wrestless is offline Junior Member

Question Cutting Diet

Guys see if there is any help for me here are my stats : Weight 156 lbs

Age 53
    Height 5'5
    Body type Mesomorph
    BF about 10%
    Bodybuilding for 28 years
    I am still having a hard time losing the 1/2 inch of fat on my abs navel area,
    lower abs are cut and vascular, is this normal or did I have to many years of eating well. I am on a very clean diet consisting of no shakes only white meat chicken, tuna, egg whites out of quart container, carbs are mainly brown rice, oatmeal, some broccoli or other greens. I have continued like this for 3 months with a down around thanksgiving I was 152 before, 4 days after thanksgiving 157. Coming back off very slowly. Started 1 hr of treadmill at 15 degree 2 MPH no holding on handles around 500 calories. My show is in April and want to make sure I'm right should I up my cardio to 2 times a day ? Or
    no joke do I need LIPO ? My Arms , Back, Legs , Chest are vascular but this damn Gut is killing me i don't know if this is extra skin and will it go away when I cut out the water ? or cut out more carbs . Carb intake right now is about 200 grams protein is at least 160 grams. Sorry guys I gave you my life story but I'm just trying to look my best for the show.
    Thanks Rich

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    What is your post-workout and post cardio meals like?

How many calories are you taking in daily.

What is your intake of sodium and dairy, and how many meals do you have each day?

What is your average heart rate during your cardio?

LOL Sorry for the 20 questions....

My heart rate is 118 while doing the treadmill as I said before 15 degree at 2MPH.
    I eat always about 3000 calories
    Before I train I eat about 35 grams of protein and 1/2 cup of brown rice
    I usually do my cardio right after training I train a triple split 6 days a week
    Mon -Thurs.....Chest and Back
    Tues and Fri....Arms and Shoulders
    Wed and Sat ....Legs some abs
    I do not eat any Dairy except I do consume coffee twice daily with milk only
    I hope this covers it.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Obviously you know what you're doing. I assume that your sodium intake is low and that you are indeed eating 5+ meals a day...

The only real advise that I can think to give is to have lower GI/GL carb sources (Sweet potatoes, Ezekiel Bread, Aktivated barley, steel cut oats)
    And slower ascimilating protein sources (Beef) or more eggs because of their bioavailability.

Honestly an hour of good cardio a day should be sufficient for you. Bump for more opinions. Here are just a few of the many that give some solid diet advice.
    Narkissos, Big Texan, C Bino, Novastepp, Phate, AdamGH, Fit4ever, Prada, smokethedays... Lots more.
    Good luck bud. Maybe whore around a little in the lounge until you can send a PM (25 posts) and ask some of the bro's to take a look. Sadly our precious Diet Forum is lonely these days.
    Last edited by Rugger02; 12-19-2008 at 10:39 PM.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestless View Post
    Guys see if there is any help for me here are my stats : Weight 156 lbs

Age 53
    Height 5'5
    Body type Mesomorph
    BF about 10%
    Bodybuilding for 28 years
    I am still having a hard time losing the 1/2 inch of fat on my abs navel area,
    lower abs are cut and vascular, is this normal or did I have to many years of eating well. I am on a very clean diet consisting of no shakes only white meat chicken, tuna, egg whites out of quart container, carbs are mainly brown rice, oatmeal, some broccoli or other greens. I have continued like this for 3 months with a down around thanksgiving I was 152 before, 4 days after thanksgiving 157. Coming back off very slowly. Started 1 hr of treadmill at 15 degree 2 MPH no holding on handles around 500 calories. My show is in April and want to make sure I'm right should I up my cardio to 2 times a day ? Or
    no joke do I need LIPO ? My Arms , Back, Legs , Chest are vascular but this damn Gut is killing me i don't know if this is extra skin and will it go away when I cut out the water ? or cut out more carbs . Carb intake right now is about 200 grams protein is at least 160 grams. Sorry guys I gave you my life story but I'm just trying to look my best for the show.
    Thanks Rich
    Post you diet please.

Thanks guys I have been doing more research on dieting and unfortunately
    I have to realize I'm not driving a new car anymore. Its taking a little longer than it did 5 years ago when I last dieted to get cut. My carb intake is into the night and I found out that most should be taking before 1:00 pm so Ill
    try that for a week and continue with cardio at 1 hr ED and see how that works.

Thread Information