STnewbie is offline New Member

Diet Advice

First, I will give you the basics.

I am:
    Male
    5'7"
    204lbs
    31yrs

My current daily diet from Fitday calculates out as follows. The foods change a bit, but this general formula holds true per-day. (Ok, I just realized HTML coding doesn't work here.... so, bear with the ugly table)

Total Calories: 1611

Fat 33.5g 298cal
    Carbs 225.5g 905cal
    Protein 103.5g 405cal
    Alcohol - none

As you may notice, I am on bit of a losing weight trend, and it is working out just fine.

However, When do I change diets? What do I change too?

Being that I worked out for years, when my BMI tells me I should be under 159lbs to be healthy, this is Laughable.
    (measurements)
    Bicep 17.5
    Forearm 14
    Chest 44
    Waist 35 (yeah, I'm getting rid of this)
    Thighs 25
    Calfs 17

I finally have a stable job that isn't moving me around the country every other week and staying in hotels for months on end. I am trying to get back down to a decent weight before I start trying to gain it all back. I've already dropped 15-20lbs.

When do I change from trying to lose weight to trying to gain muscle? How should I change? What should I do differently?

I fully expect to get railed on the amount of Protein already, but I know that will need to increase to 200g/day + (I could probably manage that on these calories, I would just have to change a few things around).

In any case, ask me anything you like and any comments and or suggestions you all might have will be appreciated.

Thanks

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    body fat? BMR?

ALL LINKS, ID WATCH THEM IN ORDER MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE VIDS IN THE 1ST!
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=323516 ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=384395 BMR CALCULATIONS

ALSO COME BACK WITH ALL FOODS IN MEAL AND MACROS FOR MEALS

BMR is 3075cal

will have to do the other part when I get home from work.

I need to buy calipers to get my body fat %

If I am aiming for a % bodyfat, what should it be?

men should be under 18%

Cheylayna1978 is offline Female Member
    Your body-fat percentage as far as what is "correct" will be determined by you looking in the mirror and being happy with what you see. When that happens, you are at your "correct" body-fat as there is no "1" correct percentage.

'Layna

Ok, So, when I hit around 18%, I should change from a diet to lose weight to more of a building diet. Thanks. I was just looking for some general guidelines. As for meal macros for scrutiny and advice...

Meal 1: (5:30-6am)
    Turkey sandwich on wheat with slice tomatoe/onion/lettuce 1tbsp lite miracle whip
    Cals: Fat(g) Carb(g) Prot(g)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

Meal 2: (8:30-9am)
    Turkey sandwich on wheat with slice tomatoe/onion/lettuce 1tbsp lite miracle whip
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

Meal 3: (11:30-12pm)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

Meal 4: (1:30-2pm)
    Chicken or Beef Vegetable Soup
    240 3.0 38 18

Meal 5: (3:30-4pm)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

-On Work out Days, Add Post-Work Out Protein Shake here
    200 4.0 6.0 38

Meal 6: (6:30-7pm)
    Chicken Breast & Salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, and 3 tbsp light Italian dressing
    395 13.4 18.8 48.4

Meal 7: (8:30-9:30pm) - optional
    Air-popped Popcorn with Fake Butter Spray / salt
    257 3.0 51.8 8.6

So, At a Maximum, my totals are:
    1964 43 240.6 159
    Last edited by STnewbie; 05-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheylayna1978 View Post
    Your body-fat percentage as far as what is "correct" will be determined by you looking in the mirror and being happy with what you see. When that happens, you are at your "correct" body-fat as there is no "1" correct percentage.

'Layna
    no, use body fat measuring methods such as calipers with the same trainer, same time of day, as measuring methods.. dont just go by the mirror...it should go in order from body fat calc, strength, mirror last.. if your looking for a virtual sequence

Quote Originally Posted by STnewbie View Post
    Ok, So, when I hit around 18%, I should change from a diet to lose weight to more of a building diet. Thanks. I was just looking for some general guidelines. As for meal macros for scrutiny and advice...

Meal 1: (5:30-6am)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5
    too light of cals for breakfeast.. how much turkey, etc. need accurate macros for actually all foods. but, stick to oats-eggwhties

Meal 2: (8:30-9am)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

Meal 3: (11:30-12pm)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

your first 3 meals are exactly the same bro
    Meal 4: (1:30-2pm)
    Chicken or Beef Vegetable Soup
    240 3.0 38 18

Meal 5: (3:30-4pm)
    218 4.9 31.5 11.5

-On Work out Days, Add Post-Work Out Protein Shake here
    200 4.0 6.0 38

Meal 6: (6:30-7pm)
    Chicken Breast & Salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, and 3 tbsp light Italian dressing
    395 13.4 18.8 48.4

Meal 7: (8:30-9:30pm) - optional
    Air-popped Popcorn with Fake Butter Spray / salt
    257 3.0 51.8 8.6

So, At a Maximum, my totals are:
    1964 43 240.6 159
    is this your current diet or you new proposed one??? i hope its the current.. if it is were just looking for caloric intake so we can measure off of your BMR how many cals you have to add/subtract.. please tell me its your current and not new proposed =)

Haha, this is my current diet, not proposed. And yes, 4 of my meals are exactly the same because I make them before I leave for work and it was easier

So yeah, my BMR is 3074 and I am looking for any diet advice from what I have. If it's easy to pack and take with me into the office, the better tfor me in a practical sense. (especially if I can eat them at my desk without having to go prepare it).

I work 10 hour days mon-thu, 4 hours on Friday. I cheat on one meal every saturday or sunday to try and throw my system out of whack a little.

So, with my BMR of 3074, could you help me in creating a new diet? Oh yeah, as for the amounts of turkey, its 3 slices each... everytime... yeah, kind of boring

Oh, and also to add, if my Bathroom Scale is correct, then I am about 25% BF, but I'm not sure how much faith I can put into that as it says 33 if I don't use it right after a shower. (I'm pretty sure it uses your resistance, and dry is a heck of a lot more resistant)
    Last edited by STnewbie; 05-07-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Thread Information