tripmachine is offline Senior Member

crazy sugar cravings.... help me stop these please!

Alright basically my title says it all. Lately I've been having some really horrible cravings for sugar junk later at night..... I really don't know what has changed to make me start craving all this non sense but I really want some help on controlling this or eliminating these cravings... Does anyone have any ideas?

I know cinnamon is supposed to help so maybe i'll just eat some straight up in the evening to try to control the sugar cravings? I don't know but am open to suggestions. Thanks a lot!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Discipline:

When I use this word in posts telling members they lack that of, I'm amazed at how defensive, pissed off, offensive they get. Sometimes the truth hurts, as I know that all to well, myself.
    The reason most members of this board fail to achieve desired results is simply the lack of discipline. I see it posted thread after thread. Guys come on here stating he and his buddy are running the exact same cycle, but "I'm not getting the results he is". "How come?" That is a rather simple answer. DISCIPLINE (lack of). Your buddy wants it more than you do. He's following the nutritional plan, training his ass off, and getting plenty of rest. All the while you're out partying with fat Mary on Friday night sucking down Pizza and beer when you should be home in bed, or at least home eating a nutritious meal with fat Mary. Lord knows she could probably use it too. Now it's true, this guys buddy could possibly have better genetics, but for the novice (Like most on this board), two individuals with the same cycle experience, training style ect, should have rather the same ending results (on average).
    The vast majority of members on this board are using anabolic steroids to simply enhance their physiques. Whether it be to attract women ( or men in some cases) , or to just feel better about themselves within their own skin. That's fine. I'm all for that. I'd much
    rather see a young man (or woman) use anabolics to alter their physique for the better. As opposed to sitting at home by themselves depressed about how they look, and wind up on antidepressants, which are merely a band-aid on a cut that requires stitches. No matter the reason, if you make a decision to use anabolic steroids, you must also make a personal
    commitment to self discipline while running the compounds/drugs. They are not some magical drug that you take and all of a sudden you get huge, ripped,cut,or whatever your preferential slang may be .It requires DISCIPLINE! Discipline to show up at the gym on scheduled training sessions. Discipline to follow a strict diet. Discipline to say "NO" to your friends on Friday night when they want you to go out drinking at a club til the early hours of the morning. DISCIPLINE!! GET IT? This simple word will either make or break your cycle, and furthermore anything you try to achieve in life.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    sugar free jello

sugar free pudding

cottage cheese with cocoa powder and splenda

anything with splenda instead of sugar

lol

thats what i do

and i get those cravings about 5 times a day

i try my best to control them. but sometimes i gets to the point where i cant think or concentrate till i get something sweet in me.

cool guys.... so far so good, I'm liking your two replies.... food ideas and discipline are both great things for me to keep in mind. I'll really have to try that cottage cheese cocoa, splenda combo.... that sounds pretty good. :] thanks again and please anyone else that might have some ideas or thoughts I'd love to read them..... post away if you don't mind because this is a motivating thread for me and hopefully can be for others

Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    cool guys.... so far so good, I'm liking your two replies.... food ideas and discipline are both great things for me to keep in mind. I'll really have to try that cottage cheese cocoa, splenda combo.... that sounds pretty good. :] thanks again and please anyone else that might have some ideas or thoughts I'd love to read them..... post away if you don't mind because this is a motivating thread for me and hopefully can be for others
    add some cinnamon and all natty pb to that cottage cheese mix

thats what i eat everynight before bed (i blend and drink, but you can eat it)

one of the few things i look forward too in my life.

i like to make my own jello
    buy the sugar free jello packets

then mix with diet green tea. or diet juice/soda instead of cold water

adds a different taste and helps the sugar craving.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    add some cinnamon and all natty pb to that cottage cheese mix

thats what i eat everynight before bed (i blend and drink, but you can eat it)

one of the few things i look forward too in my life.

awesome!! keep coming with your great food/snack ideas!! these all sound like they'd be pretty good to eat... should I be eating pb much though at the time of 'cutting' ? or should it really matter much do you think? Can't wait to try that tonight though! thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    awesome!! keep coming with your great food/snack ideas!! these all sound like they'd be pretty good to eat... should I be eating pb much though at the time of 'cutting' ? or should it really matter much do you think? Can't wait to try that tonight though! thanks again.
    as long as the PB fits into your macros for the day
    in terms of fats and protein... then yeah. i dont see why not

you can pretty much add splenda to everything along with cocoa powder

i put it with my oats. ive even mixed it with my oats... then added tuna so i didnt taste the tuna

hahaha but thats not for faint of heart

also try some crystal light and spinach shakes
    my boy makes em and loves em

frozen spinach, water, crystal light. blend and drink.... great way to get your fiber while cutting

he even adds tuna to it also. but not for faint of heart

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sugar free popcicles usually do it for me.

Also they make these frozen fruit cups that have no sugar added so it's basically like fruit and fruit juice blended together. You put them in the freezer and they're kinda like one of those Italian ice slushy things. They'll kill a sweet tooth in a hearthbeat.

fit4ever is offline Associate Member
    2 scoops of chocholate whey protein, 1 serving of all natural peanut butter, a few ice cubs, water and a shaker.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    go to bed an hour earlier, some people psychologically get craving starting at a certain time, these cravings can get programs and become a huge detriment if you let them become a habit(trust me i know), an easy way to break them is to not let them occur

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    fruit

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    I knock myself out with ammonia, does the trick every time.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    I knock myself out with ammonia, does the trick every time.
    ghb for me, lol, jk

Dirty Lou is offline New Member
    Im going thru the same thing now that im starting to eat clean.
    Hate it!!!
    Have to try the cottage cheese with coco splenda and cinnamon sounds good.
    Thanks for the advise to all.
    Good luck trip machine.

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Water cuts cravings...no fat, no sugar.

BigBoyAdd is offline Junior Member
    Post workout is ok to get a little suger in, mines called katie...

Thread Information