Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    OP, can you get macros from your current diet, try to stat consistent and accurate as possbile and document ever piece of food/drink that you intake daily. macros r proteins, fats, and carbs which account for caloric intake.

protein/carbs-4 calories per gram
    fat-9 calories per gram

fitday.com is a place to start to calculate calories for the foods that are not available on the nutrition info.

once we have your current diet, we hav eto play off these numbers. your BMR is necessary as well as macros and after you watch the vids and calculate we can recommend a daily total caloric intake BASED ON YOUR CURRENT diet. keep us posted

i also strongly recommend a workout regime for you, im a personal trainer and would be glad to assist you.. you can post in my thread in the workout section if interested

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    and who put u in charge of such a thing??

seeing as how the only place u can flame people is in the lounge, who's "paying" you to flame people???

what he said doesn't make sense... i wont disagree with you there.. but look past that and follow the true problem.. his diet and lifestyle... let's focus on that...

i really bust my ass not to turn anyone away at this diet branch.. when i initialy posted my diet here, no one responded for 5 days till phate came and saved the day.. i will not turn willing people away, and do not tolerate flaming..

please, allocate your knowledge and help me set this guy straight with his diet.. and let the rest be oblivious..
    good response... lets start with getting his name changed my admin... if he is going to make a change he need to see him self in a dif light...

... not flaming this part just putting my point of referance...

i didnt grow up with a dad, he left when i was a baby - lucky for me come to find out. if he did stay (he was a very wealthy man, with a very bad self image) and he was my role model what would i have turned out to be? what would he teach me? thanks to the Lord he was not there - and i turned to other sorces to get my male leadership (thank you grampa's) so, loosing weight will help his self image about 1000x and give him better self worth... but you know as well as i do if he is going to make a change it will be at the level of his self worth... i agree he is screaming for help - but is the weight all that he needs?

i will say it again i capitol letters (IF HE IS LEGIT, I WILL BE THE FIRST TO STAND BEHIND HIM AND CLAP AS HE REACHES HIS GOAL!!! AS HE BECOMES THE LEADER OF A SMALL BOY, AND STARTS TO MOLD THAT BOYS MIND WITH POSITIVE RESULTS, NOT FROM THE LEVEL OF TALK BUT THE LEVEL OF WALKING THE WALK!!!)

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    good response... lets start with getting his name changed my admin... if he is going to make a change he need to see him self in a dif light...

... not flaming this part just putting my point of referance...

i didnt grow up with a dad, he left when i was a baby - lucky for me come to find out. if he did stay (he was a very wealthy man, with a very bad self image) and he was my role model what would i have turned out to be? what would he teach me? thanks to the Lord he was not there - and i turned to other sorces to get my male leadership (thank you grampa's) so, loosing weight will help his self image about 1000x and give him better self worth... but you know as well as i do if he is going to make a change it will be at the level of his self worth... i agree he is screaming for help - but is the weight all that he needs?

i will say it again i capitol letters (IF HE IS LEGIT, I WILL BE THE FIRST TO STAND BEHIND HIM AND CLAP AS HE REACHES HIS GOAL!!! AS HE BECOMES THE LEADER OF A SMALL BOY, AND STARTS TO MOLD THAT BOYS MIND WITH POSITIVE RESULTS, NOT FROM THE LEVEL OF TALK BUT THE LEVEL OF WALKING THE WALK!!!)
    would you disagree with me if i were to say theres a much more subtle way to go about with your intention???

as self-justifyingly as your intentions are, ur scaring him away in a sense.. we wanna make our new members as welcoming as possible..

trust me, iv blown up at a select few people myself.. iv been pushed to that limit.. i can understand where u come from.. just add a coupla yard to that limit u have right now.. be a little more tolerable of the situation..

fatboy08 is offline Junior Member
    I do plan on starting a workout program. I will look through these threads for advice. I purchased a membership to the gym today. I plan on doing cardio in the early morning before work. I then plan and doing more cardio/weights at around 8pm after the kids practices and all the other stuff. Im taking my nephew with me. He wants to come and I'm excited about that.

^^ at a boy.. good start..

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    would you disagree with me if i were to say theres a much more subtle way to go about with your intention???

as self-justifyingly as your intentions are, ur scaring him away in a sense.. we wanna make our new members as welcoming as possible..

trust me, iv blown up at a select few people myself.. iv been pushed to that limit.. i can understand where u come from.. just add a coupla yard to that limit u have right now.. be a little more tolerable of the situation..
    Thanks, but it is not scaring me away. I was a fat kid. I was teased everyday. My own father put me down every single day. It is nothing new to me and with you and everyone else helping out, yes even amcon, I'll get through it.

get that bf for me.. i need it..

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    keep the positive mind set and these guys will take care of you the best they can. take them as your new family. they wont do you any wrong.

Geezus is offline New Member
    as i turn the knob and walk in this door im standing in a room of people that i admire and wanna look like......however , that only being the cosmetic aspect and not the infamous pessimistic nature...word of advice..when you see someones red flag with the words "HELP" don't knock that person over because you dont believe them......patiently listen and render help if you gladly have those 2 cents to share.........this my friend is the reason why people like me LINGER...and dont post about........................

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezus View Post
    as i turn the knob and walk in this door im standing in a room of people that i admire and wanna look like......however , that only being the cosmetic aspect and not the infamous pessimistic nature...word of advice..when you see someones red flag with the words "HELP" don't knock that person over because you dont believe them......patiently listen and render help if you gladly have those 2 cents to share.........this my friend is the reason why people like me LINGER...and dont post about........................
    good keep lingering

Geezus is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    good keep lingering
    Yeah and let the powers at be know that they're site would be even bigger and more user friendly if people like you didnt run people off......im not up for a pissing contest bro............ take it easy man

nadakuss is offline New Member
    good luck buddy!!

you shouldnt look down on someone unless your helping them up!!!

I woke this morning and went for a 2 mile walk. Later in the day I went to gym and did a 45 min chest workout followed up by 20 more min on the treadmill. I feel really great and proud. Making this my top priority. I ate oats, fruit,egg whites and chicken breast today. Still working with some great guys on here to help me get a good diet set up. Im exccited and cant wait for the morning to come and do it again.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    best wishes on your goals brother! very simple, eat right, train hard,get your cardio in 45 min/day, take your multi, and drink a s**t load of h2o. Most of all be patient my brother. Give it atleast a month then You will give other people advice!!

gimmie your stats again so i can figure your bmr/tdee out...

Tbear1986 is offline New Member
    Hey fatboy08, its inspiring that your so pasionate about being there for your "late" bro's kids, and have such a possitive attitude, i know what its like for being teased and put down by your own family, i to was put through hell for the opposite reason i was a tall 6'4 kid that was skinny as heck and liked and looked up to BB's all ym life and wrestlers and anyone huge and muscular, got made fun of and told i'll never be anything like them, But just cause i went through this and im sure you will agree, doesn't give ppl the right to come on here and flame you with insults about lies, that are not even of the nature of asking help for, ppl are judgmental and love focusing on the one thing that sticks out, keep to it man, i've been following this post and its inspiring to me to do more to grow, hope alll the best for you man, i wish i knew a lot and could give ya my 2 cents on diets and workouts but i'm a noob and there are bigger better guys on here, sme really great ppl just read around and you will see their many posts dedicated to helping ppl. take care man, keep us all posted with stats and pics if ya can, and more.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy08 View Post
    I woke this morning and went for a 2 mile walk. Later in the day I went to gym and did a 45 min chest workout followed up by 20 more min on the treadmill. I feel really great and proud. Making this my top priority. I ate oats, fruit,egg whites and chicken breast today. Still working with some great guys on here to help me get a good diet set up. Im exccited and cant wait for the morning to come and do it again.
    We you are definitely on the right track, and that is always how I start training my overweight clients. I make them powerwalk beside me around the river in town for about 50 mins. It is good that you came here for advice. Just don't give up. results aren't something you see in the first week or two and it can be discouraging. Just stay focused like you are, and keep this as your way of life. You will see results if you stick with this, and don't forget your H2O like popsinc said earlier

binsser is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up diet

Is he for real seriously AMCOM do people a favour and fckoff ur a twt m8 never seen so much attitude on a thread calm done on the tren u gimp go flame someone else !as for the threads question in mind FATBOY-

To start off with m8 its a hard bumpy road but u DO have the motivation to get to where u want to be ! just read dieting threads u now eat chicken and tuna and fish u now dont eat cakes crisps snack food or anything like that all fried food is out all or most sugery food is out u now drink water everyday not beer or sugery tea if ur hungry eating 400 gram meals 5 times a day because this is now what u do, then if u need a snack u eat an apple not a sugery treat at night when u sit to eat ur tea if its a plate full now its half put the other half away for later u do weights or some sort of cardio u now do this everyday for 30 mins a day start off here and study u have a few guidlines now now get up bro and get to it in 12 months time ull be a new faster fitter better u ,good luck m8 and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by binsser View Post
    Is he for real seriously AMCOM do people a favour and fckoff ur a twt m8 never seen so much attitude on a thread calm done on the tren u gimp go flame someone else !as for the threads question in mind FATBOY-

To start off with m8 its a hard bumpy road but u DO have the motivation to get to where u want to be ! just read dieting threads u now eat chicken and tuna and fish u now dont eat cakes crisps snack food or anything like that all fried food is out all or most sugery food is out u now drink water everyday not beer or sugery tea if ur hungry eating 400 gram meals 5 times a day because this is now what u do, then if u need a snack u eat an apple not a sugery treat at night when u sit to eat ur tea if its a plate full now its half put the other half away for later u do weights or some sort of cardio u now do this everyday for 30 mins a day start off here and study u have a few guidlines now now get up bro and get to it in 12 months time ull be a new faster fitter better u ,good luck m8 and keep us posted!
    NO FLAMING, respect the rules comon

woke up this morning and followed same routine except today i worked out my tri's. Last night my nephew had a long night. He was missing his dad. I had no words, but to say I'm sorry and I wish I could trade spots with his dad. I broke down on my walk. I can not leave this kid alone. I can not make him go through this. I got back up and walked. With a faster pace and extra mile for stopping. I made myself do 30 min of cardo instead of 15 after my workout.

I want to say thank you to everyone for their support and advice. You been a big help and I only wish I had something to give back. thank you

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    You are giving back... be there for that nephew of yours, and never, never give up!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy View Post
    You are giving back... be there for that nephew of yours, and never, never give up!
    God bless man.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    what up fatboy08 i have been looking for ya,hang in there bro and get that diet down.

iv figured your bmr at 2530.....
    with the amount of exercise your doing, i'd put you on a 3000kcal diet...

this wont be hard, follow a 40 40 20 split

300g protien
    300g carbs
    66g fats...

have u finished watching the videos??

I have finished watching the videos. Very imformative. I went out and purchased several cans of tuna, oats, aziekiel bread, 15 dozen eggs, brown rice, flax seed, fish oil and sweet potatos. My little brother works for a distributor and is bringing me a 40lb box of chicken breasts and a 20lb box of telapia. Could not pass it up for $45 and why I got so much. I have a freezer in garage to keep it. Im sure I am missing some stuff.

I was reading the thread on the debate over empty stomach cardio. I have been walking on empty stomach the past two days and even this morning. Half way through the walk I can feel myself getting a little sluggish. In the thread they were debating it was beneficial to have a bcaa supplement before walk? What do you recommend? I will also be doing cardio for 20 min immediately after weight training. Should I take it then as well and then follow up with a PWO meal?

I have finished watching the videos. Very imformative. I went out and purchased several cans of tuna, oats, aziekiel bread, 15 dozen eggs, brown rice, flax seed, fish oil and sweet potatos. My little brother works for a distributor and is bringing me a 40lb box of chicken breasts and a 20lb box of telapia. Could not pass it up for $45 and why I got so much. I have a freezer in garage to keep it. Im sure I am missing some stuff.

I was reading the thread on the debate over empty stomach cardio. I have been walking on empty stomach the past two days and even this morning. Half way through the walk I can feel myself getting a little sluggish. In the thread they were debating it was beneficial to have a bcaa supplement before walk? What do you recommend? I will also be doing cardio for 20 min immediately after weight training. Should I take it then as well and then follow up with a PWO meal?
    your main concern right now is fat loss.. dont make things complicated.. keep them as simple as possible... we need to change your lifestyle, not just your diet..

the empty stomach cardio is fine.. you'll be okay doing it the way you are right now...

since you've watched the videos, and iv givin you your bmr/tdee, i need you to post up a diet with macros (pro/fat/cal/carb) so that we can tweak it... remember to include the times of your meals and the times you workout...

u can use fitday.com to help u with your macros.. ur food choices are fine.. i'd also add a lean beef like london broil to it or roast beef, these are ideal for bedtime meals...

ill be waiting on your diet....

Western Man is offline Associate Member
    I don't really have anything productive to add... just wanted to say good luck to you!

Ok so here is my very first attempt at setting up my diet. Please let me know what you guys think.

Cal, protein(g), carbs(g), fat(g)

4am- empty stomach cardio

M1: 5a.m.- 14 eggwhites, 1cup oats- 541, 60, 57, 7
    M2: 8a.m.- 6oz tuna, ezekiel bread (2slices)- 310, 43, 30, 2
    M3: 10:30a.m.- 8oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice- 580, 49, 64, 13
    M4: 12:30p.m.- 8oz tilapia, 1/2 cup brown rice - 518, 51, 64, 6
    M5: 4p.m.- same as M2
    weight training- 7pm-8pm
    cardio- 8pm-8:20pm
    M6: PWO- This is where I need help. Jamy suggested london broil or roast beef. Any other suggestions?

Should I replace any of these meals with a protein shake or any other supplement?

Also I have some fish oil and flaxseed oil, both in pill form. Should I use these and when?

Thanks for the help guys. I know I am probably far off, but I'm trying.

Ok so here is my very first attempt at setting up my diet. Please let me know what you guys think.

good
    good
    good
    good
    M5: 4p.m.- same as M2
    up your carbs here about 20grams
    weight training- 7pm-8pm
    M6: PWO- This is where I need help. Jamy suggested london broil or roast beef. Any other suggestions?
    pwo you need a whey shake.. 60grams of a whey shake and a semi-simple carb like white rice, pasta, or bagel will do
    add another meal, do 1/2lb london broil or a lean beef and add an efa.. almonds, avocado, marinate beef in olive oil... all good choices
    Should I replace any of these meals with a protein shake or any other supplement?

Also I have some fish oil and flaxseed oil, both in pill form. Should I use these and when?

make the changes and post up the revised diet.. also give me a daily total of you macros...

it doesn't look bad at all.. actualy looks very similar to another post i just worked on.. u didn't grab this from there did u??

lol, id be happy if he did, hes learning!

REVISED: I did not copy one perticular diet. I read through the forums and got ideas and what would be be easy and affordable for me at this time. I added somethings different. Changed the macros to benefit me and my needs. As I go on and learn more I will bring more variety into my diet.

M5: 4p.m.- same as M2 + medium sweet potato- 446, 45, 54, 6
    weight training- 7pm-8pm
    M6: PWO- 60g whey protein, plain bagel
    M7: 9:30- 1/2lb lean beef marinated in olive oil- 537, 66, 0, 36
    I will try different variations for M7. Just what I have available now.

TOTALS: 2932, 314, 269, 70
    This does not include PWO as I do not know all micros for whey shake.

REVISED: I did not copy one perticular diet. I read through the forums and got ideas and what would be be easy and affordable for me at this time. I added somethings different. Changed the macros to benefit me and my needs. As I go on and learn more I will bring more variety into my diet.

M5: 4p.m.- same as M2 + medium sweet potato- 446, 45, 54, 6
    weight training- 7pm-8pm
    M6: PWO- 60g whey protein, plain bagel
    M7: 9:30- 1/2lb lean beef marinated in olive oil- 537, 66, 0, 36
    I will try different variations for M7. Just what I have available now.

TOTALS: 2932, 314, 269, 70
    This does not include PWO as I do not know all micros for whey shake.

im guessing your whey shake wont go over 300kcal.. i say stick to the way it is... keep me posted as to your weight loss.. do not check your weight every day.. i want you to check it every 7 days at the same time of the day... make sure to keep us posted bro.. we'll help u through this

^^x2, see if you can monitor body fat as well with electronic scales at the gym to use as a measuring method, and workout hard!

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    I gotta give you some respect for eating 14 egg whites in one meal, I could never do that. I have trouble just eating the 8 now for breakfast............Damn!

I appologize for my earlier remark and I am really glad this thread went in the right direction. Keep it going!! You are on the right track!!

Thank you. I will definitely keep everyone posted. I am looking forward to a new life. A new new, but same me.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    lol thats better fatboy go on son keep it up m8 im really glad uve got the big boys helping u out as well m8 good luck and keep us posted !

Epic1 is offline Associate Member
    i was gonna post my diet and get it critiqued but man...i dont wanna get all flamed and discouraged. im surprised fatboy is still around posting.

Keep up the good work man! Couldnt imagine my daughter without a mom or me and having my brother step in and take my place.

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    I seen power lifter / wwe wrestler Mark Henry dunk a basketball at a celebrity dunk contest.. So it can be done... Good luck on yer wieght loss .... Glad a couple people helped out and arent bein jackasses....

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    very inspiring and interesting at the same time.

i wish you all the best with your journey,

your brother would be proud of you!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information