mustang331 is offline Member

OK.. Now that I am not doing Keto, please comment on my new diet so far..

This is today so far, I was doing the Keto diet, but after some questioning on it, it would be better I don't (to much intense cardio)

I am about 230lbs
    29 years old
    my goal is 170lbs

I was 265 about 2 months ago and was not all that serious about my diet, but want to get serious now.

Please read the red below, thanks.

8:45am
    6 eggwhites
    1 whole egg
    1 package of instant plain oatmeal
    Calories=305
    Fat=8
    Carbs=22
    Protein=32

11:00am
    Shake
    Calories=240
    Fat=2
    Carbs=6
    Protein=50

12:00pm
    Lean Ground Turkey with Asparagus, made into a meat loaf, 6oz of brown rice
    Calories=433
    Fat=14
    Carbs=46
    Protein=34

3:00pm
    Lean Ground Turkey with Asparagus, made into a meat loaf, 6oz of brown rice
    Calories=433
    Fat=14
    Carbs=46
    Protein=34

I will update as the rest of the day goes forward.

I am just worried about the fat and carbs deal.. I am mixing the two, because even though the turkey is lean, it still has fat in it.

To make it clear, I do 2+ hours a day of very intense MMA training, I do NOT work out with weights, my main goal is just to lose weight right now, I understand I might lose some muscle but I am ok with that. Thanks

Been using fit day.com and this is what I ended with

Calories=1950 (low I know)
    Fat=60(is this to much?)
    Carbs=130(??)
    Protein=210(I know this is low for many of you, but being I am doing NO weight training is it still important to get at least 1 gram per lbs. ?)

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    If you're doing 2 hours of mma everyday, you should be burning a lot of extra calories... If you continue to do so taking in so few calories, your bodies fat losing mechanisms will shut down because you are starving yourself... I think you should still get 1 gram per lb. because although you may not be training with heavy weights, mma still is taxing on your muscles...

Edgar is offline Associate Member
    be carefull with what you eat after coming off keto diet for the next 2 to 3 weeks. it can be a nightmare if you dont intake carbs at the right time only.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    be carefull with what you eat after coming off keto diet for the next 2 to 3 weeks. it can be a nightmare if you dont intake carbs at the right time only.
    Good advice Edgar. It is wise to introduce small amounts of carbs per meal into your diet and slowly taper your carb intake up during the first 2 or so weeks.

This will also help reduce the severity of the water retention rebound that you will get from eating carbs again. But that weight will also balance back out in 2-3 weeks, so don't panic. You shouldn't have much of a problem anyway since you weren't on the keto diet for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Good advice Edgar. It is wise to introduce small amounts of carbs per meal into your diet and slowly taper your carb intake up during the first 2 or so weeks.

This will also help reduce the severity of the water retention rebound that you will get from eating carbs again. But that weight will also balance back out in 2-3 weeks, so don't panic. You shouldn't have much of a problem anyway since you weren't on the keto diet for that long.
    What about carb cycling?? For example, I don't plan on training today because of an injury I got last night.. Can/should I do no/low carbs today? and every day I plan to NOT train?

THANKS

Also, can someone please advise me on what they think of my, Carb,Fat intake?

Thanks!

Thread Information