beretta96 is offline New Member

my wife needs a little advice

Hi guys,

My wife has had 5 kids in 5 years, (3 are surrogates) and now she really wants to get her body back. She is now sitting at 5'4" 168lbs and 36%bf. She's going to the gym 2-3 times a week doing resistance and cardio in a gym class called body pump. She's eating pretty well the same things as me now with a 40/40/20 ratio. Her caloric intake is 2K. She's not losing weight and it's getting to her. What do you guys suggest?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    2-3 times a week cardio isnt gonna cut it. I would have her do morning cardio 5-7 days a week, 40 minutes at a time in addition to the body pump class.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    whats her BMR?? is this resistance training simiiar to circuit training? if so, keep her BPM around 125 for her workouts so she could use resiostance training to expe a shitload of calories and muscle glycogen. have her to cardio AM like fire said and post workout.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    whats her BMR?? is this resistance training simiiar to circuit training? if so, keep her BPM around 125 for her workouts so she could use resiostance training to expe a shitload of calories and muscle glycogen. have her to cardio AM like fire said and post workout.

yep that's the secret.... carb cycling can be too traumatic, and 2000 cals seems high without me doing the math..

know her bmr and she will know if how much she can eat each day..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

im liking the new pink look spy

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    2-3 times a week cardio isnt gonna cut it. I would have her do morning cardio 5-7 days a week, 40 minutes at a time in addition to the body pump class.
    i agree^^^ in addition to this i would have her doing circuit workouts, just make sure she doesn't overtrain

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i agree^^^ in addition to this i would have her doing circuit workouts, just make sure she doesn't overtrain
    yep - def have her do some weights/iron in there, and it is not!!! repeat not a over night thing... diet has to be followed, work out must be done and lots of rest... btw - give her a nice foot rub to tell her your proud of her

PM me if youd liek me to write her up a circuit routine

I can't figure out how to do a PM here. Not having a good morning I guess. To be honest I wasn't even aware what cct. training was, so I googled it, and the class she went to last night is a cct. training class. I calculated her BMR again and it's 1531 cals with a maintanance level of 2105 cals so at 2K a day I guess she is slightly eating too much.

I'll go over a new diet with her today and post to see what you think. Her LBM was 110 lbs and her goal is to be in the mid 130's to 140. She was getting really bummed out because the scale at the gym hasn't changed in a month.

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/groupex_started.aspx

here's the link to her class descriptions. She's now going to the body pump and body attack classes. she seems to like leg workouts so on occasion she'll come with me when I do legs.

thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by beretta96 View Post
    I can't figure out how to do a PM here. Not having a good morning I guess. To be honest I wasn't even aware what cct. training was, so I googled it, and the class she went to last night is a cct. training class. I calculated her BMR again and it's 1531 cals with a maintanance level of 2105 cals so at 2K a day I guess she is slightly eating too much.

I'll go over a new diet with her today and post to see what you think. Her LBM was 110 lbs and her goal is to be in the mid 130's to 140. She was getting really bummed out because the scale at the gym hasn't changed in a month.

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/groupex_started.aspx

here's the link to her class descriptions. She's now going to the body pump and body attack classes. she seems to like leg workouts so on occasion she'll come with me when I do legs.

thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated.
    you can't pm until you get 25 posts

body pump isn't the circuit training we are talking about, we mean using different exercises(probably machines in her case) in rapid succession to increase metabolism while building muscle mass, the weight used in bodypump isn't enough to go this as their rep ranges are more for lactic acid buildup than muscle hypertrophy

post her diet up when you get a chance and we'll look over it, and tell her to stop getting on the scale entirely, or maybe once every two weeks, she's not dieting down for a contest so the mirror is going to be where she wants improvements, not the scale,

if she wants that to drop give her a diuretic or put her on a ketogenic diet and she'll drop 10-15lbs in under a week, but it will all be water weight

feel free to ask as many questions as you need and if possible get her on here so we can talk directly to the source

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    you can't pm until you get 25 posts

body pump isn't the circuit training we are talking about, we mean using different exercises(probably machines in her case) in rapid succession to increase metabolism while building muscle mass, the weight used in bodypump isn't enough to go this as their rep ranges are more for lactic acid buildup than muscle hypertrophy

post her diet up when you get a chance and we'll look over it, and tell her to stop getting on the scale entirely, or maybe once every two weeks, she's not dieting down for a contest so the mirror is going to be where she wants improvements, not the scale,

if she wants that to drop give her a diuretic or put her on a ketogenic diet and she'll drop 10-15lbs in under a week, but it will all be water weight

feel free to ask as many questions as you need and if possible get her on here so we can talk directly to the source

once you get 25 posts PM me ill write up a routine, just have thsi information when you do it.

-weight training experience and how long
    -rep ranges
    -results
    -how long shes been on current routine
    -machines/exercises
    -warmup
    -cardio

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys,

My wife has had 5 kids in 5 years, (3 are surrogates) and now she really wants to get her body back. She is now sitting at 5'4" 168lbs and 36%bf. She's going to the gym 2-3 times a week doing resistance and cardio in a gym class called body pump. She's eating pretty well the same things as me now with a 40/40/20 ratio. Her caloric intake is 2K. She's not losing weight and it's getting to her. What do you guys suggest?
    Where do i sign up ?

a little off topic, but if you are serious, here's the company my wife dealt with.

http://www.fertilityconsultants.ca/

thanks for the help guys, I haven't had much time to work out or post her diet, we're working stupid long hours at work for the maintenance shutdown, then June 1st I'm laid off for awhile so I'm working all the OT I can for now....On the bright side there will be lots of working out time come then!

thanks for the help guys, I haven't had much time to work out or post her diet, we're working stupid long hours at work for the maintenance shutdown, then June 1st I'm laid off for awhile so I'm working all the OT I can for now....On the bright side there will be lots of working out time come then!
    it's all good bro, make sure your family is taken care of, we'll be here when you are ready

Thread Information