higherdesire is offline Banned

AM protien shake

I get up in the morning and drink a shaek with 50g of GNC soy protien, 3 whole eggs, and 8 oz of organic whole milk. Then at night before bed I drink 50g of ON casien protien with water. Are these practices ok? Iget most of my nutrients form food, but have htese tow shakes and a Isopure 50g shake PWO. I am just unclear on how effective the timing of these are. They are not taken with other meals. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah your practices seem appropriate...a shake for breakfast, pwo, and casein at night sounds good. I hope you are getting some carbs in with the breakfast and pwo shake, if not this is a must! Oatmeal is one of my top choice carbs, especially for breakfast. Also in your breakfast shake you should drop the 3 whole eggs...it has been proven that the human body can not make use of the protein in these eggs without them being cooked. You could boil 3 eggs and have them or buy some pasteurized egg whites (such as egg beaters) and add these to your shake. The body can process this protein because the eggs are pasteurized. Also you might want to throw in some a couple scoops of natural peanut butter with your casein shake at night. You should try this combo: 1/2cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 scoop casein, 2 table spoons of natty pb and blend all of this together and add a couple ice cubes. It sounds gross but it is amazing! Hope this helps.

Thanks. I have my oatmeal about an hour later with 1 large diced apple and peanut butter natty of course. Is that good or no? BTW can you link me up to more info on the eggsnot being able to used uncooked? I have never heard htat and it is obviously wuite important info! Thanks again. I will try that awful sounding shake to and see how it goes, instead of the pure casien.

Andro9 is offline Member
    ^^ i get pasturized egg whites from wal mart so you can drink then and not worry about salmonella

Blog Entries
    i would drink a whey shake first thing in the am(to fend off catabolism from your sleep time fast) then eat your breakfast meal like 45 min to an hr later.the rest of your shake rouitien looks good.i say whey cus it digest fastest but im not familiar with soys so it may be just as good.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Yeah your practices seem appropriate...a shake for breakfast, pwo, and casein at night sounds good. I hope you are getting some carbs in with the breakfast and pwo shake, if not this is a must! Oatmeal is one of my top choice carbs, especially for breakfast. Also in your breakfast shake you should drop the 3 whole eggs...it has been proven that the human body can not make use of the protein in these eggs without them being cooked. You could boil 3 eggs and have them or buy some pasteurized egg whites (such as egg beaters) and add these to your shake. The body can process this protein because the eggs are pasteurized. Also you might want to throw in some a couple scoops of natural peanut butter with your casein shake at night. You should try this combo: 1/2cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 scoop casein, 2 table spoons of natty pb and blend all of this together and add a couple ice cubes. It sounds gross but it is amazing! Hope this helps.
    I would also be interested to see where you found this info imola

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    i would drink a whey shake first thing in the am(to fend off catabolism from your sleep time fast) then eat your breakfast meal like 45 min to an hr later.the rest of your shake rouitien looks good.i say whey cus it digest fastest but im not familiar with soys so it may be just as good.
    soy is not quite a fast absorbing as whey, but it is very close, so it's still a suitable candidate for use upon waking or pwo, although whole food is always better imo

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Egg Protein

A large egg provides 6 grams of protein. Protein content of egg white=3.6g, protein content of egg yolk=2.7g

Eggs have the highest quality protein in the food supply with the amino acid pattern almost matching the human requirement for essential amino acids (FAO protein value=100).

Digestibility of egg protein is 97%. This means that 97% of the egg protein is absorbed as amino acids, which are available for new protein synthesis and replacement of lost protein.

Cooked egg protein is more digestible than raw egg protein (cooked egg protein digestibility=90.9%+/-0.8, raw egg protein digestibility=51.3%+/-9.8).

The biological value of egg protein is 94%. Biological value is a measure of the rate at which the protein in food supports growth. Eggs and milk have the highest biological value and provide more amino acids for growth and tissue maintenance than even meat, including beef, chicken, pork and fish.

Is adding flaxseed to my shake ok?

TODouble2 is offline Associate Member
    i add flaxseed oil to my shakes.. unless i put oatmeal or dextrose/maltodextrin in the shake. gotta separate carbs and fat

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Egg Protein

A large egg provides 6 grams of protein. Protein content of egg white=3.6g, protein content of egg yolk=2.7g

Eggs have the highest quality protein in the food supply with the amino acid pattern almost matching the human requirement for essential amino acids (FAO protein value=100).

Digestibility of egg protein is 97%. This means that 97% of the egg protein is absorbed as amino acids, which are available for new protein synthesis and replacement of lost protein.

Cooked egg protein is more digestible than raw egg protein (cooked egg protein digestibility=90.9%+/-0.8, raw egg protein digestibility=51.3%+/-9.8).

The biological value of egg protein is 94%. Biological value is a measure of the rate at which the protein in food supports growth. Eggs and milk have the highest biological value and provide more amino acids for growth and tissue maintenance than even meat, including beef, chicken, pork and fish.
    Thanks size... Great info!

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    Is adding flaxseed to my shake ok?
    Anytime other than PWO is just fine

Quote Originally Posted by TODouble2 View Post
    i add flaxseed oil to my shakes.. unless i put oatmeal or dextrose/maltodextrin in the shake. gotta separate carbs and fat
    What does that mean? I am not sure how it corelates to flaxseed, can you calrify for me? Thanks.
    Last edited by higherdesire; 12-10-2008 at 08:46 PM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    I get up in the morning and drink a shaek with 50g of GNC soy protien, 3 whole eggs, and 8 oz of organic whole milk. Then at night before bed I drink 50g of ON casien protien with water. Are these practices ok? Iget most of my nutrients form food, but have htese tow shakes and a Isopure 50g shake PWO. I am just unclear on how effective the timing of these are. They are not taken with other meals. Any input is welcome. Thanks.
    Too much protein in the first meal. You are getting 70+ grams and there is no need for that. Plus, I would not recommend anyone drink milk ever. Maybe every once in a while have milk, and switch the source; cows, soy, rice and almond. I personally dont ever drink milk as it serves no good purpose except maybe to make a shake taste a little better.
    If you use milk than limit it to like 3 times per week or cut it out all together if you can.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Too much protein in the first meal. You are getting 70+ grams and there is no need for that. Plus, I would not recommend anyone drink milk ever. Maybe every once in a while have milk, and switch the source; cows, soy, rice and almond. I personally dont ever drink milk as it serves no good purpose except maybe to make a shake taste a little better.
    If you use milk than limit it to like 3 times per week or cut it out all together if you can.
    Bino, curious why you do not recommend anyone to drink milk ever, if as Sizerp stated, "eggs and milk have the highest biological value and provide more amino acids for growth and tissue maintenance than even meat, including beef, chicken, pork and fish."

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well there are a few reasons.
    Our bodies stop producing the enzyme to digest milk at about the age of 5. Only when we became obsessed with dairy and the whole calcium thing did we force our bodies to keep producing the enzyme.
    So yes you can have the enzyme but its not by your bodies choice, other foods we can go without for years and still have the enzyme system im place, for milke our bodies purposely stop making it when we arent babies anymore.
    Secondly even if we have the enzyme, raw milk is now not available and we can only get pastuerized milk, meaning we first boil it and kill off all the vitamins and natural enzymes in the milk before we consume it.

The most valid reason of all is that milk is extremely mucus forming, it causes a lot of mucus to form in your airways, which leads to a lot of allergic reactions and as we all know mucus is a breeding ground for viruses, bacteria and other antigens.

Im not sayin its gona kill ya, but with al the hormones and antibiotics in the milk these days I just dont suggest it at all.

There is just no really good reason to have it imo.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    very interesting. I had no idea our bodies stopped producing that digestive enzyme when we were children. Thanks for the response.

thanks for the input on the milk. I do drink it for protien and I use whole milk to get the fat too. Does the use of a digestive enzyne, like fro GNC, work? I eat one with every meal. I acutally have two glasses a day. I am bulking and so i use it in my isomax right now, otherwise I use water. My appettite has been crap lately so I have been just forcing my meals but shakes have becaome a crutch to get me through this. I have ordered some b12, should be here today, and hopefully cang et away from the shakes a little once my appettite coems back which is why i am trying the b12. If that doesn't work I will have to try smoking something! anyway thanks for the input in advance!

Thread Information