Bryaaaaan is offline New Member

Question Maintaining Low Blood Sugar levels..

I'm curious, On your diet, how much more effective is building muscle when you time your insulin spikes opposed to someone who diets and doesn't regulate their blood sugar 100%..??

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryaaaaan View Post
    I'm curious, On your diet, how much more effective is building muscle when you time your insulin spikes opposed to someone who diets and doesn't regulate their blood sugar 100%..??
    there a huge difference in the effect.

Timing insulin spike is very crucial. Post workout is the most anabolic state your body will experience through out the day, therefore the way you deal with 1st hour post workout translates into what results you should expect.

During the 45-60 mins post workout like I said your body is in an anabolic state, starving for nutrients. Insulin spike guarantees you a greater amount of nutrients delievered to the muscles, including glycogen storing process.

Our bodies tend to build resistance towards insulin as produces it. So if you were to consume Oats as a source of carbs, your body will not be required to produce a lot of insulin since Oats are complex carbs and slow burning source of it. Which will help savet he bigger burst of insulin with greater response for post workout meal, and that is the reason behind using Dextrose, Maltodextrine, Waxy Maize or any other simple sugar source including fruits.

Exclamation

I got ya, I was just wondering because I would consume yogurt mid day @ times and it has a fair amount of sugar, and I want to maximize results so I'll probably resort to something else besides that.

Soooo Insulin Spikes should be done in morning? With oats, cinnamon and splenda, ... partial pre workout with pasta and spike it for PWO.. Correct?!

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryaaaaan View Post
    I got ya, I was just wondering because I would consume yogurt mid day @ times and it has a fair amount of sugar, and I want to maximize results so I'll probably resort to something else besides that.

Soooo Insulin Spikes should be done in morning? With oats, cinnamon and splenda, ... partial pre workout with pasta and spike it for PWO.. Correct?!
    mmm, you got me wrong my friend.
    sorry if I wasn't clear.

Insulin spike occurs whenever, there is no time for it. you set the time through your dieting habbits.

If you were to eat oats and other grains as a source of carbs (moderatley) during the day, that will reduce your body's resistance to insulin and therfore if you consume simple sugars (about 80 grams is suffecient) post workout your body's reaction to insulin will be greater. creating a total anabolic state.

makes sense?

oh ok I got u..heh

Thread Information