beretta96 is offline New Member

looking for some diet advice...really lost

Hi guys, I've been reading here quite regular and have been thinking of a cycle in the fall some time. There would be no stacking, just a test cycle alone to get my feet wet.

I'm 35, 5'11 and 220 and about 20% bf. I train about 4 times a week is the best I can do with kids and such. My problem is my diet. I'm not really sure I'm eating all that proper. This is my usual meals...

morning protein shake with tribulus, tongkat ali and creatine with multi vitamin
    breakfast is grapefruit with orange and banana
    coffee break is green tea with almonds and apple
    lunch is usually a can of tuna or chicken/turkey with brown rice and veggies with V8 can
    supper is pretty well the same with whole wheat pasta instead of rice.

On my training days I take zma with isopeptides with another protein shake after the workout.

what do you guys suggest for other meal examples or alternatives before I get more serious about a cycle?

thanks in advance.

ademar1030 is offline New Member

up those cals

dude what is ur cal intake. u need bout 250grams protein, and total 5-7 thousnd cals a day. u can eat all u want just throw a little cardio in. i eat 7 meals a day mostley tuna, chicken, boiled eggs, steaks . eat eat eat . im 5'11 255 16% bf . without eating u wont gain the mass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails looking for some diet advice...really lost-mvc-023s.jpg  

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    ^ademar, you're a big dude, for sure,

but, sorry, there is no way your are 16%bf.

this thread may help you get a more accurate reading:

Step By Step, How to do a 9 Site Body Comp

ademar1030 is offline New Member
    ur right bro there i was 23%-26

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    here, watch these videos bud....
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?

then do some math for me...
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

when your done with all that, post up a new diet with macros, you can use fitday.com for that.. we'll tweak from there

thanks for the links, I haven't had a chance yet to watch the other videos but I did watch part 1. I really like the fitday program, extremely helpful.

My BMR is 3993.2 cals

fitday tells me that I consume
    2049 cals
    49.9 grams fat
    207 grams carbs
    133 grams of protein (not including protein shakes which I take 70 grams)
    11 grams alcohol...sorry guys I do like a glass of dry red wine with my supper!

I do like the fact I'm burning more calories than taking in so I can lose my fat gut...it's the part I hate the worst on me. My arms, legs, upper body doesn't carry much fat, just mid section. hoping to really change all this.

I've been working out 4 days a week for almost a year, but prior we owned a farm most of my life so there always was heavy work involved and am fairly strong but definitely not working out kind of strong. Mountain biking has always been a favorite past time so my legs are in great shape...but my diet until recently has sucked so I've changed it up in the last couple of months to what it is now.

whatever help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    watch those videos... then post up a new diet for tweaking

so here goes my diet lately,

protein shake in the morning with tribulus, tongkat ali, liquid multi vit. 6am
    grapefruit with two eggs 7am
    apple/banana with can of tuna 9am
    whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and meat source(venison) 1130am
    orange with green tea 3pm
    tuna burgers with brown rice or head of romaine lettuce 530pm
    some celery sticks with protein shake with tribulus 8pm

calories are at 2000
    fat at 27 grams
    carbs at 200 grams
    protein 207 grams
    alcohol 0 grams

My BMR is 3993.2 cals

During the weekend, I change it up and make protein pancakes for breakfast with whole wheat cheerios.

I'm thinking my calories are too low but I don't know what to eat to increase them without porking out. I'm fat enough as it is.

Also, in the videos, he doesn't make much mention of fruits and their sugars. Do you guys eat a lot of fruits?

I want to lose 10% bf without starvation mode, but paranoid of what to eat so I don't swell either.

Can some of you guys post your typical meals in a week?
    and feel free to tear up my diet plan...please and thanks,

as far as workout regime goes,

mondays shoulders/back with 20 min cardio
    wednesdays chest with 20 min cardio
    fridays arms with 20 min cardio
    sundays legs with 20 min cardio

thanks again,

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    check out these links if you havent alredy
    ALL LINKS, ID WATCH THEM IN ORDER MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE VIDS IN THE 1ST!
    So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS
    To those who dont know CARDIO AND HR
    Exercise 101 INTRO TO EXERCISE
    Free Training Advice-national certified trainer FREE TRAINING ADVICE
    Slingshot Keto vs Slingshot Carb Cycling RONNIES CARB CYLCLING/KETO
    cardio on empty stomach AM CARDIO
    Some physiology that you should know PHYSIOLOGY

Quote Originally Posted by beretta96 View Post
    so here goes my diet lately,

protein shake in the morning with tribulus, tongkat ali, liquid multi vit. 6am
    grapefruit with two eggs 7am
    apple/banana with can of tuna 9am
    whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and meat source(venison) 1130am
    orange with green tea 3pm
    tuna burgers with brown rice or head of romaine lettuce 530pm
    some celery sticks with protein shake with tribulus 8pm

calories are at 2000ok so once you calculate your BMR, you cannot just start eating that number, you will have to slowly increase to that number
    fat at 27 grams
    carbs at 200 grams
    protein 207 grams
    alcohol 0 grams

My BMR is 3993.2 calsshow math please
    co

During the weekend, I change it up and make protein pancakes for breakfast with whole wheat cheerios.

I'm thinking my calories are too low but I don't know what to eat to increase them without porking out. I'm fat enough as it is.

Also, in the videos, he doesn't make much mention of fruits and their sugars. Do you guys eat a lot of fruits?

I want to lose 10% bf without starvation mode, but paranoid of what to eat so I don't swell either.

Can some of you guys post your typical meals in a week?
    and feel free to tear up my diet plan...please and thanks,
    comments in bold

so if I used the old method, I re-calculated just now and got 3265 cals at 1.55. If I calculated using method number 2(which makes sense to me) I get 2298 cals.

I'll get my bf % checked again to get more accurate numbers, so assuming it stays the same then I am in my caloric range to shed a few pounds of fat with a 2K cal diet.

How many fruits do you guys eat daily? The few meal I've seen I don't see too many. I love fruit but is it detrimental with their sugars?

so if I used the old method, I re-calculated just now and got 3265 cals at 1.55. If I calculated using method number 2(which makes sense to me) I get 2298 cals.

I'll get my bf % checked again to get more accurate numbers, so assuming it stays the same then I am in my caloric range to shed a few pounds of fat with a 2K cal diet.

How many fruits do you guys eat daily? The few meal I've seen I don't see too many. I love fruit but is it detrimental with their sugars?
    yes for cuttign most will say no fruits at all.. insulin spike fast conversion to fat.. not needed during cutting diets

Assuming now that I keep working out the way I am and keep my diet as is would it be safe to assume I'd lose weight due to fat loss and not gain due to muscle gains?

I'd like to get to 10% bf but not sure what numbers I will see on a scale week to week or month to month.

I'm 221# as of last night. If I were to keep losing weight how can I tell now that it's fat and not muscle?

thanks,

Assuming now that I keep working out the way I am and keep my diet as is would it be safe to assume I'd lose weight due to fat loss and not gain due to muscle gains?

I'd like to get to 10% bf but not sure what numbers I will see on a scale week to week or month to month.

I'm 221# as of last night. If I were to keep losing weight how can I tell now that it's fat and not muscle?

thanks,
    by measuring body fat and listening to strength

how would this be for another diet? A friend of mine at work is really into bb and we talked for a couple of hours today about diet and "supplements".

here's his diet recommendations

6am 2 eggs with a cup of oatmeal with blueberries
    9am can of tuna with a grapefruit
    noon brown rice with chicken, turkey or fish
    3pm protein shake with banana
    6pm sweet potatoes with chicken, turkey or fish
    9pm protein shake with a few mini rice cakes

all the greens I want at my meals
    sunday is cheat day he suggests a steak and all ground beef be extra lean.

I'll stay on a diet like this and keep training until fall, then try my first cycle. He suggests test e 500 mgs/week for 12 weeks. Maybe 25 mgs/day of dbol for 2 weeks to kickstart but not necessary.

The computer at the gym told me my bf is 22% with 162lbs lean mass. The one stat I don't understand is my resistance of 350 ohms. What is the value in this number? What purpose does it serve?

thanks guys,

how would this be for another diet? A friend of mine at work is really into bb and we talked for a couple of hours today about diet and "supplements".

here's his diet recommendations

ill just critiuq foods becuz i dont have macros

6am 2 eggs with a cup of oatmeal with blueberriesthis is poor and lacking alot of protein.. with sugar
    9am can of tuna with a grapefruitwhen are you going to the gym? sugar for insulin spike aka faster fat conversion=no
    noon brown rice with chicken, turkey or fishthis is good liek 1.5 hours after pwo or post workout meal
    3pm protein shake with bananabad
    6pm sweet potatoes with chicken, turkey or fishgood
    9pm protein shake with a few mini rice cakesbad, maybe pwo but its still a sucky pwo

all the greens I want at my meals
    sunday is cheat day he suggests a steak and all ground beef be extra lean.

I'll stay on a diet like this and keep training until fall, then try my first cycle. He suggests test e 500 mgs/week for 12 weeks. Maybe 25 mgs/day of dbol for 2 weeks to kickstart but not necessary.

test e 500 was great adfvice.. poor diet IMO, i think alot of others will agree

The computer at the gym told me my bf is 22% with 162lbs lean mass. The one stat I don't understand is my resistance of 350 ohms. What is the value in this number? What purpose does it serve?

thanks guys,
    comments in bold

Thread Information