RoidBoid is offline Member

Pro Sports Player Diet...

hey guys just seen this diet side and thought id see if i can learn from others that have better knowledge then me on the diet side of things, i play pro sport and have just cut down cardio training to an hour ruffly a day and plus my weight's 6 days a week,

As you can imagen my carb intake is high as for the amount of cardio im doing and also im in the region of 330g of protein, im a slender type build and just needing some more tips on how to eat better, my diet is good but could some1 possibly draw me one up?
    thanks for your time reading
    RoidBoid

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by RoidBoid View Post
    hey guys just seen this diet side and thought id see if i can learn from others that have better knowledge then me on the diet side of things, i play pro sport and have just cut down cardio training to an hour ruffly a day and plus my weight's 6 days a week,

As you can imagen my carb intake is high as for the amount of cardio im doing and also im in the region of 330g of protein, im a slender type build and just needing some more tips on how to eat better, my diet is good but could some1 possibly draw me one up?
    thanks for your time reading
    RoidBoid
    first write down everything you eat tomorrow so we can see what we're working with, then we'll be happy to help you critique it

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    what sport do you play

play football in england (soccer) so as you can imagen i cant let myself get massive other wise i wouldnt be able to run around for 90minutes but any help on diet would be great...

ALL SHAKES ARE WITH MILK NOT WATER.

My diet

7.00 am
    Readybreak bowl or proridge
    or brown bread with nutts, low fat butter with penut butter on top
    pint of water

7.15am
    Protein shake.... ( i do have weight gainer should i be taking it now or sticking to the whey?) and a banana

9.00am
    snacks, nutrigrain bar before i train, squash and water

(finish training at 11.35)

12pm
    hot meal, either large portion of fish or chicken , high carbs and low fat with a glass of water then afer one of two rice puddings

1pm
    Weight gainer shake and banana ( its american brand so the scoop is like a shovel, i do half before i do weights, half after) plently of water

1.45-2pm
    Weight gainer after gym with a nutrigrain bar then more water

Small portion of chicken or fish if not a protein bar

meal, chicken, sweet potato,pasta, large salad two glasses of water

protein bar glass of water

whey protein shake and stay up 20mins before i go to bed.

i have bad sleep problems, in the winter i struggle to stay awake past 8 or 9 and i get up at around 6

all help would be great, please remember im an athlete.

i wish i could sleep by 9. its 3am and i'm wide awake.

for the most part the diet looks pretty good. i play soccer too, but not that seriously, so i now its a good workout and it allows you to eat a little more loosely.

some of your foods are more simple carbs, like the nutrigrain bars, which aren't bad, but could be better. i'd look to add more complex carbs, sweet potatoes, potatoes, lentils, oatmeal.

i think a protein/fat meal would be better at night than the shake/bar you have. i don't think the weight gainers are that good, they just have a lot of calories, not good ones. some whey and simple carbs after lifting would be good.

what team do you play for? not premier league are you? haha

im afraid i cant say that for obvious reasons, okay, the weight gainer is best at night you think? my matab is extremly fast, i dont drink or smoke and get away with eating alot without gettin weight on, good sometimes (pre-season) bad when trying to get more cut and bigger

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is that you in your avatar?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Is that you in your avatar?
    I was thinking that too, if so you look too big for a pro-soccer player.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    play football in england (soccer) so as you can imagen i cant let myself get massive other wise i wouldnt be able to run around for 90minutes but any help on diet would be great...

ALL SHAKES ARE WITH MILK NOT WATER.

My diet

7.00 am
    Readybreak bowl or proridge
    or brown bread with nutts, low fat butter with penut butter on top
    pint of water
    cut out the pb and nuts, no need for fat here yet
    7.15am
    Protein shake.... ( i do have weight gainer should i be taking it now or sticking to the whey?) and a banana
    go with whey here, though solid food would be a better option IMO
    9.00am
    snacks, nutrigrain bar before i train, squash and water
    nutrigrain is not a very good carb source, try making a shake with one blended sweet potato(30-40g of carbs worth) and a scoop of protein powder, add some milk to create a nice consistency
    (finish training at 11.35)

12pm
    hot meal, either large portion of fish or chicken , high carbs and low fat with a glass of water then afer one of two rice puddings
    i don't like the rice puddings but the other stuff is good
    1pm
    Weight gainer shake and banana ( its american brand so the scoop is like a shovel, i do half before i do weights, half after) plently of water
    i don't like weight gainer shakes personally
    1.45-2pm
    Weight gainer after gym with a nutrigrain bar then more water
    against i don't like them, but make sure you get at least 50-60g of protein and 80-90g of carbs
    Small portion of chicken or fish if not a protein bar
    eat a good portion of chicken/fish and some good carbs here
    meal, chicken, sweet potato,pasta, large salad two glasses of water
    good
    protein bar glass of water
    no protein bar, eat some solid food
    whey protein shake and stay up 20mins before i go to bed.
    whey shake here does nothing as whey is digested in 30-45 minutes, get some cottage cheese and eat a good pro/fat meal, cottage cheese and nuts is a good one
    i have bad sleep problems, in the winter i struggle to stay awake past 8 or 9 and i get up at around 6

all help would be great, please remember im an athlete.
    what i recommended is a bit more food than you normally eat but you should be fine with all the soccer practice

fit4ever is offline Associate Member
    Soccer players usually aren't quite that top heavy as it will negatively affect their agility. Great looking physique though!

lol fit4ever, have you ever played soccer? its not like you're going to fall over. if you have a bigger upper body you just need a stronger core (abs). i'm not that cut and probably a little smaller, but still bigger than most soccer players

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    lol fit4ever, have you ever played soccer? its not like you're going to fall over. if you have a bigger upper body you just need a stronger core (abs). i'm not that cut and probably a little smaller, but still bigger than most soccer players
    Yeah, I played from age 5 to age 23. Most soccer players have a pretty balanced physique from top to bottom. While they may have strong legs, they're not overly bulky anywhere on their bodies. Rooney from Manchester United is the stockiest player that comes to my mind and he looks no where near the person that started this thread.

rooney is pretty big, but there are definitely some bigger guys out there. especially if you get out of the pro's not everyone is that fit, and there are so many more people that there have to be bigger ones. i know the ideal soccer player isn't huge, but its not a big disadvantage as long as your cardio is there with it

some of my friends for example : High league player.... search on google with top off, and you can tell me that people in my job dont take steroids ???
    Last edited by RoidBoid; 01-08-2009 at 01:55 AM.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So, I'm assuming that is you in your avatar? Is that pic from the off season or during season? Stats?

some of my friends for example : mika richards.... search on google with top off, and you can tell me that people in my job dont take steroids???
    So you're openly admitting that your friend Mika Richards takes steroids ? Whether he does or does not, I'd encourage you to not mention your friends names on a website like this one moving forward.

Best of luck to you and may you remain healthy for the remainder of your career!

im not saying anyone takes steriods all im implying is there is steriods in the top levels of every game, i know people on steriods thay are extremly famous, most of it is growth becuase its un-detectable!

Thread Information