DangerDave is offline Associate Member

Pre workout meal

I am a fulltime student and take the gaps between classes to eat and if the gap is big enough I hit the gym during the day. In my cooler I always have my meals with me an Im sorted for my pre and post workout meals. Some days I am forced to eat my pre workout meal directly before my workout like literally in the parking lot before I step into the gym.

Now my question is, is this a bad thing? makes my workout uncomfortable but I really dont wanna train without having eaten anything. Some advice pls

(1*) is offline Member
    maybe drink some whey on the way to the gym. a problem with eating right before working out is depending on the work out it could serve no purpose.
    if your work out is hard the the food just sits there. the blood goes away from the digetive system and floods the muscles being worked, thus slowing the absorption of nutrients. some would even say it stops with the food totally. i dunno.
    i do think that a light shake of whey wouldn't hurt.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    ye it is a bad thing, your body is digesting that food hence exercise to the body, and you may feel tired, sluggish. not a good thing, wait 90 minutes

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I was wondering about the time on this too. I was waiting 90 min but not intentionally. I started waiting 45 min to an hour and did find myself exausted. Thanks for the info 1 and eat.

MikeyWayner52 is offline New Member

Red face

I agree with 1* whey protein is good before workouts high quality protein, Good before your daily workouts. I used to use whey until i started gaining alot of weight, So i slacked down on the protein supplements and started eating eggs and etc with alot of protein! Good luck with your goals bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I was wondering about the time on this too. I was waiting 90 min but not intentionally. I started waiting 45 min to an hour and did find myself exausted. Thanks for the info 1 and eat.
    np bro

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    tks for all the replies guys. So my whey shake before the workout then. So my body wont suffer not having had any form of carb and start drawing from bodily sources? just seems like 1 shake might not be enough to keep me for an hour workout? perhaps a simple carb with the shake? like a banana or 2?

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    Sipping on a whey/maltodextrin mix before,during and after could help maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    tks for all the replies guys. So my whey shake before the workout then. So my body wont suffer not having had any form of carb and start drawing from bodily sources? just seems like 1 shake might not be enough to keep me for an hour workout? perhaps a simple carb with the shake? like a banana or 2?
    pre workout complex carb/pro meal 1.5 hours prior.. nothing duringg... maybe 5-10g BCAA's DURING cardio (if your buggin about losing muscle), then immediate PWO nutrition after weights and cardio

bmit is offline Member
    I have a small meal about 30 minutes prior of about 30g carbs (from fruit, whole wheat pita, or sweet potato) and 30 grams protein (cottage cheese and whey). Works well energy-wise for me.

Thread Information