Thread: Insulin spike!!

Blayker is offline Junior Member

Insulin spike!!

Hello

I have been reading alot about insulin spikes ,
    But what idont understand is:
    1-why its not good idea to have insulin spike all the times?

2-Insulin spikes forces the carbs and protiens to the muscles so im woundring why not to have insulin spike in every meal (6 meals)?

3-Are dates good for PWO?how about the white oat with PWO drink?

4-Since dates are got high GI is it good diea to eat it all around the day for insulin spikes?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I can answer most all at once.

You never wanna spike insulin imo. That is unless you are looking for a future with diabetes.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ unless u r making a pun and saying never wanna inject insulin ...i am confused. You dont really think a naturally induced insulin spike 4x-5x week pwo would cause diabetes? If you do im very curious (and skeptical) and wanna hear you out ......
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-18-2008 at 05:17 PM.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ unless u r making a pun and saying never wanna inject insulin ...i am confused. You dont really think a naturally induced insulin spike 4x-5x week pwo would cause diabetes? If you do im very curious (and skeptical) and wanna hear you out ......
    x2^^^

im confused here
    Why insulin spikes are not good?
    And if its bad why would u guys take dextros/insulin PWO?

I was just trying to be healthy there and get naturl insulin spikes by forcing carbs/sugar in every meal.

Please clear it out for me and others.

Im not saying that if you do this you WILL get diabetes. But it sure increases your risk.

overloading you rbody with sugars will cause insulin to be released to stabilize blood sugar, it is never a perfect mechanism so your blood sugar drops a little too low and your body then releases glucagon to raise blood sugart back up. However, there is still insulin flying around so its shuttled into tissues again for storage and then your adrenal glands release cortisol to compensate for the dramatic drop in blood sugar. The more you do this to your body the more you go back and forth between burning out your beta cells and adrenal glands.

Next you are suffering from hypoglycemia and after that diabetes it is.

So, are you guaranteed to get diabetes from having a sugar surge once a day/ Maybe, maybe not. Is the risk increased...absolutely it is.
    And then to want to do it for every meal? Then you are doomed.

Blog Entries
    I hear you. I think ill risk it with the predominantly healthy diet i dont think this will cause me to become daibetic. As you said every meal possibly...even probably...only 5x/week total....I think ill be ok. Given most peoples horrible eating habits one insulin spike a day would be an amazing improvement to 95 % of the population...and in my case it isnt even every day. Good info though and prob explains why daibeties is on the rise......although i attribute that to obesity maybe more so than directly to this. thanks again for information. Curious do you ever eat high gi/gl carbs ? for example pwo?
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-18-2008 at 09:33 PM.

So to make it clear C-bino...
    I have to avoid insulin spike (sugar,High GI carbs) im i right ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I hear you. I think ill risk it with the predominantly healthy diet i dont think this will cause me to become daibetic. As you said every meal possibly...even probably...only 5x/week total....I think ill be ok. Given most peoples horrible eating habits one insulin spike a day would be an amazing improvement to 95 % of the population...and in my case it isnt even every day. Good info though and prob explains why daibeties is on the rise......although i attribute that to obesity maybe more so than directly to this. thanks again for information. Curious do you ever eat high gi/gl carbs ? for example pwo?
    Naw i try never to take in high GI or GL carbs. I dont really see any benefit and I am friends with a few IFBB pros and none of them take in high GI either.

I mean say you took 2 identical people, trained the same and ate the same amount of calories with the same macro ratio's for a year. One of them taking dextrose after workout one taking yams. Is the one who took dextrose going to have more lean body mass at the end of the year even tho they took in the exact same amount of carbs and protein? I dont think so.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ yeah i duuno either.... with adequate all day nutrition it shouldnt be necessary. I do it but I wonder. I sometimes think it all strted after a few college studies and muscletech pushing their bs cell tech product. Anyway interesting input.

Thread Information