newboy11382 is offline New Member

Fructose or dextrose

Ive been reading many posts on diets and the 2 named carbs sups in the title are mentioned quite alot in diet examples etc . are they really that good as they are very cheap compared to many branded shakes, are there any down sides? and which of the 2 is beta.? adding this to protein shakes would work out alot cheaper than the all in one shakes.. and in this fanancial climate every penny saved is a bonus. lol. thanx for any advise.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by newboy11382 View Post
    Ive been reading many posts on diets and the 2 named carbs sups in the title are mentioned quite alot in diet examples etc . are they really that good as they are very cheap compared to many branded shakes, are there any down sides? and which of the 2 is beta.? adding this to protein shakes would work out alot cheaper than the all in one shakes.. and in this fanancial climate every penny saved is a bonus. lol. thanx for any advise.
    why would you want to add fructose to a protein drink?

i don't get your question

seriousmass is offline Banned
    ^^ I think he's asking which is better to add... I think...

OP buy some dextrose to your post-workout shake for some carbs. That's what I do..

Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    ^^ I think he's asking which is better to add... I think...

OP buy some dextrose to your post-workout shake for some carbs. That's what I do..
    i personally wouldn't use dextrose or maltodextrin, it's basically overloading your body with sugar to cause a huge insulin spike, and dextrose has negative effects on your immune system and such

personally i use waxy maize starch/whey after workout, then 90minutes later eat a meal

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i personally wouldn't use dextrose or maltodextrin, it's basically overloading your body with sugar to cause a huge insulin spike, and dextrose has negative effects on your immune system and such

personally i use waxy maize starch/whey after workout, then 90minutes later eat a meal
    Good info Phate. I realize the insulin spike isn't necessary, but I like to throw 70g into my Whey shake + 5g creatine PWO + 5 - 10g glutamine. I really find that the insulin spike created by dextrose helps my body move nutrients from these other supplements into the muscle cells quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    Good info Phate. I realize the insulin spike isn't necessary, but I like to throw 70g into my Whey shake + 5g creatine PWO + 5 - 10g glutamine. I really find that the insulin spike created by dextrose helps my body move nutrients from these other supplements into the muscle cells quickly...
    that's the claim of WMS, to shuttle nutrients into muscle without the spike, btw, the glutamine is counterproductive if you are using protein powder with glutamic acid in it

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ somebodies gotta get the "for sure" on WMS ....we saw the low impact on blood sugar ..i just wanna know for sure re: the nutrient shuttling effects....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ somebodies gotta get the "for sure" on WMS ....we saw the low impact on blood sugar ..i just wanna know for sure re: the nutrient shuttling effects....
    i agree, but i use it anyway, though with a fail safe of sorts

since you have a 2 hours anabolic window after a workout, i drink a shake immediately following the workout, then eat a full meal 90 minutes later just to make sure my body is getting the nutrients it needs

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ yeah either way im sure its not hurting by any means ..im just curious...i think your pwo solid meal 90 mins after is def the way to go as well ...i do the same.....

Thread Information