Cheylayna1978 is offline Female Member

Thumbs up Helpful/informative sticky for "newbie" nutritional direction!

What do you guys think (guys meaning eatrainrest and another here who gives advice much like eat does but I cannot remember his screen-name or the life of me) about making a STICKY post with the information regarding the video threads and other referral information. (for example, the exact response to the "NEED HELP" thread by the user "BATMAN", courtesy of eatrainrest)?

Being that all of the "newbies" looking for help who come here need direction and assistance, and the response given (which is a good starting point for those in need of direction/help) is always the same exact response word for word, I truly believe that a sticky that reads something along the lines of, "All looking for nutritional/diet help, read contents within FIRST!", would greatly diminish the plethora of repetitive inquiries and of course what is to follow with that being the same repetitive response/direction. I mean, it must get highly boring/repetitious to type the same stuff over and over and over again, even if you have it on your clipboard and simply use the "copy/paste" feature.

I didn't want to highjack any thread that had the "standard newbie response" in it, so I made my own thread so as to not interrupt the thread at hand. I just wanted to throw this idea out there as it only makes sense to have a good/solid place for people in need of help to start, and a sticky with all of the information they need would be of great assistance. Even if people did not read it first before posting a thread asking for help, instead of typing out the same stuff over and over, we can simply state to "read the sticky titled blah blah", or simply paste the thread URL in the response. Very simplistic!

Have a good weekend all you chicos. (don't see any chicas here, only lil' ol' 'Layna)

'Layna

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Problem is no one reads the sticky's, especially new posters.

There is already a sticky going over those things.

Checklist Sticky

Cheylayna1978 is offline Female Member
    Bummer!

'Layna

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Problem is no one reads the sticky's, especially new posters.

There is already a sticky going over those things.

Checklist Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylayna1978 View Post
    What do you guys think (guys meaning eatrainrest and another here who gives advice much like eat does but I cannot remember his screen-name or the life of me) about making a STICKY post with the information regarding the video threads and other referral information. (for example, the exact response to the "NEED HELP" thread by the user "BATMAN", courtesy of eatrainrest)?

Being that all of the "newbies" looking for help who come here need direction and assistance, and the response given (which is a good starting point for those in need of direction/help) is always the same exact response word for word, I truly believe that a sticky that reads something along the lines of, "All looking for nutritional/diet help, read contents within FIRST!", would greatly diminish the plethora of repetitive inquiries and of course what is to follow with that being the same repetitive response/direction. I mean, it must get highly boring/repetitious to type the same stuff over and over and over again, even if you have it on your clipboard and simply use the "copy/paste" feature.

I didn't want to highjack any thread that had the "standard newbie response" in it, so I made my own thread so as to not interrupt the thread at hand. I just wanted to throw this idea out there as it only makes sense to have a good/solid place for people in need of help to start, and a sticky with all of the information they need would be of great assistance. Even if people did not read it first before posting a thread asking for help, instead of typing out the same stuff over and over, we can simply state to "read the sticky titled blah blah", or simply paste the thread URL in the response. Very simplistic!

Have a good weekend all you chicos. (don't see any chicas here, only lil' ol' 'Layna)

'Layna
    lol of course it gets tiresome... but to be honest.. and CBINO stole my response.. nobody *including I, have not read the stickies.. the thing is people that sign up arent given an orientation so to speak... it would be great though in a perfect world! we just have to keep up hard work

Thread Information