Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ratios

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member

Question ratios

whats the best bulk ratio of protein/carbs/and fat, put it in this section because i know the aas changes the ammount and rate of protein absorption so just wanted to know if it made a difference or not

bbuilder is offline Associate Member
    Depending on what you want to do.

Bulking you want high protein moderate fat and low carbs.

Cutting you want high protein moderate fat and NO carbs.

I like the ketosis diet for cutting up.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    whats the best bulk ratio of protein/carbs/and fat, put it in this section because i know the aas changes the ammount and rate of protein absorption so just wanted to know if it made a difference or not
    It's hard to say. Everyone hs a different metabolism. Some thrive on high carb/moderate protein/low fat

Others more carb sensitive need high protein, moderate carbs/moderate fat.

Best ratio to start of with, then you can tweak. is 40p/40c/20f.

bbuilder is offline Associate Member
    Very true, and perfect example in my case. I never respond well to any sort of high carbs. Pull out the carbs and BANG...down goes my body fat.

so when cutting you guys eat only pwo carbs, and none the rest of the day? does any muscle get eaten?

so when cutting you guys eat only pwo carbs, and none the rest of the day? does any muscle get eaten?

I'm dieting for a show right now on my version of the keto diet. On training days only, I have carbs PWO and PPWO meals.Non training days pro/fat only.
    No I never lose muscle tissue.

Look at my picture in my profile, do I look small to you? That was a show last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    I'm dieting for a show right now on my version of the keto diet. On training days only, I have carbs PWO and PPWO meals.Non training days pro/fat only.
    No I never lose muscle tissue.

Look at my picture in my profile, do I look small to you? That was a show last year.
    no you look awesome actually i wann rip up before i start my first cycle so i should just wake up and then i run and i have an oatmeal/protein shake and then it should be just protein /fat all day, i use tuna,egg whites, and chicken breast, i have fish oil caps is tha good for fats?

does this route work alot faster? how quick does the fat melt off? like what do you lose in bf a week usually?

no you look awesome actually i wann rip up before i start my first cycle so i should just wake up and then i run and i have an oatmeal/protein shake and then it should be just protein /fat all day, i use tuna,egg whites, and chicken breast, i have fish oil caps is tha good for fats?
    If you are going to just eat carbs PWO, all your other meals need healthy fats.
    Depends on your size, how much fats you would take in at each meal.

Fish oil gel caps are easy to dose, because of accuracy. Each one is a gram.

Other preferred fats are:

Extra virgin olive oil
    Pecan oil
    Walnut oil
    Avocado oil
    Almond oil
    Hazel nut oil
    Pistachio oil
    Macadamia nut oil

Each oil above, one Tablespoon is 14 g of fat. So if you are taking in 16g of fat at each meal, you'd take one tablespoon of the oils I posted above, plus 2 fish oil gel caps, to give you a total of 16 g of fat for that meal

You never eat pro/veg, or you will lose muscle tissue.

i am 23 and im 245 lbs at 6 foot tall and about 15 percent fat, maybee alittle less i have just a small pich of fat on the lower belly but can only see top 2 abs

does this route work alot faster? how quick does the fat melt off? like what do you lose in bf a week usually?

You need to do cardio(and ramp it up as needed), plus every couple weeks, lower your fats a little. Say week 1 of the diet you are taking in 14g of fats at each meal, by week 3-4 you'd reduce fats to 10 grams per meal.
    Keep protein the same, always, and your PWO carbs the same.

You need to do cardio(and ramp it up as needed), plus every couple weeks, lower your fats a little. Say week 1 of the diet you are taking in 14g of fats at each meal, by week 3-4 you'd reduce fats to 10 grams per meal.
    Keep protein the same, always, and your PWO carbs the same.
    1.5 grams per pound for muscle and how much fats based on my stats?

i am 23 and im 245 lbs at 6 foot tall and about 15 percent fat, maybee alittle less i have just a small pich of fat on the lower belly but can only see top 2 abs

OK, for you. Start with 16g of fats at all your meals, and reduce to 13g 3 weeks later, then a couple week later 10g, and so on. You'll get shredded

OK, for you. Start with 16g of fats at all your meals, and reduce to 13g 3 weeks later, then a couple week later 10g, and so on. You'll get shredded

awesome! thanks alot bro i knew these diets were the best but didnt know the ins and out, how long can they be ran before they cause problems? or dont they?

1.5 grams per pound for muscle and how much fats based on my stats?
    I just answered your fat question. Protein on this type diet is 2g per pound of LBM

shifty_git2 is offline Associate Member
    great advice as always pinn!!!

suggest these guys hit the diet forum and look at the link to the basics of diet and the video link there.

heres the link guys -

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=323516

well worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git2 View Post
    great advice as always pinn!!!

suggest these guys hit the diet forum and look at the link to the basics of diet and the video link there.
    im on a cutting diet and cardio and know whats up but never really got into these types of diets though, but im stoked i think pinnacle just saved me like 2 months of slow cutting

awesome! thanks alot bro i knew these diets were the best but didnt know the ins and out, how long can they be ran before they cause problems? or dont they?
    They don't. After about two weeks, your body will learn to convert fat to glucose*wink*

Important! Once a week, like sunday, have a refeed your first 4 meals. Eat you protein first, then eat any low fat carbs you want. Waffles, pancakes, rice ect. It doesn't matter.Don't stuff yiourself. Eat til you are full. Just NO fats with those meals. After meal 4 go back on the pro fat diet. No cardio on this day. No training. It defeats the purpose of the refeed.

They don't. After about two weeks, your body will learn to convert fat to glucose*wink*

Important! Once a week, like sunday, have a refeed your first 4 meals. Eat you protein first, then eat any low fat carbs you want. Waffles, pancakes, rice ect. It doesn't matter.Don't stuff yiourself. Eat til you are full. Just NO fats with those meals. After meal 4 go back on the pro fat diet. No cardio on this day. No training. It defeats the purpose of the refeed.
    so basically a small cheat day on sunday? thats my rest day anyway, how quick does the fat melt i wann start my cycle in a month is it possible?

so basically a small cheat day on sunday? thats my rest day anyway, how quick does the fat melt i wann start my cycle in a month is it possible?
    It speeds up your metabolism, thyroid and tricks your body into thinking you aren't dieting any more

Cardio is very important with this type diet. I suggest you start at 45 minutes, 6 days a week, keeping your heart rate at 130 the whole time.

If you want to start the cycle very lean, which I suggest, take 6 weeks bro.

Follow the plan I told you in ramping down fats.

It speeds up your metabolism, thyroid and tricks your body into thinking you aren't dieting any more

Cardio is very important with this type diet. I suggest you start at 45 minutes, 6 days a week, keeping your heart rate at 130 the whole time.

Thats something i 100% agree with!

Imagine the typical dieter, who skips breakfast so there metabolism never kicks fully into gear for the rest of the day, so they are wasting potential burnt calories during there general daily activities.

sounds awesone 6 weeks until ripped sounds good, not much to do here in the winter but pound the weights, i run 25 min on the road 6 days a week but dont have away to monitor hears t rate so i just run fast enough to be tired and have heart rate up but not dead or sprint tired, what you think? i can up the time easy enough

i usually jog and then have a shake with oats and protein and then ill do the fat and protein only thing the rest of the day, does that sound right?

sounds awesone 6 weeks until ripped sounds good, not much to do here in the winter but pound the weights, i run 25 min on the road 6 days a week but dont have away to monitor hears t rate so i just run fast enough to be tired and have heart rate up but not dead or sprint tired, what you think? i can up the time easy enough
    Can't you go to the gym and use an elliptical trainer? That's a great fat burning device. It has a heart rate monitor built into the machine. Do it right or you won't get the results!

i usually jog and then have a shake with oats and protein and then ill do the fat and protein only thing the rest of the day, does that sound right?
    Do your cardio in the gym! Then have your shake, and follow the diet the rest of the day. You don't train?

yeah i usually weight train but the past couple of weeks ive just been running and cutting because iw ant to be done cutting so bad, im ready to cycle and get bigger, its on its way but this cutting has me stuck its frustrating as heel, ya know what i mean

Can't you go to the gym and use an elliptical trainer? That's a great fat burning device. It has a heart rate monitor built into the machine. Do it right or you won't get the results!

yeah i have a membership at the y but live an hour away and run a business so i gotta get all my guys started in the mornings so im usually hitting a jog then a quick shower and im out but ill see what i can do i want this bad bro

yeah i have a membership at the y but live an hour away and run a business so i gotta get all my guys started in the mornings so im usually hitting a jog then a quick shower and im out but ill see what i can do i want this bad bro
    You can run 45 minutes on non training days, Do your cardio after you train. Simple, right?

what if i cardio am and use my home gym at night to weight train? still the same pwo sake what about pre wo? just need to bang this out then ill be hitting the gym every morning while on cycle for bulk

what if i cardio am and use my home gym at night to weight train? still the same pwo sake what about pre wo? just need to bang this out then ill be hitting the gym every morning while on cycle for bulk
    That's fine bro. Same PWO shake too

Good luck with the diet!

thanks alot man i went and bought some of the olive oil today cant wait to start tomorrow and watch the fat melt, thanks bro

thanks alot man i went and bought some of the olive oil today cant wait to start tomorrow and watch the fat melt, thanks bro

My pleasure to help.

On top of being a competitive bodybuilder. I'm a trainer/sports nutritionist as well.

I just don't have the time these days to post much to help the board members out.

I used to post in the steroid forum/ HGH forum alot. But my time is limited these days.

started it yesterday and accidently dosed the whole day out with 1 teaspoon instead of one table spoon but still felt good and felt a difference but now today ive been taking the full tablespoon and feel like i put back on what i lost yesterday, is it in my head or is it too much fat considering there is some fat in the chicken breasts ive been eating, i went yesterday morning and this morning to the gym on the eliptical for 45 min and felt awesome after this morning but not sure if its in my head or if 1 tablespoon of fat at every meal is just too much? thanks for the help

bump for pinnacle

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    so im doin a 40/40/20 split right now at 15% BF tryin to get down to 10% doing cardio 2x day 5 a week and train 2hours a day 5 days a week is that decent for cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    so im doin a 40/40/20 split right now at 15% BF tryin to get down to 10% doing cardio 2x day 5 a week and train 2hours a day 5 days a week is that decent for cutting?
    i dont know it depends on your bmr and what your burning compared to what your taking in, it takes a long time so im trying the keto approach it blast fat fast, read the rest of the thread and youll see what im talking about

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    bump for pinnacle
    Pinn/RR can be contacted at RazorRipped.com.

His screen name is also that there.

He owns the forum.

goose is offline Banned
    bump for pinnacle
    You want to look sick hire the man!!!

Warning P ussys need not apply!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information