PlainFlying is offline New Member

Need help making a meal plan

I am new to this site and the first thing said to me is my diet sucks, so i figure I would read the educational forum, get a base, then start learing more by the day. I have learned one thing so far, there is soooo much to learn and I am in no way ready to even think about doing anything unnatural. I figure I need a base to start from and build from there. My goal is weight gain. I read a forum on figuring out how many calories you need to gain weight and the forum was very informative. But I am not sure how to start a meal plan and make it effictive. I am hoping someone can help me put together some meals to help me reach my calorie/protein/carb intake.

Here are my current stats (embarrasing to type).
    I am 30 years old, weigh 145lbs, and am 5'10''. My BMR= 2,849.78 and based on taking in 2-3g of protein per lbs i need about 362.5 grams of protein a day.

I work form home so I can cook at anytime. The only obstacle I see in the way of my diet is my wife who loves to eat at restaurants. I figure I can make healthy choices those days!

Please help me put together a meal plan, I look forwad to reading your thoughts and making some natural gains.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainFlying View Post
    I am new to this site and the first thing said to me is my diet sucks, so i figure I would read the educational forum, get a base, then start learing more by the day. I have learned one thing so far, there is soooo much to learn and I am in no way ready to even think about doing anything unnatural. I figure I need a base to start from and build from there. My goal is weight gain. I read a forum on figuring out how many calories you need to gain weight and the forum was very informative. But I am not sure how to start a meal plan and make it effictive. I am hoping someone can help me put together some meals to help me reach my calorie/protein/carb intake.

Here are my current stats (embarrasing to type).
    I am 30 years old, weigh 145lbs, and am 5'10''. My BMR= 2,849.78 and based on taking in 2-3g of protein per lbs i need about 362.5 grams of protein a day.

I work form home so I can cook at anytime. The only obstacle I see in the way of my diet is my wife who loves to eat at restaurants. I figure I can make healthy choices those days!

Please help me put together a meal plan, I look forwad to reading your thoughts and making some natural gains.
    I'm not diet expert by any means but I can tell you right away that 362 grams of protein is way overkill and unnessecery. Shoot for about 225ish (1.5g x body weight)

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I'm not diet expert by any means but I can tell you right away that 362 grams of protein is way overkill and unnessecery. Shoot for about 225ish (1.5g x body weight)
    This is more the standard and will likely give you all the protein you will need, especially since you are making a very smar decision in training naturally to get your weight up before using AAS...

Here is a diet that I run something similar to right now just for a basis of something for you to look at. You will not need near this many calories, but it will give you an idea of quality food sources to choose from...I think a good ratio you may wat to consider when putting your diet together would be 37/43/20 protein/carbs/fat...

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...93#post4264293

PlainFlying is offline New Member
    ******, Thanks for letting me know my protein take was overkill! I think it will be much easier to get the 225g in over the day.

Fit4ever, the link you gave me is an excellent source, now I have to do some math, but the food selections were exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help bro!

Thread Information