Satva1100 is offline Junior Member

can i eat 3 huge meals instead of 6 small

i dont have time to eat every 3 hours but i can eat like a horse so can i just eat 3 giant meals a day? all the diets say to eat 6 meals a day i work construction so i cant do that.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Satva1100 View Post
    i dont have time to eat every 3 hours but i can eat like a horse so can i just eat 3 giant meals a day? all the diets say to eat 6 meals a day i work construction so i cant do that.
    In short - to build mass you'll find the benefits of eating smaller portions throughout the day outweigh the typical three meal plan. Can't you prepare foods and take them with you? Tupperware is your friend.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    My answer is no. 6-8 smaller meals is much more beneficial bro. Sneak some food while you're working. You don't get breaks?

i guess i can do that but id just have to eat it cold

RBIZZY is offline Member
    your body can only take in so many cals, protien, carbs, every so often... like every three hours. i believe all the rest gets stored negitively. so thats why its important to eat every three hours. that way you use everything to help build muscle, instead of waisting a good majority of it as waist or even worse, fat. imo

thanks for the info ill switch that up

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    Eating more meals will help to speed up your metabolism, which will help you burn unwanted fat.

testa dura is offline Banned
    wrong section champ

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBIZZY View Post
    your body can only take in so many cals, protien, carbs, every so often... like every three hours. i believe all the rest gets stored negitively. so thats why its important to eat every three hours. that way you use everything to help build muscle, instead of waisting a good majority of it as waist or even worse, fat. imo
    +1 What he said.

I would say that eating 6 meals a day vs 3 is probably the single most beneficial thing you can do to speed up your metabolism. This makes it much easier to build muscle and reduce fat.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Plus, I know I can't fit 4k calories into 3 meals unless I ate McDonald's for each meal lol.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    For sure atleast 3 solid meals and 2-3 shakes in between= 5 to 6 a day

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I eat meals at work cold... Sux but gets the job done.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with a nice cold chicken salad. Tuna and pasta is nice cold, man theres loads you cam eat cold.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Plus with you working construction I'm sure you are constantly burning cals...eating lots of meals insures the body is getting fuel and the metabolism is reving!

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Satva1100 View Post
    how about try both and see how you react. give each method a month trial each. then from there decide whats best for you. lot of this is trial and error. important thing is always finding what works best for you.

^^Very good advice, too often I think we insist that people must do something a certain way because that's what works best for us, therefore we assume everyone must do the same. The only thing I would say is to be consistent. If you do try eating three large meals, make sure the macros are the same every day. And if you try 5-6 meals make sure you're taking in the same amounts of macros per day as you were for the three meals. This way your results won't be altered by any other influence other than how many meals you eat.

whats the best sandwiches to take to work pb&j tuna or ham & cheese with mayoi figure 4 a day while im at work

Tuna baby!
    See if your local health food store carries "Ezekiel Bread" it's a very low GI carb source and much healthier for you even than whole wheat bread.

I also use the Hellmanns Mayo that's made with olive oil. They got it at Wal-mart and it's a healthier fat than other kinds.

If you're cutting, i wouldn't recommend eating too much peanut butter, and if you do make sure it's "all natural"
    Also jelly is a no-no. but they do make sugar free jelly.

Also Borden makes fat free cheese singles that are more diet friendly.

Thread Information