Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    fatboy08 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by US0352 View Post
    Wow, all I can say is WOW!! First of all I would lie to congratulate you Fatboy!! Normally I get bored reading 4 pages of posts, but this time I didn't. You are doing awesome. You are helping to motivate me as well. I am overweight too. I too am new here and trying to learn as much as possible. you have me wanting to create a new post too.

1 question I have for you though, you said you had a Dr appointment. What happen? My suggestion was get checked for hypothyroidism. I have it myself. Basically your metabolism slows way, way down. Makes it very easy to gain fat. I speak from experience.

Best of luck to you and keep up the hard work!! Oh, and as far as those a$$ wipes at the gym they didn't get enough if you ask me. You are a better man than I am, the Marine would have come out of me and it would have been game time!! There is NO excuse for their actions. They are little biatches for what they did. And good for you for sticking up for yourself and your nephew. My hat is off to you!!

Semper Fi brother!!

I thought I had posted the results of my Dr. appointment, so I apologize for not doing so.

I had some blood work done. My Dr was a little suprised as to how well my results came back. No thyroid problems. Sugar levels were good. Everything looked good. Cholesterol was a bit high, but he was not concerned about it since I started working out and eating better. It is all about diet with me.

I also had a stress test, heart cathe (go in through groin to look at heart), and echo cardiogram and a ultra sound. Once again the cardiologist was suprised. He said for how big I was, my heart was in good shape. Everything looked and sounded great. Will do this once a year.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    nice!!!! let's keep it that way!!

brutesinme is offline Member
    Wow dude, just read most of your thread and good on you for doing something about it. I could pass on the cliche regarding the journey of 10 000 miles, but seems to me you're on the right track. It will not be easy, but whenever you're lacking motivation come back here and there's always someone positive to give you a kick in the pants. Keep it up

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme View Post
    Wow dude, just read most of your thread and good on you for doing something about it. I could pass on the cliche regarding the journey of 10 000 miles, but seems to me you're on the right track. It will not be easy, but whenever you're lacking motivation come back here and there's always someone positive to give you a kick in the pants. Keep it up
    Very true.

musclehead1 is offline Member
    fatboy, go see another doctor just as a second opinion, but this time dont mention that you are working out or dieting or see if theres any research studies for ppl like yourself (overweight, but otherwise healthy)...few things i could suggest (which some might not agree) is to not eat any foods with gluten in it, which includes wheat, rye, spelt, kamut a couple other grains i can't remember. I would even scratch out oats. Also X out all milk products (get your calcium, magnesium and vitamin D3 from a quality supplement, 2:1 calcium/magnesium ratio). No products that contain sugar, but keep some dextrose chewables on hand because when you take sugar out of the mix your head might start hurting (sort of a withdrawal symptom), try to fight it as much as you can before popping the dextrose. I honestly believe a balanced meals will be a healthy way to decrease the excess weight your carrying. Also try a veggie/vegan protein rather than whey perhaps something like rice protein (no flavor) add a tab bit of stieva and cocoa for your flavor. Another suggestion is add a few table spoons of ground flaxseeds to everything (they expand and keep you full longer)

I know a lot of people will not agree with my advise. I could go more in depth of what im talking about fatboy if your interested. You'll reach your goal i know you will.

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1 View Post
    fatboy, go see another doctor just as a second opinion, but this time dont mention that you are working out or dieting or see if theres any research studies for ppl like yourself (overweight, but otherwise healthy)...few things i could suggest (which some might not agree) is to not eat any foods with gluten in it, which includes wheat, rye, spelt, kamut a couple other grains i can't remember. I would even scratch out oats. Also X out all milk products (get your calcium, magnesium and vitamin D3 from a quality supplement, 2:1 calcium/magnesium ratio). No products that contain sugar, but keep some dextrose chewables on hand because when you take sugar out of the mix your head might start hurting (sort of a withdrawal symptom), try to fight it as much as you can before popping the dextrose. I honestly believe a balanced meals will be a healthy way to decrease the excess weight your carrying. Also try a veggie/vegan protein rather than whey perhaps something like rice protein (no flavor) add a tab bit of stieva and cocoa for your flavor. Another suggestion is add a few table spoons of ground flaxseeds to everything (they expand and keep you full longer)

I know a lot of people will not agree with my advise. I could go more in depth of what im talking about fatboy if your interested. You'll reach your goal i know you will.

well, im interested.. whats your reasoning behind this philosophy???

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1 View Post

Please do so. I am interested as well.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    enlighten us

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    he is referancing cilliacks dease (not sure how to spell it), typically prone to type o blood. and fyi you can do oats if that is the issue

fatboy what is blood type

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    he is referancing cilliacks dease (not sure how to spell it), typically prone to type o blood. and fyi you can do oats if that is the issue

close amcon, but it is celiac desease. I do not have that as I was checked for that 2 years ago when I was having stomach problems. I guess I should get checked up again, but have not haad any issues. It turned out to be acid reflux. I am hispanic, so all the spicy, hot food was kicking my ass. I went on some meds and was feeling better in a couple days. I still have meds and will take them if it acts up. It has not acted up in over a year. Stress contributed to it as well. My docotor is having me go in 3 months because he wants to do another check up and see how things are going then. I will have him go over everything again.

I have been losing weight and feeling very good. I mean really good. I ttruly think it is was my poor diet and lifestyle that led me to become this big. I am a big boy naturaly, but eating bad, not eating often, eating huge portions all contributed.

I played every sport growing up. I was very active up till about 7th grade. When I found out my mother was being abused I never left the house because I was scared and wanted to protect her. I sat at home all the time and ate crap food. This is when I started getting big. My nephew was then born and his mother left so everyday after school i came home and took care of him so his dad could go to work. My life changed very quick. I went from being very active and playing sports all year round to coming home, changing diapers, playing video games and eating junk food. I had to grow up very fast and learn how to become a man at a young age.

I'm not mad at my family for this. I have a great, close relationship with my nephew. He is my best friend. Stepping in front of my mom before she got hit with my dads fist and then having him see me lay there with 3 teeth missing, my lip split in half and with a slight concusion was all worth it to me. He changed his life, quit drinking and never touched my mom again and now they are so happy and great together.

My life just got twisted around really quick and I never had the chance to really be a kid. I had to take care of myself and feed myself. I did not know what was good or bad for me. I just shoved whatever tasted good to me into my mouth. This is the result of it, but I'm changing it.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    well just know that i dont give you any pitty for what you went through, it all made you stronger (even if you dont know where yet), we all have issues, we grew up w pains and fears too, seems like you are touching the core of what has effected u thus far in you life... break the cycle and keep going after you dreams.

and of coarse what you ate caused you to get as big as you are... all the help here showed you what direction to go in.

but, people like you change the world!!!! if and only if you break the cycle... go get them fatboy (really wish you would change that name)

pm me and i will give you my personal cell and help you through any hard stuff like mentioned above... some things we all need to talk out

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    well, im interested.. whats your reasoning behind this philosophy???
    well essentially what I'm talking about is well balanced meals (including shakes)...for example a shake in the morning would be: vegan/veggie protein powder, a cup of fruit (low GI, something like an apple, pear, berries...not a banana, pinapple, grapes, oranges), flax oil, ground flaxseeds. In this shake you have your protein, carbs, good fats, and fibre. The balanced meals keep blood sugar levels steady and somewhat even. Gluten containing grains are usually high in calories and carbs which effect this to some degree.

Let me ask you a question. When you eat something like a big plate of pasta (made from wheat) do you feel bloated, tired or both. If so thats one indication of an intolerence to the particular food you just ate, which is one reason why someone might be gaining/gained weight. Or do you have a slight "puffiness" to your skin (assuming that your not on anything)? When one excludes these things from their diet it will go away.

If your still interested PM sometimes I forget about the posts that I have responded to. I've seen it work, otherwise I wouldn't suggest it, but theres no point me typing it all out if its just going to be dismissed. I think this is the way to go just because fatboy isn't looking for a "summer cutter" he's looking for a lifestyle change.

P.S. No disrespect to your diet.

Thats somewhat correct, but people with CD are usually thin. Are they not, or at least not all that heavy? Also oats go through a lot of cross contamination so wouldnt it be best to forget about it altogather? This type of diet has worked for ppl with all sorts of ailments its just that it takes a lot of displine and people usually break, so it doesn't end up working for them and they claim its all bullsh!t.

hmmm...very interesting. I would like some other people to give their opinion on this. I am trying to think of any specific foods that might make me tired or feel bloated. I can not think of any off the top of my head. The only time I feel tired would be when I ate very big portions and then go lay down and watch tv. Would not matter on the food.

Since I have started my diet I have not felt that at all. I dont even want to watch tv after. I feel as if I am ready to go all the time. Always wanting to do something now. I have lost 13lbs in 2 weeks and will be weighing in again this coming Monday. So far it seems to be working great and I feel great, but that does not mean that it cant change as my body adjusts.

Very interesting to me.

Well brothers it is monday and we know what that means..UPDATE.

As of 6:15 am this morning I came in at 420lbs. That is 8 lbs this week for a 3 week total of 21lbs. I pushed myself a little harder in the gym this week to see how I would hold up and it went well. I felt really good. Every week that goes by I just get pumped up so much more.

Thanks everyone for the support.

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Congrats bro! Stay addicted to this new life!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy08 View Post
    Well brothers it is monday and we know what that means..UPDATE.

As of 6:15 am this morning I came in at 420lbs. That is 8 lbs this week for a 3 week total of 21lbs. I pushed myself a little harder in the gym this week to see how I would hold up and it went well. I felt really good. Every week that goes by I just get pumped up so much more.

Thanks everyone for the support.
    im starting to get a concerned that your losing so much weight a bit quickly.. dont get me wrong, im putting your high weight into consideration but imma keep a close eye on you for the next 2 weeks.. we might have to make adjustments..

im starting to get a concerned that your losing so much weight a bit quickly.. dont get me wrong, im putting your high weight into consideration but imma keep a close eye on you for the next 2 weeks.. we might have to make adjustments..

I was concerned about this in the very begining. Can I be not getting enough calorie intake? I am consuming right around 3200kcal a day. I have been feeling really good. I feel strong. Then entire week, last week I had to up the weight on my workouts because it seemed so much easier then the previous 2 weeks.

I do not know exactly how many calories I burn a day, but between empty stomach cardio, work and then weight training and more cardio, I have to be burning quite a bit. My work is no joke either. Some days I could easily walk 2-3 miles pushing and pulling. The other days I am unloading trailers at a good pace, where I am breaking a shirt soaking sweat. Up to 50 trailers a day. Work for postal

I never ate as frequents as I am now, so my body was starving and storing everything as fat. When I did eat it was huge amounts at a time and very bad things. It was the evening after work that I really did some damage to the fridge.

I dont know how to determine how much weight is too much when it comes to losing it. I dont know what is safe or considered safe and why it is safe?

I put my trust in you guys 110% and will always listen.

jamy your the man!!!

jamy your the man!!!
    thx bud...

hey fatboy... let's see what happens this week.. keep me posted as to your next weigh in....

thx bud...

hey fatboy... let's see what happens this week.. keep me posted as to your next weigh in....
    Thanks bro...will do

(1*) is offline Member
    how could 7 lbs a week be bad for him considering his size, work + work out routine, and 3200 cals a day. even if his cals are low he's getting a good bit. his goal is weight loss right now and not just fat loss so unless there is something i don't know about i feel 7 lbs a week is good. especially since he's still in the first month. imo i would give him a few more weeks before worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by (1*) View Post
    how could 7 lbs a week be bad for him considering his size, work + work out routine, and 3200 cals a day. even if his cals are low he's getting a good bit. his goal is weight loss right now and not just fat loss so unless there is something i don't know about i feel 7 lbs a week is good. especially since he's still in the first month. imo i would give him a few more weeks before worrying.
    for somebody of his size his weight can not come off fast enough. He is on a perfect path, he should be continoue to loose weight this way untill he gets less than 25% bf or so. I don't think he would be loosing any muscle at this point, his body is holding so much excess fat, that his body is going to burn though it at a rapid pace.

fatboy keep up the diet and as long as your loosing anywhere from 5-8 pounds a week keep your diet the same, you need to get this weight off of you

and i mean shit, i was loosing 3-4 pounds a when i cut from 205 at 13% bf. So i don't think his amount is anyway out of control

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    WOW !!! This thread is intense.. Fatboy... man.. I dont wanna call you that... You should have admin change that... seriously... like to IN Progress or aomething like that...

First off Congrats !! Thats a total LIFE switch around !! Im glad you made the decision to change.. that takes guts and that my friend... you have !!

I cant wait to see your progress in the coming months !! You are doing great man !! Keep it up !!

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    for somebody of his size his weight can not come off fast enough. He is on a perfect path, he should be continoue to loose weight this way untill he gets less than 25% bf or so. I don't think he would be loosing any muscle at this point, his body is holding so much excess fat, that his body is going to burn though it at a rapid pace.

fatboy keep up the diet and as long as your loosing anywhere from 5-8 pounds a week keep your diet the same, you need to get this weight off of you

and i mean shit, i was loosing 3-4 pounds a when i cut from 205 at 13% bf. So i don't think his amount is anyway out of control
    agreed, right now he has completely altered lifestyle and at his weight and current food intake, its losing alot of excess water.. the fat will burn right off stay commitedd to the AM and post workout cardio, and keep the diet in order... you should repost periodically so we could always pitch in our.02

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    agreed, right now he has completely altered lifestyle and at his weight and current food intake, its losing alot of excess water.. the fat will burn right off stay commitedd to the AM and post workout cardio, and keep the diet in order... you should repost periodically so we could always pitch in our.02
    i didn't even think about the water...how much extra water can someone his size carry? 20 pounds? maybe even 30? I know 200 pound guys that can loose 20 for a comp, although that is getting completly dehyrated its just for comparison purposes.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    This one of the best threads on the site for motivation. If fatboy can do it anyone can.

that's right bitches... thats the diet forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    i didn't even think about the water...how much extra water can someone his size carry? 20 pounds? maybe even 30? I know 200 pound guys that can loose 20 for a comp, although that is getting completly dehyrated its just for comparison purposes.
    who knows but its certainly a good amount... fatboy- i think after a while (8-12 weeks or so) of your current split lets go 8 week carb cycling/keto diet. that will help stop a plateua and you will lose fat liek its your job

I will keep going as is and WE will monitor it. I have been feeling really great and feel as if i am getting stronger. Im just ready to kick this in the ass and be healthy. Life is gonna be great

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    hi fatboy, i think you ok for now dropping weight like you are,you feel great right, i would hold steady,continue to monitor with jamy see where you are at in 3-4 weeks,you doing a great job bro keep it up,i hate calling you fatboy as well but i also see the motivation you get from it,just like those 2 bitches in tha gym internalize it and use it you have your revenge in tha end,i got to say i check this thread every day.

everyone on here flat out rocks

who knows but its certainly a good amount... fatboy- i think after a while (8-12 weeks or so) of your current split lets go 8 week carb cycling/keto diet. that will help stop a plateua and you will lose fat liek its your job

I will start soaking in some info for carb cycling/keto. Threads?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=383337

the only thing i disagree with is the cheat day-i think it should be a controlled refeed rather than an all out cheat.. but read and soak it up!

BokBok is offline Associate Member
    Just found his thread. Very inspirational... Keep up the good work FB.

(1*) is offline Member
    just my two cents.. i would not change anything until a plateua takes place. especially since he feels so good. when the time comes then he can look into it but until then i wouldn't sidetrack him. i'm in ketosis right now for the first time and it takes getting used to. i do love it and think it will do good for him when the time comes but for now,... no need to bring it up.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=383337

the only thing i disagree with is the cheat day-i think it should be a controlled refeed rather than an all out cheat.. but read and soak it up!
    i was just having a discussion with nark about this...

id say you have one cheat meal in the cheat day where u eat what ever u want and eat a clean refeed for the rest of the day just so you dont go through diet failure (cheating helps psychologically)...

(1*) is offline Member
    i was just having a discussion with nark about this...

id say you have one cheat meal in the cheat day where u eat what ever u want and eat a clean refeed for the rest of the day just so you dont go through diet failure (cheating helps psychologically)...
    the refeed on keto should be all day for sure. not only are you depleted to the max and need to re up (which will take more than one meal) but it certainly helps mentally as jamy said. helps to make it through the week if having trouble. then after that day when you crash and feel bloated you actually want to go back to ketosis. also it only takes a day or two to return to ketosis.

i'm a member of a forum that has a large section for keto diets and there are some on there that refeed for 1 1/2 days and they say it doesn't take them out for too long.

fun22 is offline New Member
    jamyjam im 6ft6 370 trying to get to 270.
    can you put me on a diet program? you seem to no your stuff. i have poor eating habbits.
    bf=21-24% aprox
    please thanks

Quote Originally Posted by (1*) View Post
    just my two cents.. i would not change anything until a plateua takes place. especially since he feels so good. when the time comes then he can look into it but until then i wouldn't sidetrack him. i'm in ketosis right now for the first time and it takes getting used to. i do love it and think it will do good for him when the time comes but for now,... no need to bring it up.
    i agree as well i just wanted to throw a timer on their... dont know why lol... BUT, he loves reseraching and always throws questions at me which is great... and the more he soaks up the more he can learn his body through trial and error

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information