teamster4life is offline New Member

starting a new diet,any feed back would help

First off i'm new here so hello all. my thing is i work from 5pm to about 5am m-f. When i get home i sleep for an hour and a half then get up to get the kids ready for school. When i get back from the bus stop the lil 1 is getting up so i get her ready for kindergarden.buy the time she's on the bus its 11:45. i never used to eat until about 7:30 -8:00 at night but i'm trying to get back in shape . 10 yrs of marrage and fatherhood has consumed most of my time.just found out mom has cancer so it scared the s@!t out of me.to make a longer story short. i now wake up have a bowl of oatmeal and a bannana, after i drop the second kid at the bus i start my workout "11:45" i run on the tready for 2-4 miles at 5-6 mph. after that do weights. after workout i have a 54 gm protein shake with a 1/2 cup of strawberries. go to work and have a peanut butter sandwich at about 7:00pm.about 8pm do weights again at the gym at work.after that another protein shake with strawberries. as you can see i don't eat or sleep very well but i'm pretty much used to it.and i don't drag ass at all.my workouts are very intense like b4 i got married.now thati'm back into it there's no stopping me. i don't want to gain just want to tone.i'm 5-6 185 take vitamins and also *****3 fish oil. thnx for reading this and i hope someone can tell me if i'm starting out right. any feedback would be much appreciated.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Welcome to AR

sorry to hear about your mom.

we have a great diet section here, as you stated your diet isn't the best, too many shakes and not enough WHOLE food.

I would switch your weights and treadmill routine. always do weights first if you have to do both in the same session. you want the weights to be intense, and you burn different sugars for weights and cardio.

what exactly are your goals

teamster4life is offline New Member
    hey,thnx for the reply and also about my mom, my goals are to stay the same weight but tone up .when i was a kid i did a few cycles through some friends at the gym but after so many years of not working out i'm getting flabbyi really need to tighten up but stay the same weight.

Thread Information