sonysucks is offline Associate Member

ketosis concern.

Howdy folks.
    I have been completely carb reduced for 4 days now. Just protiens through turkey ,chicken,beef and some natty pb and and nuts and pepperoni and efa supps for fats. I am using ketostix and checking about 3-4 times a day and I am still reporting zero...had a trace amount on one test a few days ago,but then nothing and still nothing.
    Before christmas I attempted to get into ketosis and hit trace amounts in a couple days and it remained there with one day spiking to the next higher level (low)...then christmas hit with the big dinner ,breaky and some wine...but I figured no bigee...2 days of cheating and then back at it...what is causing the resistance in my achieving keto and also please answer about the fats that I am taking ....since I have no ketones in my sysstem what is happening to the extra fats I am consuming...are they actually bieng burned for energy (without ketones is this possible) or am I just puttung the fat into storage(major pisser cause thats why I am trying the keto effect to lose fat!)

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    just a little sugar can take you out of ketosis

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    it can take some people at times 4 days to enter....esp after "going off big time" for 2 days ...alot of people go 1st 2 weeks with no carb up for that reason....

After 5 days still nothing...even checked my chewing gum....suger free.It just scares me thinking that I may not be burning all the fat I am consuming...it may be getting stored...I am not leaning out at all the last two weeks....

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Might wanna drop the gum...

Damn frustrating... 2weeks now (5 days no carbs then one heavy one light day then 5 days no carbs)of starving myself of carbs and shitty results...No loss of visual bf nor any improvements on the scale....
    The chub on my stomach feels different...looser....flabby...how can I cut somw water that I may be retaining from the test e? I thought carb reduction would rid me of retained water?

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Eat asparagus 5-6 times a day steamed.
    asparagus awesome diuretic
    Also if your not dropping weight in 2 weeks, you really need to look at your diet and tweak something and see what it does for you in a week.

Ljavy17 is offline Associate Member
    Sugar free Gum has citric acid which could start the krebs cycle = Kick you out of ketosis.
    Also NO sugar free drinks or diet sodas.
    It is easier to get into ketosis by eating large amounts of fats for the first few days.
    Check only Once (Upon Awakening) after an overnight fast when your bladder gets the most concentrated urine (more Ketones) the more water you drink, the more dilute your Urine, which could be the cause as to why you are not showing ketones.

Ljavy17 is offline Associate Member
    Too much protein could also keep you out of ketosis. (it used to kick me out of it)
    So follow a 60 to 70 percent fat
    25 to 30 Protein ( I used to do 25) and the rest carbs.
    Follow everything I am telling you for two straight days. On the third day, do not touch those ketosticks until that first morning Piss.

thefunkybuddha is offline Associate Member
    I dont know about protien kicking you out of ketosis...must be some carbs in the meat your eating somehow from the sauce or something.

I do atkins a lot. My gf had similiar issues and she stopped chewing the gum and was able to get in. You really have to scrutinize everything you are eating...there may be hidden carbs. Even if something has zero carbs...it may have less than one but not actually zero. They are allowed to claim zero even though it isnt truely zero. So you may be eating a lot of stuff that has 'hidden carbs'.

As far as a 70% Fat diet...i think id throw up. What are you gonna do eat crisco? Just make sure you are under 20 carbs a day. The more under 20 the faster you will get into ketosis.

Blog Entries
    dairy proteins MAY hinder ketosis but it is unlikely (lactose is a sugar) Maltitol and sorbitol in sugar free gum effect blood glucose levels hindering ketosis. Some people say they have adverse results in attaining ketosis with citric acid in diet (diet sodas,crystal light) the citric acid for me personally has never been an issue...

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What has your caloric intake been here lately and how much Test E are you running and duration? All of this is vital info we need to know.

thefunkybuddha is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    dairy proteins MAY hinder ketosis but it is unlikely (lactose is a sugar) Maltitol and sorbitol in sugar free gum effect blood glucose levels hindering ketosis. Some people say they have adverse results in attaining ketosis with citric acid in diet (diet sodas,crystal light) the citric acid for me personally has never been an issue...
    Lactose is a carb. Its not the protein...its the carbs.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ right but people take in dairy proteins thinking they are good for this type of diet not always realizing they contain lactose which is a sugar (the worse kind of carb to remain in ketosis)...thought thats what i said????

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    i am on it now and lost 10 pounds the first week + alot of water and carb depletion im sure but top two abd came out and everything it was impressive i couldnt believe it and quick results keep me motivated thats why i did this diet and not others, i dropped mostly fat my muscle measurements are all the same and i see a noticeable and impressive difference in the first week, what are your stats, i eat 40 grams protein and 16g fat with no carbs except 30g post cardio of waxy carbs and 50g post workout heavy lifting and thats it for carbs!!! then on sunday i dont train and eat moderate carbs for first 4 meals to reload glycogen and confuse body then that night i am right back on it and rop the fat by 3 grams every three weeks, havn't been past 3 weeks yet but real excited last time i got 2 weeks and hit tough times and quit but was losing alot of fat, i eat just egg white's chicken breast and turkey breast or shake for ptotein and only extra virgin olive oil for fats hope that helps some

Thread Information