MrBoJangles is offline New Member

Red face My hardgainer builking diet any advice welcome

Ok i'm 24 years old, I weigh 73kg I'm a hardgainer I am really natually skinny I have made gains however since starting training seriously 18 months ago. I just made a note of everything I eat yesterday which was a preety average day for me i'm doing a bit of a dirty bulk, 100% clean bulks dont seem completely neccesary to me because i have an extremely fast matabolism and i am already quite cut with low body fat though any advice on anything is welcome

8am

4 scrambled eggs on 2 pieces of whole wholemeal toast

2 x Wheetabix cereal in milk

1 Bananna

28 grams of protein

10am

2 pieces of Bacon on whoemeal toast

18 grams of protein

12pm

Chicken sandwhich on 2 pieces of wholemeal bread

30 grams of protein

2pm

Tuna

30 grams of protein

4pm

2 breaded chickens

30 grams of protein

5:30pm

Pre workout creatine

7pm

Post workout Protein shake and creatine

50 grams of protein

9pm

Tuna

30 grams of protein

11pm

Protein shake then bed

50 grams of protein

.................................................. ..............

Thats 266 grams of protein throughout the day, I'm not sure how much carbs i'm taking exactly do you think it's enough from what I said i'm eating? I'm not sure on calories either however I know that the two protein shakes alone contain 2500 calories according to the label so surely i'm at about 4000 calories a day? I also take Zinc supplement and also snack on fruit such as grapes and blueberries inbetween these meals i'd like to know what you all think
    Last edited by MrBoJangles; 06-20-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You essentially need carbs and fats if you want to bulk.

Your current stats indicate that you are wasting your time and money with 266gr of protein, this much protein won't help you magically build muscle unless you are on AAS. Believe it or not, you do NOT more than 150gr of protein at your current stats.

You need to figure out your TDEE first, and start intaking a certain amount of calories ABOVE it, but not from protein cals.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 06-21-2012 at 02:01 AM.

MrBoJangles is offline New Member
    Thanks alot the advice i'll look into that, eating over 3 times my weight in protein grams did seem a bit excessive i'll put more emphasis into getting fats and complex carbs down me sticking protein between 150-175. thanks

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Hey man,

You need to take the time and breakdown your macros for the day.....proteins, carbs and fats. That way we can have a better look at what your taking in.
    Either way I think that your diet overall is very poor. Ur not using optimal carb sources for your meals and the timing of your food is off in terms of best times for carb intake...etc.
    How tall are you????

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBoJangles View Post
    Thanks alot the advice i'll look into that, eating over 3 times my weight in protein grams did seem a bit excessive i'll put more emphasis into getting fats and complex carbs down me sticking protein between 150-175. thanks
    Again, even 150gr is too much for a natural.

You said you are 73kg with low BF%. All you need is 1.5-2gr of protein per pound of LBM, which means that it would be sufficent even if you were to consume 130-140gr of protein ED. Thus, I certainly wouldn't go up to 175gr ED.

Up your complex carbs and healthy fats, not protein.

Thread Information