Clean foods with high calories

What are some clean foods with a relatively high calorie content? On my first cycle I had a hard time getting all the calories I needed, so I ate clean but my appetite wasn't strong enough for all that eating a lot of the times.

When it comes to a cycle, and you are having a hard time gaining weight, and are already lean, if you can't get enough calories from clean foods, but you have all the protein you need, should you eat whatever just to make sure you are getting enough calories?

It is so hard to eat a clean 5k LOL. I want to get close to 5k calories next cycle while eating as clean as possible, but I am considering cheating if necessary just to get the 5k.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    oatmeal and brown rice come to mind. others would be beans (you can make your own chili) amaranth quinoa raw almonds...

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    oatmeal and brown rice come to mind. others would be beans (you can make your own chili) amaranth quinoa raw almonds...
    Chili is good, but it's not that high calorie, the chili I make a HUGE pot only contains 3175 calories, it just amazes me, bad calories a tiny piece of chocolate can pack like a thousand calories!

Do you think eating a lot of fat from nut's is necessarily bad? I know you mentioned the almonds, I don't know how much fat that they have.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    natty peanut butter, oatmeal, nuts, oils, avocado, eggs, wheat pasta, brown rice

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I think fats will be the key for you.

fit4ever180 post is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    I think fats will be the key for you.

fit4ever180 post is dead on.
    I think I will try that next time, if I am lacking calories, I will eat some nuts, probably macadamias, and avocados.

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    I think I will try that next time, if I am lacking calories, I will eat some nuts, probably macadamias, and avocados.
    avocados are fat city!

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    ...so I hear

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    Ditto on avocado, olive oil big time for all your cooking, whole milk, whole eggs, if you can hit 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, you'll put on good clean size, I ditch the carbs when I eat big, I focus on good fat and protien, carbs just take up space and bloat me out

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luxifer93 View Post
    Ditto on avocado, olive oil big time for all your cooking, whole milk, whole eggs, if you can hit 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, you'll put on good clean size, I ditch the carbs when I eat big, I focus on good fat and protien, carbs just take up space and bloat me out
    Carbs are what make you grow..

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    lots of oatmeal eggs and precooked chicken. truth is your gonna need to drink a meal or two ed unless you can sit in a kitchen all day or pack around tupperware containers in a cooler and take the time to eat every 2-3hrs. so i would suggest you think about grinding oatmeal and drinking it with egg whites and whey or fruit for flavour. that and precooked meals it how i manage to get upwards of 5000cals in during my bulkers. its not easy but it can be done and if done properly you will be suprised how lean you can stay while consuming ridiculous amounts of clean cals.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLift View Post
    Carbs are what make you grow..
    This statement is False. Carbs=Energy

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    healthy fats are the key to calorie boosting in many situations - i agree with alot of what was mentioned above....
    Based on your question you really only have that direction imo . I mean carbs have 4 cal/gram and so does protein. Fats come in at almost 10. Healthy fats seem the obvious choice imo...

enigma10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    This statement is False. Carbs=Energy
    you beat me to it carbs don't give you muscle they give you energy to workout and the protein gives you muscle.

Thread Information