Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic

Thumbs up What are you eating right now???

Post What your eating right now

4 cups of skim milk and 2 teaspoons of EVO added a scoop of BCAA's and some cinnamon and splenda and a dash of nutmeg for my Post cardio drink

this is 40 grams protein 52 grams carbs and 10grams of fat

NEOSUP is offline Associate Member
    chicken breast and oats with splenda

ilovesus is offline Member
    Iam eating at the Y!
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post

4 cups of skim milk and 2 teaspoons of EVO added a scoop of BCAA's and some cinnamon and splenda and a dash of nutmeg for my Post cardio drink

MalibuD is offline Associate Member
    5 whole eggs fried in olive oil and a T-bone.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuD View Post
    sounds good . think i have to stop and get me a steak on the way home from work

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

Easy on the milk there man, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Easy on the milk there man, wow.
    why do you say that??? i really dont have alot of milk to often and i felt like using some up, it fit into my macro's and really doesnt bloat me, and its winter so im not worried about the SOFT look.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuD View Post
    you shouldnt use olive oil for cooking it changes the chemical properties and loses its health benefits

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    just ate...

1 1/2 sweet potatoes
    1 chicken breast
    1 yogurt

then drank 3 scoops instant coffee with Creatine and BCAA's

gym in an hour

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    300g ground beef cooked in olive oil.

you shouldnt use olive oil for cooking it changes the chemical properties and loses its health benefits
    I usually use pam but I was out so I used what I had. Explain why olive oil is bad. Just want to know.

Blog Entries
    Yeah please tell me more ive never heard this before????

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    from what ive heard if heated over 350 degrees you get no benefits from the essential fatty acids BUT ive also read this:

Olive Oil Myth: Olive oil loses its benefits when heated

The Facts: Excessively heating olive oil will evaporate the alcohols and esters which make up its delicate taste and fragrance. Heating olive oil will not change its health aspects, only the flavor. Use a cheaper olive oil which doesn't have much flavor to begin with if you want to fry with it, add a more flavorful olive oil after cooking or at the table.

Olive Oil Myth: Heating a cooking oil will make it saturated or a trans-fatty oil.

The Facts: As far as making a saturated fat, according to Dr. A. Kiritsakis, a world renowned oil chemist in Athens, (Book - OLIVE OIL FROM THE TREE TO THE TABLE -Second edition 1998), all oils will oxidize and hydrogenate to a tiny degree if repeatedly heated to very high temperatures such as is done in commercial frying operations. Olive pomace oil and virgin olive oil are both highly monounsaturated oils and therefore resistant to oxidation and hydrogenation. Studies have shown oxidation and hydrogenation occurs to a lesser degree in olive oil than in other oils. But in any case, the amount of hydrogenation is miniscule and no home cook would ever experience this problem.

The large refinery-like factories which take unsaturated vegetable oil and turn it into margarine or vegetable lard do so by bubbling hydrogen gas through 250 to 400 degree hot vegetable oil in the presence of a metal catalyst, usually nickel or platinum. The process can take several hours. You cannot make a saturated product like margarine at home by heating olive oil or any other vegetable oil in a pan. We don't know where this weird notion has come from. For more see our olive oil chemistry page

Changing a cis-fat to a trans-fat does not occur on a home stove.

Olive Oil Myth: Cooking in olive oil diminishes the nutritional value of the food.

Olive Oil Fact: Heating food will break down its nutritional value. High heat such as frying is worse than moderate heat such as steaming, which is worse than eating vegetables raw. It is not the cooking oil per se, but the high heat of frying. I am not aware of any edible cooking oil which of itself diminishes the nutritional value of the food cooked in it. Most nutritionists recommend lightly steaming vegetables or eating them raw. A touch of a flavorsome olive oil added at the table will add taste and healthful anti-oxidants. Such is the "Mediterranean diet" which has been shown to help prevent coronary disease and have other health benefits.

Good Post Jimmy. Glad to hear, Ive been using olive oil for years to bake fish, chicken etc.. Ive always been told olive oil is very good for you. Good to hear.

Blog Entries
    Great post thanks Jimmy.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    2 chicken breast cooked in olive oil
    1/2 cup green peas
    1 /2 sweet potato saute in olive oil..

you asked
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    from what ive heard if heated over 350 degrees you get no benefits from the essential fatty acids BUT ive also read this:

Olive Oil Myth: Olive oil loses its benefits when heated

The Facts: Excessively heating olive oil will evaporate the alcohols and esters which make up its delicate taste and fragrance. Heating olive oil will not change its health aspects, only the flavor. Use a cheaper olive oil which doesn't have much flavor to begin with if you want to fry with it, add a more flavorful olive oil after cooking or at the table.

Olive Oil Myth: Heating a cooking oil will make it saturated or a trans-fatty oil.

The Facts: As far as making a saturated fat, according to Dr. A. Kiritsakis, a world renowned oil chemist in Athens, (Book - OLIVE OIL FROM THE TREE TO THE TABLE -Second edition 1998), all oils will oxidize and hydrogenate to a tiny degree if repeatedly heated to very high temperatures such as is done in commercial frying operations. Olive pomace oil and virgin olive oil are both highly monounsaturated oils and therefore resistant to oxidation and hydrogenation. Studies have shown oxidation and hydrogenation occurs to a lesser degree in olive oil than in other oils. But in any case, the amount of hydrogenation is miniscule and no home cook would ever experience this problem.

The large refinery-like factories which take unsaturated vegetable oil and turn it into margarine or vegetable lard do so by bubbling hydrogen gas through 250 to 400 degree hot vegetable oil in the presence of a metal catalyst, usually nickel or platinum. The process can take several hours. You cannot make a saturated product like margarine at home by heating olive oil or any other vegetable oil in a pan. We don't know where this weird notion has come from. For more see our olive oil chemistry page

Changing a cis-fat to a trans-fat does not occur on a home stove.

Olive Oil Myth: Cooking in olive oil diminishes the nutritional value of the food.

Olive Oil Fact: Heating food will break down its nutritional value. High heat such as frying is worse than moderate heat such as steaming, which is worse than eating vegetables raw. It is not the cooking oil per se, but the high heat of frying. I am not aware of any edible cooking oil which of itself diminishes the nutritional value of the food cooked in it. Most nutritionists recommend lightly steaming vegetables or eating them raw. A touch of a flavorsome olive oil added at the table will add taste and healthful anti-oxidants. Such is the "Mediterranean diet" which has been shown to help prevent coronary disease and have other health benefits.

Very good info. I've always heard the myths but it always seemed more like "Bro knowledge" to me.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    2 donoughts, 1 cup of ice cream, a piece of cake and 9 oreo cookies
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    10 oz. chicken 42g almonds and next will be 8 oz. polluck, 1 head red leaf lettuce, and 150g avocado

sizerp is offline Banned
    2 cans tuna w/ mayo
    1.5C brown rice
    salad

what is that like 80grams of protein?

sizerp is offline Banned
    1 6 oz. can ~ 37.5g x2 = 75g pro.

ya. bulking.

why do you say that??? i really dont have alot of milk to often and i felt like using some up, it fit into my macro's and really doesnt bloat me, and its winter so im not worried about the SOFT look.
    Not everything we eat should just be accepted because it fits into our macro's or because the bloat doesnt matter.

You are drinking milk from another animal, which you are not naturally designed to drink, you lack the enzymes for it unless you force your body to produce them. Any milk you buy is flash heated destroying all natural enzymes and bacteria and vitamins and also milk is mucus forming, increasing risk or viral and bacterial infections and respiratory problems.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Not everything we eat should just be accepted because it fits into our macro's or because the bloat doesnt matter.

You are drinking milk from another animal, which you are not naturally designed to drink, you lack the enzymes for it unless you force your body to produce them. Any milk you buy is flash heated destroying all natural enzymes and bacteria and vitamins and also milk is mucus forming, increasing risk or viral and bacterial infections and respiratory problems.
    I agree with your statement about ALL dairy... but it's such a good bulker :P

Blog Entries
    ^^^ and given the fact he said he rarely ingests alot of milk i think id cut him some slack ....well that and the fact that for how many years now have we ingested pasteurized or uht pasteurized milk at this point ?? I personally think that while what u say is true ....if its an occasional thing there are prob more important things he can worry about when working to accomplish his goals. JMO...

Oats mixed with Cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of Natty PB with spelnda cinnamon nutmeg coca powder YYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b4 bed of course

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    PWO shake.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Chicken, sweet potato, herbal tea.

Cup of egg whites 5 oz red potato and 1 tablespoon of Natty peanut butter, oh yeah low carb ketchup on the Eggs and Taters

Yummy!!!!!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    2 cups oats.
    1 1/2 cans tuna

and 2 cookies
    darn my sweet tooth!!

sizerp is offline Banned
    2C milk
    2S whey
    snatch

The concept of what humans "were designed for" is not a very useful one. You could say "force our body to produce them"...I would say it is just as correct to say "stimulate" rather than force. No one uses the phrase "Force your muscles to grow" in a negative way to refer to the practice of lifting weights.

Humans have consumed non-human milk for literally thousands of years. Humans were not designed to have kidney transplants, drink fluoridated water or take antibiotics (simply dying due to infection worked for the species for untold millenia). It doesn't imply those things are bad for us.

If there is specific evidence that drinking milk causes susceptibility to certain infections I would be interested to hear about it. I am not saying there is no such evidence, but I have not heard it.

If the argument is to replace it with water, what is the point of criticizing it based on lacks, becuase of pasteurization, vitamins, bacteria and enzymes?
    Last edited by BrokenBricks; 12-19-2008 at 11:50 AM.

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    just finished 3 corn on the cobs and a prawn salad! ****in spectacularr!!

blue ribbon burger from red robin >>>>> was my cheat meal

Blog Entries
    ^^^ nice .....damn they have awesome burgers right???

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    snatch
    fury, groomed, or bald? My fav is bald!

do you recommend i do not have milk? or dairy in general? i could exclude milk from my diet but i would prefer not to. Also, cottage cheese is a great casein protein which i consume every night before bed?
    what do you use for casein?

-AJ

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    fury, groomed, or bald? My fav is bald!
    mine was fiesty and full of fury, lol, sorry had too

and i just had a sweet potato shake(light soymilk, splenda, cinnamin, sweet potatos) and 11oz of chicken with light mayo/smoked chipotle sauce

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    The concept of what humans "were designed for" is not a very useful one. You could say "force our body to produce them"...I would say it is just as correct to say "stimulate" rather than force. No one uses the phrase "Force your muscles to grow" in a negative way to refer to the practice of lifting weights.

Not useful? So than what is a usefull/acceptable answer? The fact that our bodies STOP producing the enzyme to digest milk at around the age of 5 is not useful? LOL ok so if milk is so useful and good for us why is it our bodies do this?

Humans have consumed non-human milk for literally thousands of years. Humans were not designed to have kidney transplants, drink fluoridated water or take antibiotics (simply dying due to infection worked for the species for untold millenia). It doesn't imply those things are bad for us.

Wow...you actually think flouride is good for you...or antibiotics? Sorry but I dont even know why I should bother setting this all straight for you if you dont even know those things. The point is, we would not need kidney transplants or antibiotics etc if we actually nourished our bodies properly and ate nutrient dense foods...ie NOT milk.

If there is specific evidence that drinking milk causes susceptibility to certain infections I would be interested to hear about it. I am not saying there is no such evidence, but I have not heard it.

There is absolutely no arguing that dairy/milk is mucus forming and is one of if not THE most prominent allergy in north america. Things that are mucus forming cause bronchial distress and trap more bacteria and viruses which your body normally wouldnt be trapping save for the fact that you are creating much more mucus by consuming these products.

If the argument is to replace it with water, what is the point of criticizing it based on lacks, becuase of pasteurization, vitamins, bacteria and enzymes?

Read about mucus forming action.
    Go ahead and keep drinking milk, I have it once in a while too. But dont be fooled into thinking its doing you a lot of good.

do you recommend i do not have milk? or dairy in general? i could exclude milk from my diet but i would prefer not to. Also, cottage cheese is a great casein protein which i consume every night before bed?
    what do you use for casein?

-AJ
    Hey man everyone is free to do as they please. Its not like the milk will kill you, unless you have a severe allergy etc. Im just saying there really isnt any great benefit from it.

I dont take in casein protein. I just eat 7 meals each day of good old whole foods and supplements with BCAA's a lot as well.

You want a protein source that takes a while to assimilate amino acids from? Eat some beef.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information