dodgeboy is offline Junior Member

is it possible ?

dont know if this is in the correct forum but, is it possible to gain size(lean muscle tissue), strenght, and stay lean ?
    what i've heard is when you try to get real cut or lean you tend to lose some size and strenght.
    is there a happy medium ? is this false?
    does it your diet come into play ?
    what i'm getting at is, once my shoulder heals, i'll be on test cyp, var, arimidex , and winnie. my goals are to gain size, keep off body fat, gain strenght.
    the reason i posted it here is cause i would think diet will play a big role. if i'm posting in the wrong place let me know.

thanks

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    If it were that easy, we'd all be doing it. It is possible to gain muscle while staying at the same bodyfat %, but when you cut you are going to lose muscle. A lean bulk is trying to put on as much muscle you can without gaining too much bodyfat. And yes, diet has everything to do with it.

What are your stats and cycle history?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
    dont know if this is in the correct forum but, is it possible to gain size(lean muscle tissue), strenght, and stay lean ?
    what i've heard is when you try to get real cut or lean you tend to lose some size and strenght.
    is there a happy medium ? is this false?
    does it your diet come into play ?
    what i'm getting at is, once my shoulder heals, i'll be on test cyp, var, arimidex , and winnie. my goals are to gain size, keep off body fat, gain strenght.
    the reason i posted it here is cause i would think diet will play a big role. if i'm posting in the wrong place let me know.

thanks
    yes you can, especially aided with AS, though you won't gain as much mass as you would if you were bulking due to a difference in diet, but the overall answer to your question is

with a proper diet and training regimen, yes

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    ^^^^ what he said...

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    If it were that easy, we'd all be doing it. It is possible to gain muscle while staying at the same bodyfat %, but when you cut you are going to lose muscle. A lean bulk is trying to put on as much muscle you can without gaining too much bodyfat. And yes, diet has everything to do with it.

What are your stats and cycle history?
    i disagree 100 percent. ive been cutting for 3 weeks and decreased weight by about 3 lbs and got stronger in every category. WITH DIET AND TRAINING ANYTHING CAN BE DONE

Alphatier is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    i disagree 100 percent. ive been cutting for 3 weeks and decreased weight by about 3 lbs and got stronger in every category. WITH DIET AND TRAINING ANYTHING CAN BE DONE
    Agreed, in most of my lifts strength is still going up(squat,deads,and almost all my other lifts too), and I've been cutting for 4+ weeks!

u two on gear??

Let me clarify: I'm not saying that one can't gain muscle while cutting fat. What I was insinuating is that while on a calorie deficit, it is much harder to gain muscle than when in a surplus. During a time of a calorie deficit, the body breaks down fats in adipose tissue and proteins in muscle tissue to be used in synthesizing glucose. This process is called gluconeogenesis and is how you get your energy.

If one keeps the same diet he was maintaining weight at, and increases cardio, no doubt fat will be lost and strength gains can still be made.

This mainly happens with those new to lifting and dieting right. When you bulk, you gain muscle mass and fat. When you cut, you lose fat and muscle mass. Diet is there to minimize the amount of fat you gain while bulking, and the amount of muscle you lose when cutting. If you lose any more than 2lbs/week you will be losing significant muscle mass. Why else would you bulk then cut? Why wouldn't we all just lean bulk all the time?

Back to my last statement, diet has everything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    u two on gear??
    That is another topic completely and a good point. Use of AAS can dramatically change your body, even while dieting. I was not including AAS use in my answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Let me clarify: I'm not saying that one can't gain muscle while cutting fat. What I was insinuating is that while on a calorie deficit, it is much harder to gain muscle than when in a surplus. During a time of a calorie deficit, the body breaks down fats in adipose tissue and proteins in muscle tissue to be used in synthesizing glucose. This process is called gluconeogenesis and is how you get your energy.

If one keeps the same diet he was maintaining weight at, and increases cardio, no doubt fat will be lost and strength gains can still be made.

This mainly happens with those new to lifting and dieting right. When you bulk, you gain muscle mass and fat. When you cut, you lose fat and muscle mass. Diet is there to minimize the amount of fat you gain while bulking, and the amount of muscle you lose when cutting. If you lose any more than 2lbs/week you will be losing significant muscle mass. Why else would you bulk then cut? Why wouldn't we all just lean bulk all the time?

Back to my last statement, diet has everything to do with it.
    seriously i think that same exact line is in my training manuallol.. that is correct

u two on gear??
    haha jam you know you are a big help to my diet progress and alot is owed to you, phate, rugger, and those who helped. great progress thanks to you guys!

haha jam you know you are a big help to my diet progress and alot is owed to you, phate, rugger, and those who helped. great progress thanks to you guys!
    glad it's working for you man...

u two on gear??
    Nope, on protein lol. I think I'm just genetically gifted with strength...but then again I have a pretty broad hip structure(always looks like i have love handels)....so yeah it sucks

Yup, gotta give it up to Jam, def. one of the most helpful members of this board

Quote Originally Posted by lean n' mean View Post
    Yup, gotta give it up to Jam, def. one of the most helpful members of this board
    awwwww, u fcukers are making me blush...

lol.. glad to be of service.... im a sucker for complements..

Thread Information