jm21 is offline Associate Member

Having a cheat day!!(or meal)

What do you guy think about having one meal a week outside your diet as a temp releif from it?

i am going to america in 8 weeks time and want lowest bf% possible im sitting at around 12-13 just now

just wondering if with the amount of training i am doing can i afford to take a day where i eat what i want for dinner?

Currently on
    8 am- Breakfast 50g oats, whey protein 40g
    10 am- pre workout 2 scoops battery phd high energy drink aroung 28g carbs and 40g protein
    12 pm- post workout chicken coming to 40g protein and 200g mix veg
    2 pm- again chicken and 100-150g veg
    5pm- 40g whey blended in with 2 banannas and 40-50g oats in skimmed milk
    8pm- again chicken and veg
    10pm -40g whey protein

im trying to loose body fat and cut in

i am a freelance fitness instructor so need to do the spinn, all weights at 12-14 reps.

training mon. 10.30 spinn class,chest and tri, 6pm spinn class
    tues. shoulders and abbs
    wed. 10.30 spinn, back bicepts, 6pm spinn
    thurs. rest day
    friday. 10.30 spinn, chest and tri, 6pm spinn class
    sat. shoulders, core and legs
    sun. rest/ active recovery eg light weights all over body workout

the weights move forward each week so one workout only gets done once ie this week it is back then the next week it will be done twice then shoulders will be rested and only trainned once that week.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    What do you guy think about having one meal a week outside your diet as a temp releif from it?

i am going to america in 8 weeks time and want lowest bf% possible im sitting at around 12-13 just now

just wondering if with the amount of training i am doing can i afford to take a day where i eat what i want for dinner?

Currently on
    8 am- Breakfast 50g oats, whey protein 40gfirst off, we need BMR and macros for all meals, plus eat 8-10 egg whtie and 1 cup oats.. not quick either
    10 am- pre workout 2 scoops battery phd high energy drink aroung 28g carbs and 40g proteinyou need complex carbs here not simple... and real protein liek GC... not shakesssssss
    12 pm- post workout chicken coming to 40g protein and 200g mix veg
    you need a complex here liek brown rice and this should be your 1.5 horus after your first pwo.. which is immediately after workout, and that should be 40-60g semi simple carb with 50g protein
    2 pm- again chicken and 100-150g vegswitch protein sources
    5pm- 40g whey blended in with 2 banannas and 40-50g oats in skimmed milk
    no way, insuldin spiek and ton of sugar and carbs too late!
    8pm- again chicken and veg no variety at all
    10pm -40g whey proteinno

im trying to loose body fat and cut in

i am a freelance fitness instructor so need to do the spinn, all weights at 12-14 reps.will not see drastic strength by any means in this rep range

training mon. 10.30 spinn class,chest and tri, 6pm spinn class
    tues. shoulders and abbs
    wed. 10.30 spinn, back bicepts, 6pm spinn
    thurs. rest day
    friday. 10.30 spinn, chest and tri, 6pm spinn class
    sat. shoulders, core and legs
    sun. rest/ active recovery eg light weights all over body workout
    i think thats a very poor split, also on cutting your doing ton of anaerobic cardio and you will lose a ton of muscle

the weights move forward each week so one workout only gets done once ie this week it is back then the next week it will be done twice then shoulders will be rested and only trainned once that week.

everything needs help! but dont be discouraged start here...

So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS

The simle carbs pre are to give fast injectiobn of energy for workout
    i am not aiming for strength but tone and cutting
    spinn isnt anaerobic cardio
    the split is fine maybe should split up chest and shoulders but i feel i still get a good workout on shoulders having done chest day before

i am looking to strip fat

the protein shake is a mix of low and high gi carbs to get me from then till bed and i do spinn so the spikes arent as bad as you think if they get used then not much happens in terms of blood glucose levels

8iron is offline Associate Member
    have a cheat meal ........great way to reward ones self for all the hard work you put in...... keeps ones sanity........one cheat meal a week wont kill you........I think that was the question....i agree with eattrain need to cut the shake down.......the only two i have is pwo and sometimes casein before bed if im low on cottage chesse.......not sure.. about the quick oats reference big thread the other day that had a medical study that showed there are some quick oats out there that are very close to raw, natural.......I'll se if i can find that thread

think i should only mix say 1 bananna and 30g oats?

just watching the dvds just now

hte reason for the protein shakes is im very busy with uni and work

The simle carbs pre are to give fast injectiobn of energy for workoutno simple carbs preworkout if your looking to cut
    i am not aiming for strength but tone and cuttingyou tone and cut with diet and cardio and you do resistance training to maintain as much muscle as possible.. not the other way around
    spinn isnt anaerobic cardiooh really? what is your HR% at?
    the split is fine maybe should split up chest and shoulders but i feel i still get a good workout on shoulders having done chest day before
    im not a fan of that split but we all have our preferencesss

i am looking to strip fat

the protein shake is a mix of low and high gi carbs to get me from then till bed and i do spinn so the spikes arent as bad as you think if they get used then not much happens in terms of blood glucose levels
    bold

8iron is offline Associate Member
    I agree bro..........sometimes you gotta do it........sometimes I have no choice but to down a smoothie or shake because work has taken me away from my food sources.......ive always believed that something in my stomach for fuel is better than nothing...............like they say it not always a perfect world and schedules change.......

i keep my heart rate below 65% max never above

I am watching the dvds just now seem good
    i am in agreement about reps and weight as i was undecided wether or not to do this so i will revert back to sets of 8 and up the weight

i keep my heart rate below 65% max never above

I am watching the dvds just now seem good
    i am in agreement about reps and weight as i was undecided wether or not to do this so i will revert back to sets of 8 and up the weight
    ok, id even work in the 6 rep range on some compound exercises

i usually start every workout that way, bench, inc bench- pull down, rows/deads, shoulder press- squat then do some cable work and things like that after the main exercises are done
    Another tip i need i love peanut butter hooked on it so when you thing is the best time to take it to utilise it and not effect cutting too much?

i usually start every workout that way, bench, inc bench- pull down, rows/deads, shoulder press- squat then do some cable work and things like that after the main exercises are done
    Another tip i need i love peanut butter hooked on it so when you thing is the best time to take it to utilise it and not effect cutting too much?
    depending on the PB it should be taken with the meals following post workout with no startchy carbs

Is this any better?

8 am- Breakfast 30g oats, whey protein 40g
    10 am- 30g oats and 40g protein
    12 pm- post workout chicken coming to 40g protein and 200g mix veg2, scoops battery phd high energy drink aroung 28g carbs
    5pm- 40g whey blended 40-50g oats in skimmed milk(only on spinn days) for energy
    8pm- again chicken and veg, couple of bits of fruit
    10pm -40g whey protein? maybe take away replace with casien?

12 pm- post workout chicken coming to 40g protein and 200g mix veg2, scoops battery phd high energy drink aroung 28g carbs
    5pm- 40g whey blended 40-50g oats in skimmed milk(only on spinn days) for energy
    8pm- again chicken and veg, couple of bits of fruit(only on spinn days)

Meant to say chicken/ fish to mix it up have no time to prepare red meats

8pm- again chicken and veg, couple of bits of fruit(only on spinn days)

Meant to say chicken/ fish to mix it up have no time to prepare red meats
    whats your BMR again? macros for each food/meal/dayily caloric intake? cant make a good cirituq without these factors all in the same post

no worries ill work it our and post after work bu i can say calories are low carbs are low protein is high fat low aswell but ill give better detail when i get in mate cheers

Thread Information