50g Pro 50g Carb 450 cal

Meal 5 - 6oz Chicken Breast or Salmon
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup salad
    40g Pro 40g carb 350 cal w/chicken 550 cal w/salmon

Meal 6 - Casein Protein Shake 2 scoops
    50g Pro 6g carb 220 cal

Totals: Pro - 251g carb - 169g calories - 1500

I'm not meeting my Pro goal and I think that my calorie intake is too low. Should I add more protein to my meals? maybe 8oz of meat instead of 6oz? Or should I add an extra meal of chicken and salad? I think my carbs are good for now and plan to lower them as time progresses. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You guys kick ass and thanks!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calichico View Post
    I'm getting back into the gym and I'm going to start my "cut diet."
    Stats:
    21 yrs
    210 lbs
    5'9"
    25-30% BF

Nutritional goals (Daily):
    Pro - 300g Protein
    Carb - 175g daily to start and lower it every week until 115g daily
    fat - 50g Flax oil or salmon
    calories - 2000-2100?
    I think your macros look pretty good, maybe up the fat to 70-80g (incorporate fish oil, almonds, natural peanut butter as well). I think your cals are to low I would start with 2500-2800 cals and then go from there.

DIET:
    Meal 1 - 5 egg whites
    5 onces ground turkey
    3 corn tortillas or 1 cup oatmeal - Cooked
    51g Pro 46g carb 500 cal
    No corn tortillas, stick with the oats
    Meal 2 - Protein shake - 1 scoop
    Apple
    27g Pro 20g carb 180 cal
    I would go with a lean protein source here (not a protein shake) like canned tuna, chicken, ground turkey, etc. and you could add in some efa's (I prefer almonds because you will also get some protein from them as well).
    Meal 3 - 6oz Chicken Breast
    1 cup green salad
    35g Pro 7g carb 187 cal
    This is your preworkout meal and carbs are a must! The chicken breast looks good but you need to add in some carbs (oats, swt pot, brown rice, etc.). You can keep the green salad.
    Workout

Meal 4 - PWO Whey Protein 2 scoops
    Dextrose 50g
    50g Pro 50g Carb 450 cal
    Looks good, although I prefer oats over dextrose because my body gets bloated on dextrose.
    Meal 5 - 6oz Chicken Breast or Salmon
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup salad
    40g Pro 40g carb 350 cal w/chicken 550 cal w/salmon
    No need for carbs here so cut out the brown rice. Instead this should be a protein/fat meal. Your protein source looks good but add in some efa's.
    Meal 6 - Casein Protein Shake 2 scoops
    50g Pro 6g carb 220 cal
    Looks good, if you need some extra cals or more fat add in 1-2 tbl. spoons of natural peanut butter.
    Totals: Pro - 251g carb - 169g calories - 1500

I'm not meeting my Pro goal and I think that my calorie intake is too low. Should I add more protein to my meals? maybe 8oz of meat instead of 6oz? This would be acceptable. Or should I add an extra meal of chicken and salad? You could add another meal or just tweek your meals as is. I think my carbs are good for now and plan to lower them as time progresses. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You guys kick ass and thanks!
    Comments in bold

calichico is offline Junior Member
    thanks for your help. Do you think that I should move the brown rice that I eat in meal 5 and move it to meal 3? Will the dextrose be enough carbs for my post workout? I just figured I needed another carb meal post workout.

I eat salmon for dinner about 3-4 times a week, so that should take care of my fat for those days, and the days I don't have salmon I will take flax oil.

As for meal 2, I'll eat chicken breast or tuna and some nuts like you said. I'll add the brown rice to my pre workout meal and maybe the apple on my way to the gym for a few extra carbs.

Any other help?

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    i think you protein is to high and your fats are bout 10-15 grams to low and carbs are to low also

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calichico View Post
    thanks for your help. Do you think that I should move the brown rice that I eat in meal 5 and move it to meal 3? Sounds like a plan!Will the dextrose be enough carbs for my post workout? Should be fine, you could add a banana to this meal as well.I just figured I needed another carb meal post workout.

I eat salmon for dinner about 3-4 times a week, so that should take care of my fat for those days, and the days I don't have salmon I will take flax oil.
    You need more fat than in just one meal on those days. Try spreading your fat intake out throughout the day, except for breakfast and pwo. Add some efa's in throughout the day.
    As for meal 2, I'll eat chicken breast or tuna and some nuts like you said. I'll add the brown rice to my pre workout meal and maybe the apple on my way to the gym for a few extra carbs.
    Sounds good.
    Any other help?
    comments in bold

Thread Information