Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

please critique my diet plan, Will this just make me a fat a**

I train 6 days a week twice a day.
    Im currently 23yrs 6'0 275lbs 19% bf = 223LBS OF LBM

i configured my numbers around my lbm
    going for 400g of protien & 400g carbs (1.8g per lb) & 5,000 cals

... i would like to keep a high carb diet (aprox 400grams) & slightly lower it on off traing days. Off days i'm eliminating all complex carbs and just eat veggies. Throughout the week i do HIIT training for football so im am plannig on doing complex carbs when i wake up & 45 min before training & after i train along side of some simple carbs and the rest through veggies.. i plan on doing 7 to 8 meals a day..

also i was watching a nutrition video and he said that veggies mostly contribute to burning fat and does get used as carb or cant be stored.. it was something about the thermol effects of feeding.. is my knowledge about this correct, becase i shall be incorperating veggies in all off my meals if its true. can someone elaborate on this please
    If this is an okay plan im going to go ahead and configure a eating regimend...
    And thank again for all of the knowledge

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    do some math for me...

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

btw.. i think your overtraining.. unless your only doing cardio in the am or the pm and working out in the other session

yea i saw that one, i also came across these:

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years) =4,820

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg) = 4,950 rounded to 5,000

narkosis stated that is pointless to factor in your fat weight because it isnt active so why feed it.. makes since to me..
    please explain your thoughts on this..

also apologize for not being specific. here's my training
    cardio am lifting in the pm... cardio sometime are HIIt

Quote Originally Posted by intensityfreak View Post
    yea i saw that one, i also came across these:

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years) =4,820

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg) = 4,950 rounded to 5,000
    narkosis stated that is pointless to factor in your fat weight because it isnt active so why feed it.. makes since to me..
    please explain your thoughts on this..
    this is a much better formula, i just cant use it with people cuz they have no idea what their bf is...

diet split looks okay as planned, but we could do furthur tweaking if you post up a detailed diet with macros

okay i will get on that asap and will post, please stay close by cause i've seen you in tons of diet information and value your opinion.

im starting diet tomorrow so ive just been researching for the last two days. found some real good information and realize i igronant i was about the subject

okay i will get on that asap and will post, please stay close by cause i've seen you in tons of diet information and value your opinion.
    im in here every day bud... so dont worry, ill be on top of it...

okay im organizing my diet now and im a little confused about my carb.. should i do slow or fast absorbant carbs befrore i work out...

slow

Meals carbs/protein/fat
    1) 1 cup of oatmeal w/ milk -2 slices of wheat bread w/jam- 3 whole eggs- 1 scoop protein shake. 96/49/13

2) Shake 2 scoops 2/50/0

Pre workout meal
    3) 1 Cup of brown rice- 8 oz chicken breast- 2cups mixed veggies 44/49/1

Post work out
    4) Shake 2 scoops 2/50/0

Post work out meal
    5) 2 baked potatoes – 4 oz turkey breast - 2 cups of veggies- 6 egg whites 72/46/.5

6) 1 cup cottage cheese- 7 egg whites -2 cups of veggies 30/49/10

7) 2 cans of tuna fish 0/42/0

8) 8 egg white 1 scoop of shake 0/49/0

= 246 carbs (60 from veggies) + 384g protein + 24.5g fat

i think i definitly need a bit of help, this was tougher than i though it would be

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Jamy may have better macro values but the calculator I use lists an 8 oz. chicken breast w/ no skin as having 64g protein/0carbs/7.2gfat. (This is in reference to your preworkout meal).
    ...and I know what you mean about establishing a diet. The math is a piece of cake....the layout....maddening. Probably why I spend so much time in the lab.

Good luck,
    AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Meals carbs/protein/fat
    1) 1 cup of oatmeal w/ milk -2 slices of wheat bread w/jam- 3 whole eggs- 1 scoop protein shake. 96/49/13what kinda milk and oatmeal?? why the protien shake?? eat real food.. do 2 eggs and 8 egg whites

2) Shake 2 scoops 2/50/0
    eat real food, replace with lean meat and efa

Pre workout meal
    3) 1 Cup of brown rice- 8 oz chicken breast- 2cups mixed veggies 44/49/1
    decent
    Post work out
    4) Shake 2 scoops 2/50/0
    add a banana
    Post work out meal
    5) 2 baked potatoes – 4 oz turkey breast - 2 cups of veggies- 6 egg whites 72/46/.5 omit eggs, make turkey breast 8oz

6) 1 cup cottage cheese- 7 egg whites -2 cups of veggies 30/49/10
    u just love eggs dont u??? i guess it's okay, i'd rather do something a bit more solid myself.. chicken??
    7) 2 cans of tuna fish 0/42/0
    add an efa
    8) 8 egg white 1 scoop of shake 0/49/0

last meal of the day should be a lean meat like london broil.. again, shakes should be post workout only
    = 246 carbs (60 from veggies) + 384g protein + 24.5g fat
    i think i definitly need a bit of help, this was tougher than i though it would be
    i have you at 2740kcal daily, if your tdce is 4800kcal, your eating about 1800kcal less then you need....

what exactly is jamy may, could you direct me to a nutrition calculator.. i took them straigh off the back of the packages. not sure witch ones are more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    i have you at 2740kcal daily, if your tdce is 4800kcal, your eating about 1800kcal less then you need....
    Yes so do i..lol it seems i need to add in more slow obsorbant carbs.. will 4800 promote fat loss or should i go a little lower..

what exactly is jamy may, could you direct me to a nutrition calculator.. i took them straigh off the back of the packages. not sure witch ones are more accurate
    I was referring to jamyjamjr, but google the word "fitday". However if the macros are listed on the package I would use them. They should know their product.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

jamyjam as i am making ajustments to my diet wondering would you consider lana pasterized egg whites as a protien shake cause its natural foods. very convenient for when im at work...

jamyjam as i am making ajustments to my diet wondering would you consider lana pasterized egg whites as a protien shake cause its natural foods. very convenient for when im at work...
    umm, the egg whites work.. try to remember though that they'll run through your system very qucikly so maybe supplimenting it with some fiber would help.... personal, i like to stick to real solid food throughout the dey.. i do the pasturized egg whites in the morning and do a shake after my workout

Meals carbs/protein/fat
    1) 1 cup of oatmeal w/ milk -2 slices of wheat bread w/jam- 2 whole eggs 8 whites scrambled. 96/55/13

2) 1cup brown rice2 cups veggies- 2 cans of tuna- fish oil pill 65 /42/2

Pre workout meal
    3) 1 Cup of brown rice- 8 oz chicken breast- 2cups mixed veggies 65/49/1

Post work out
    4) Shake 2 scoops - Bananna 2/50/0

Post work out meal
    5) 2 baked potatoes – 8 oz turkey breast -1cup of white rice- 2 cups of veggies 116/68/3

6) 1 cup cottage cheese- 8 egg whites -1cup of brown rice -2 cups of veggies 44/56/10

7) 2 cans of tuna fish- 1 cup brown rice - fish oil pill 44/42/2

8) 8oz ground beef- I cup of brown rice- 1 cup veggies 44/60/7

= 476/ 422/38= 3950
    2nd revision still in need of more calories but and. im going to see where i can implament another meal somewhere

u can up your fats to about 70 grams.. add efas

man i measurments are all wrong, im going to redo this.. i was thinking about taking out alot of those brown rice servings cause thats a lot of complex/slow absorbant carbs.... im thinking of uping my veggies carbs in thier place. would this be a good idea. i fear ill get fat eating some brown rice ass my carbs every meal

man i measurments are all wrong, im going to redo this.. i was thinking about taking out alot of those brown rice servings cause thats a lot of complex/slow absorbant carbs.... im thinking of uping my veggies carbs in thier place. would this be a good idea. i fear ill get fat eating some brown rice ass my carbs every meal
    dont be afraid of carbs.... more importantly, pay attention to your body..

since your diet is soo short of what you need to be eating, i recommend you only push your kcal up 300kcal a day, or u will gain weight... this change should be progressive and it should take about a week...

if the foods your using have nutrition facts on them, base your macros offa that.. if they dont, do what the vet said and google fitday.. that's a good food calc...

just take your time with everything..

btw.. that jam your using in the morning, is it sugar free??? seems to be a simple carb.. omit

no the jam i use in the morning is a simple carb and i also use 2% milk and add a tad bit of sugar in oats.... yea i know man.....
    not sure if you know my goals... im trying to lose bodyfat.. alot of bodyfat to be in better shape for football

no the jam i use in the morning is a simple carb and i also use 2% milk and add a tad bit of sugar in oats.... yea i know man.....
    not sure if you know my goals... im trying to lose bodyfat.. alot of bodyfat to be in better shape for football
    then u need to cut that bs fat and carb out..

get rid of the jam, do skim milk (id much rather do water instead)

incorporate efas into your diet.. almonds, avocado (my fav), olive oil, fish oil, flax seed oil.. this is an easy way to get your kcal up and your body needs those fats to lose fat.. i know, paradox huh???

incorporate efas into your diet.. almonds, avocado (my fav), olive oil, fish oil, flax seed oil.. this is an easy way to get your kcal up and your body needs those fats to lose fat.. i know, paradox huh???
    Not trying hog into Intensity's thread, but he seems to have some of the same questions I do. In addition to supplemental fish oil and using 4 TBSP of olive oil as a dressing on a raw lettuce salad, how do you incorporate olive oil, and flax into your diet, jamyjamjr? Got any handy dandy suggestions?

AG

you can cook with olive oil... yea, kids, stir frys okay... i do it all the time...

get creative.. buy *****-3 pills and take them.... everyone has their way of doing it... you dont have to incorporate all of the efas... i personaly eat 1 whole avocado a day in 2 servings.. a usual person, following the philosophy of seperating pro/fat, pro/carb meals, has at least 2 good sitting where he can take down fats without carbs.. this is where u add those fats.. how u do it is up to you.. get creative.. i cant get over the taiste of avocados.. i love that shit.. not everyones gonna be like me though

Sounds like I'm on track then. (Especially with the stir-fry).

Thanks,
    AG

dont know if you have the time but it would extremely helpful if you could post your diet to give me a good dea of how you seperate your fats & carb....

oh and i appreciate all the help and attention your putting forth with my diet.. ill know who to give the credit toooo.. thanks again

oh and i appreciate all the help and attention your putting forth with my diet.. ill know who to give the credit toooo.. thanks again
    np...

it's not that hard to seperate pro/fat pro/carb meals

for example.. this is a simple one too, but you'll get the idea..

m1- 3/4cup oats 10 egg whites.. pro/carb

m2- 8oz chicken breast and yams.. pro/carbs pre-workout

m3- (after postworkout shake) beef/chicken bowl with white rice (simple carb) pro/carb

m4- 8oz turkey breast, brown rice pro/carb

m5. 8 oz chicken breast, half avocado pro/fat

m6 8oz london broil seasoned in olive oil and spices with 1/2 avocado pro/fat

do you see how i keep my carbs earlier on in the day and closer to my pre/post workouts???

okay thanks i appreciate it... i just finished m workout to day and had amazing energy and sweated like a dog.. that was the betr trainning day ive had in a while.. has to be the nutrion.. also im going to try and cut my meals into 6 a day instead of 8.. 8 is a little much and today i didnt meat that goal i only got to 6 today.. if im going to stick with 8 im going to have to impliment those pasterized eggs as too of them and add some carbs..
    some people say they good and have 95 to 100% bio avaliability...

good luck.....

good luck.....
    dang man, why you say it like that... i just cant be on the floor eating meat and stuff at work...lol
    your not a fan off the egg whites are you.. im fina propose another diet plan here in a min for you to look at ...
    you might not like the egg whites but i love em..lol

dang man, why you say it like that... i just cant be on the floor eating meat and stuff at work...lol
    your not a fan off the egg whites are you.. im fina propose another diet plan here in a min for you to look at ...
    you might not like the egg whites but i love em..lol
    na, lol.. there's no sarcasim in that bro.. i ment good luck whole heartedly.... 6 meals a day is fine.. that's what i do man.. lolol

i dont hate the egg whites, it's just a matter of when you eat them..

okay one last queston before i post my finalized diet... using the katch-m i need 4422 to maintain.. so should i maybe just go for 4000 to induce fat loss.. i mean how would i loss BF% if i was doing maitenance cals... pleas give some insight in this.. is my knowlegde incorrect about this.. sorry if im a hassel

okay one last queston before i post my finalized diet... using the katch-m i need 4422 to maintain.. so should i maybe just go for 4000 to induce fat loss.. i mean how would i loss BF% if i was doing maitenance cals... pleas give some insight in this.. is my knowlegde incorrect about this.. sorry if im a hassel
    when u do maint. kcal and do CARDIO 5-6 days a week, especially empty stomach am cardio at about 110-130 bpm, u have a much greater chance of holding on to the muscle u currently have...

as i hold on to the muscle will i loss bf, if so when and how... sorry i just need to understand how the body is gonna take the fat instead of the carbs ive been eating all day..

well, if your eating main kcal and doing cardio and let's say killing 500-600kcal a day, about 300-400 of those kcals will come from fat deposites.. especialy if you do empty stomach cardio in the am...

in retrospect, if you go into a cutter, your gonna lose muscle, which would work against your metabolism..

try to remember that for every 1lb of muscle you have on you, 70kcal a day is spent just maintaining that muscle..

if you were to lose 5lbs of muscle while cutting, that means you've slowed down your metabolism by 350kcal a day... get it??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information