jab1234 is offline Junior Member

Dropping weight like a rock...

I've posted here in the past couple weeks concerning my diet, here's a summary:

29 yrs old
    174 lbs
    5'10"
    ~12% BF
    *THIRD WEEK OF PCT* Clomid/Nolva
    40/40/20 split
    BMR = 2850
    Bulk = +500
    Workout first thing in the morning 6:30 am
    Pre-Workout: Protein powder, Honey
    PWO Shake: Protein powder, Dextrose/Maltodextrin
    PPWO: Oats, banana, milk (FF+LF),
    Lunch: Lean Protein, Carb, Veggies
    Midday: Lean Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS
    Dinner: Fatty Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS
    Bed: Protein Powder, EFA

It's been two weeks and I have gone from a consistent 183 lb to now ~174 lbs. I weigh myself the same way every morning upon waking. Unclothed and after my morning piss (I found that the difference before and after a piss can be up to 1.5 - 2 lbs)

I've added 20 minutes of low intensity cardio to the end of my workouts three times a week (I began this 2 weeks ago as well). Which I estimate burns 200 calories. But if I'm adding 500 calories on top of my BMR this should be accounted for and then some.

Why in the world am I dropping weight like this. I cringe now every time I go to step on the scale to see if I've dropped another pound. I have been meticulous about keeping records of everything I eat. I even developed a spreadsheet that tracks everything for me and lets me know how much I have deviated from my goal based on my macros on a daily basis. It's a great tool for me to see where I'm lacking and allows me to plan meals ahead of time.

I guess the answer could be as simple as eat more, but could you offer any insight as to this dramatic weight loss? I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, and I feel as though perhaps some of the weight loss is water loss as I'm observing a leaner midsection as well as face. But 9 lbs in two weeks? Can I expect this dramatic of a loss while on pct? I thought the whole point of that was to keep your gains.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by jab1234 View Post
    I've posted here in the past couple weeks concerning my diet, here's a summary:

29 yrs old
    174 lbs
    5'10"
    ~12% BF
    *THIRD WEEK OF PCT* Clomid/Nolva
    40/40/20 split
    BMR = 2850
    Bulk = +500
    Workout first thing in the morning 6:30 am
    Pre-Workout: Protein powder, Honey
    PWO Shake: Protein powder, Dextrose/Maltodextrin
    PPWO: Oats, banana, milk (FF+LF),
    Lunch: Lean Protein, Carb, Veggies
    Midday: Lean Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS
    Dinner: Fatty Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS
    Bed: Protein Powder, EFA

It's been two weeks and I have gone from a consistent 183 lb to now ~174 lbs. I weigh myself the same way every morning upon waking. Unclothed and after my morning piss (I found that the difference before and after a piss can be up to 1.5 - 2 lbs)

I've added 20 minutes of low intensity cardio to the end of my workouts three times a week (I began this 2 weeks ago as well). Which I estimate burns 200 calories. But if I'm adding 500 calories on top of my BMR this should be accounted for and then some. so yea add another 200 to account for cardio

Why in the world am I dropping weight like this. I cringe now every time I go to step on the scale to see if I've dropped another pound. I have been meticulous about keeping records of everything I eat. I even developed a spreadsheet that tracks everything for me and lets me know how much I have deviated from my goal based on my macros on a daily basis. It's a great tool for me to see where I'm lacking and allows me to plan meals ahead of time.
    well its great that you knwo your BMR, but what is your metabolism? ectomorph im assumign? also, your diet does not include the macros or any detail other than food type for that matter. post up exactly what you eat and what proportions with the macros of each food/meal and daily caloric intake
    I guess the answer could be as simple as eat more, but could you offer any insight as to this dramatic weight loss? I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, and I feel as though perhaps some of the weight loss is water loss as I'm observing a leaner midsection as well as face. But 9 lbs in two weeks? Can I expect this dramatic of a loss while on pct? I thought the whole point of that was to keep your gains.
    that is way too much weight for you to be losing.

i cant see how your diet is over 3100k cal a day with what you posted.. you will ahve to repost with all macros as listed above

jab1234 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    that is way too much weight for you to be losing.

i cant see how your diet is over 3100k cal a day with what you posted.. you will ahve to repost with all macros as listed above
    See my macros for each meal below in red (P/C/F)

Pre-Workout: Protein powder, Honey (24/37/1)
    PWO Shake: Protein powder, Dextrose/Maltodextrin (48/106/2)
    PPWO: Oats, banana, milk (FF+LF),(50/72/5)
    Lunch: Lean Protein, Carb, Veggies (63/107/6)
    Midday: Lean Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS (45/2/5)
    Dinner: Fatty Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS (72/7/26)
    Bed: Protein Powder, EFA (36/5/30)

Total: 338/336/75...by my calculations thats 3371 calories

This is an example of a particular day this week, but I always keep my macros close to the above level on training days.

Also to note, I remove the Pre-workout and PWO shakes on off days, but still add in the additional 500 calories to my resting BMR to bulk
    I'd say I'm more of a mesomorph than ectomorph. I can gain weight and have a solid frame, but this weight loss is perplexing me.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by jab1234 View Post
    See my macros for each meal below in red (P/C/F)

Pre-Workout: Protein powder, Honey (24/37/1)
    is this immediately pre workout or like your pre workout meal?
    PWO Shake: Protein powder, Dextrose/Maltodextrin k
    (48/106/2)
    PPWO: Oats, banana, milk (FF+LF),(50/72/5)
    ok
    Lunch: Lean Protein, Carb, Veggies (63/107/6)
    what is the carb source here? what is the veggie source? and what is lean protein.. important
    Midday: Lean Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS (45/2/5)
    same as above
    Dinner: Fatty Protein, Veggies, NO CARBS (72/7/26)
    samew as above... idno how you have exact macros for foods that are "Lean protein" and "carb"
    Bed: Protein Powder, EFA (36/5/30)

Total: 338/336/75...by my calculations thats 3371 calories

This is an example of a particular day this week, but I always keep my macros close to the above level on training days.

Also to note, I remove the Pre-workout and PWO shakes on off days, but still add in the additional 500 calories to my resting BMR to bulk
    I'd say I'm more of a mesomorph than ectomorph. I can gain weight and have a solid frame, but this weight loss is perplexing me.
    hmm i dont know how you could be losing this much weight. the only thing i can see is if you were coming off a diet that was alot more than your current 3371kcal diet and you shocked your body by lessening so many calories so quick.. unless your messing up the macros somehow?

Thread Information