#47 is offline Junior Member

Keto Diet Review!

hey guys! was wondering if this keto diet plan will give me the nutrients i need to maintain muscle while cutting fat, ive been on it for a few days an hunger isnt too much of a problem. do you think i could or should up the amount of protein? are amino acid pills ok to take? heard some controversy about them, they are 2,222mgs each. just lookin for some more experienced insight
    stats:
    age- 23
    height- 5' 8"
    weight- 195
    bf%- 12-15% (estimate)
    im currently on a 100mgAdrol/day, 750mg Sust/week (switched from the previous test e cause of pain/soreness issues)

Meal 1: 5 whole eggs scrambled
    510 calories, 37 grams fat, 6.5 grams carbohydrates, 34 grams protein
    Meal 2: 50 Grams Whey Isolate
    200 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 50 grams protein
    Meal 3: 8oz chicken breast
    220 calories, 3 grams fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 48 grams protein
    Meal 4: 50 grams When Isolate
    200 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 50 grams protein
    Meal 5: 8oz chicken
    Meal 6: 50 grams Whey Isolate, 8oz chicken breast
    730 calories, 37 grams fat, 6.5 grams carbohydrates, 84 grams protein
    Total: 2,080 calories, 80 grams fat, 13 grams carbohydrates, 314 grams protein

Supps also being taken: Glutamin, VitaminE, Calcium Citrate, R-ALA, Lipo-6, fish oil, multivitamin

bumpz?

RAILroad is offline Junior Member
    i dont know to much about the keto but i believe you are suppose to have fats. so have like 2 tbs of natty pb or some macadamia nut oil....jmo

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by #47 View Post
    hey guys! was wondering if this keto diet plan will give me the nutrients i need to maintain muscle while cutting fat, ive been on it for a few days an hunger isnt too much of a problem. do you think i could or should up the amount of protein? are amino acid pills ok to take? heard some controversy about them, they are 2,222mgs each. just lookin for some more experienced insight
    stats:
    age- 23
    height- 5' 8"
    weight- 195
    bf%- 12-15% (estimate)
    im currently on a 100mgAdrol/day, 750mg Sust/week (switched from the previous test e cause of pain/soreness issues)

Meal 1: 5 whole eggs scrambled
    510 calories, 37 grams fat, 6.5 grams carbohydrates, 34 grams protein
    Meal 2: 50 Grams Whey Isolate
    200 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 50 grams protein
    Meal 3: 8oz chicken breast
    Meal 4: 50 grams When Isolate
    200 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 50 grams protein
    Meal 5: 8oz chicken
    Meal 6: 50 grams Whey Isolate, 8oz chicken breast
    730 calories, 37 grams fat, 6.5 grams carbohydrates, 84 grams protein
    Total: 2,080 calories, 80 grams fat, 13 grams carbohydrates, 314 grams protein

Supps also being taken: Glutamin, VitaminE, Calcium Citrate, R-ALA, Lipo-6, fish oil, multivitamin

I think your macros are wrong in meals 1, 3, and 6... Your BMR is just under 3000 calories, so if hunger is not an issue then you may be alright, but I would bump the calories up 200-300 and have it come from fat sources... I'm no expert on keto, but I have run them briefly just to see how they affect me and I had to consume maintenance calories and use cardio to burn the fat off...

Why would you go on a calorie deficient diet while juicing? That defeats the purpose of the juice imo... I understand you're looking to show off the new muscle, but you will likely hinder your gains doing this...

Quote Originally Posted by RAILroad View Post
    i dont know to much about the keto but i believe you are suppose to have fats. so have like 2 tbs of natty pb or some macadamia nut oil....jmo
    would this be best put with the protien shakes? kinda to give em a little more substance

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    I think your macros are wrong in meals 1, 3, and 6... Your BMR is just under 3000 calories, so if hunger is not an issue then you may be alright, but I would bump the calories up 200-300 and have it come from fat sources... I'm no expert on keto, but I have run them briefly just to see how they affect me and I had to consume maintenance calories and use cardio to burn the fat off...

Why would you go on a calorie deficient diet while juicing? That defeats the purpose of the juice imo... I understand you're looking to show off the new muscle, but you will likely hinder your gains doing this...
    what type of fat sources would you recommend? adding more eggs to meal 1? adding 2tbsp of natty peanutbutter to meals 2&3?

i get where you would see how it would hinder gains but the way i see it is that once i enter ketoisis, energy levels will not be a problem in the gym, so my sessions will be just as intense as always and that from being on a high protien diet lean muscle mass will still be achievable. also with the help of juice i wont have to worry as much about maintaining the mass i already have while in a calorie defecit

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    what type of fat sources would you recommend? adding more eggs to meal 1? adding 2tbsp of natty peanutbutter to meals 2&3?

i get where you would see how it would hinder gains but the way i see it is that once i enter ketoisis, energy levels will not be a problem in the gym, so my sessions will be just as intense as always and that from being on a high protien diet lean muscle mass will still be achievable. also with the help of juice i wont have to worry as much about maintaining the mass i already have while in a calorie defecit
    bump for experienced opinions on keto while on gear.

I'm curious. It seems counter-intuitive to me as well.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i think your macros are wacked....you should get more calories from fat and less from protein. Also spread out the fat/protein ...not 37g fat for breakfast then minimal incidental fat the rest of the day..... etc....

fit4ever180 is offline Member

Energy levels may not be a problem in the gym, but if your workout is intense enough to cause your heart rate to to even a moderate rate, you may burn muscle instead of fat (although on gear I'm not sure if that would be an issue or not?) I'd add the pb to meals 2 and 3 for the extra fat and calories like you proposed. Also, I think it's important to try and eat an equal amount of calories at each meal to reduce any roller coaster effect that may occur otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    Energy levels may not be a problem in the gym, but if your workout is intense enough to cause your heart rate to to even a moderate rate, you may burn muscle instead of fat (although on gear I'm not sure if that would be an issue or not?) I'd add the pb to meals 2 and 3 for the extra fat and calories like you proposed. Also, I think it's important to try and eat an equal amount of calories at each meal to reduce any roller coaster effect that may occur otherwise
    ok will do, thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i think your macros are wacked....you should get more calories from fat and less from protein. Also spread out the fat/protein ...not 37g fat for breakfast then minimal incidental fat the rest of the day..... etc....
    k ill make changes an space out where i have the fat in my meals, thanks

Thread Information