M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member

Splenda effects on Insulin?

The ingredients in Splenda are: dextrose, maltodextrin, and sucralose. I am wondering the effects that Splenda has on blood-sugar/insulin levels. I add splenda to my oats and green tea, so I am fairly dependant on it. So on an average day I use about 16 (1g) packets of splenda. I am cutting right now, should I worry about using Splenda? Obviously it's better than using sugar.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    it will have a minimal impact, nothing worth me actually caring about though.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    it will have a minimal impact, nothing worth me actually caring about though.
    That's what I figured but I sometimes analyze things to much. I blame it on my science background. Thanks Nolva.

Anyone else got any opinions? Where you at Jack?

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I put about 2-3 tsp and a tsp of sgrfree jelly in my oats everyday so I hope it's not bad.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    I put about 2-3 tsp and a tsp of sgrfree jelly in my oats everyday so I hope it's not bad.
    again, pretty darn minimal when looking at it from a complete dietary approach viewpoint.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    The ingredients in Splenda are: dextrose, maltodextrin, and sucralose. I am wondering the effects that Splenda has on blood-sugar/insulin levels. I add splenda to my oats and green tea, so I am fairly dependant on it. So on an average day I use about 16 (1g) packets of splenda. I am cutting right now, should I worry about using Splenda? Obviously it's better than using sugar.
    if you are really worried about it then buy bulk splenda, they add 1g of maltodextrine into the splenda packets but the bulk stuff doesn't have any

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    if you are really worried about it then buy bulk splenda, they add 1g of maltodextrine into the splenda packets but the bulk stuff doesn't have any
    sweet! I use the splenda in bulk (large bag) when I'm not at work...didn't know it doesn't have maltodextrine. Thanks Phate.

Thread Information