Ljavy17 is offline Associate Member

The Big Macro Question.

So Today, I was wondering right, Lets say I have a BMR of like 2500 cals a day. I am eating about 2200 to cut right now.
    This Morning I did 1hr of cardio of an empty Stomach (only a whey shake and some black coffee)
    I felt like having a NO carb day so I did. Most of my calories are protein and low fat.
    I would say My ratios for the day are somewhere around 60% Percent protein, 25 to 30 percent Fat and 10 percent carbs.
    Is this too much, Will I be Burning more fat since Most of my calories are from protein, I am super carb sensitive.
    Is it the same thing to eat 2000Cals a day mostly From protein rather than say a 60/30/10 Pro carb Fat ratio.
    Did I mention I am really Carb Sensitive.
    Is it safer to go over calories in Protein than in carbs while in a cut? Will I Risk Losing fat even with the 1hr cardio?

Since you are having no carbs then for that day your body should be using mostly fat instead of carbs for energy right? Specially after the morning cardio. So even If I ate maintance calories while doing this I should still be losing fat no?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljavy17 View Post
    So Today, I was wondering right, Lets say I have a BMR of like 2500 cals a day. I am eating about 2200 to cut right now.
    This Morning I did 1hr of cardio of an empty Stomach (only a whey shake and some black coffee)
    I felt like having a NO carb day so I did. Most of my calories are protein and low fat.
    I would say My ratios for the day are somewhere around 60% Percent protein, 25 to 30 percent Fat and 10 percent carbs.
    Is this too much, Will I be Burning more fat since Most of my calories are from protein, I am super carb sensitive. this is called ketosis(search ketogenic diet), though in order to go this you must keep it up for several weeks to reap the benefits, if you are doing it for the day, then you are carb cycling
    Is it the same thing to eat 2000Cals a day mostly From protein rather than say a 60/30/10 Pro carb Fat ratio. the thermogenic value of the macros is different, so no, protein takes more energy to digest(around 30% of the total calories are converted to heat, carbs 10-15%, fat around 1-2%)
    Did I mention I am really Carb Sensitive. i believe so
    Is it safer to go over calories in Protein than in carbs while in a cut? Will I Risk Losing fat even with the 1hr cardio?why are you worried about risking losing fat, isn't that what you want?
    personally i keep carbs/protein high during cuts and bulks, but if you are carb sensitive, then i would say it is safer for you to go over in protein

I have done keto diets and they DID not work for me (CKD) . I stayed in Ketosis for 6 days of the week and did not lose much.
    So even on my Low/Zero Carb day I should still keep the fats low? Whats the Highest safe amount of fat I can have for one day? on a 2000cal diet.. 50Grams a day?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    well....work it this way, it's easier

you have 2000cal to work with

going over 50-60g of protein per meal is not doing alot of benefit except in PWO*multiply how many meals you have by 60*, now you have the amount of protein you should eat that day, if it exceeds 350-400g, then back it down a bit so you're not doing over 350

now take that amount of protein, say 300g if you eat 5-6 meals, and multiply by 4 to get the amount of calories from protein each day, so that would be 1200

2000total cals-1200cal from protein leaves 800cal to work with, i would subtract around the amount of carbs you think you are going to eat during the day, then you have the amount of fat you should eat(9cal per gram of fat as opposed to 4 for pro/carb)

see how i'm doing this, using this method or something similar you can create an individualized meal plan on the spot each day

got it, thanks brother.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Pull up your pants.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    ive asked before, he doesnt do it. it's just disturbing.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Pull up your pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    ive asked before, he doesnt do it. it's just disturbing.
    Haha... not as disturbing as DSM's avy...

/me loves DSM in a hetero way...

Thread Information