BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member

What are your thoughts on the South Beach Diet? Can't find any threads on it

I searched for threads on the South Beach diet...found NOTHING!

Is it no good or something?

I'm debating between the keto diet and the South Beach diet. I used to work out intensely, but I stopped for the last three years and I've gained a lot of fat. I have no muscle any more (used to be pretty buffed up but that was back in the day)...I figure that since I have no muscle to lose might as well lose all my fat first.

So do you think I should go for the keto diet or the south beach one? Keep in mind I don't care about losing muscle at this point in time.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    I searched for threads on the South Beach diet...found NOTHING!

Is it no good or something?

I'm debating between the keto diet and the South Beach diet. I used to work out intensely, but I stopped for the last three years and I've gained a lot of fat. I have no muscle any more (used to be pretty buffed up but that was back in the day)...I figure that since I have no muscle to lose might as well lose all my fat first.

So do you think I should go for the keto diet or the south beach one? Keep in mind I don't care about losing muscle at this point in time.

Bad way of thinking. If you lose all your fat and you have nothing underneath it you'll still be the skinny fat guy. Don't do any crash diets or something that will set you up for failure. Take a look at the cutting sticky in the diet section. That is a base for a good diet to help you retain whatever muscle you do have and possibly (debatable) add a little bit as you've been out of the gym for a long time. IF something like that doesn't sound like something you can follow I would suggest going to a local book store and buying the book "body for life". In my opinion it's the best set up for losing weight, retaining muscle and living an overall healthy lifestyle for the average person.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks bro.

I checked a couple of the stickies, but oddly enough they didn't write how much of each item to eat, i.e. how much lean meat, etc. Hmmm, maybe I'll keep searching for something like that.

Again, thanks.

alirae is offline New Member
    I am wondering the same thing.....haven't done the keto diet, but I have been on South Beach for two weeks and lost over ten pounds, even with a few cheats. South Beach teaches to eat in ways to even insulin levels.
    Several people have called it a fad diet on here, but it teaches high vegetable and lean protein consumption and low simple carb consumption. Would love to know WHAT part of South Beach is disagreed with and why.....I am not so in love with it that I wouldn't be open to detailed suggestions to fix the diet even more.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    The part i disagree with is that the little south beach meals are all processed dog shit!!

Thread Information