Thread: Diet Critique

Diet Critique

Current Stats

Height 6'1"
    Weight 217
    BF 10%

Started cycle at 215 and 12-13% BF. Low dose test, below maintenance cals, and cardio every day. I'm now at the stats above.

For my current stats, maintenance states for a couple hours of moderate activity and an hour of heavy activity each day I need 3200cals.

Meal 1:

1/2 cup oatmeal or oat bran, 1 cup egg whites, 15g whey, 1 cup soy milk - 50g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

Meal 2:

1/4 cup brown rice, 2 cans tuna, flaxseed oil - 30g carbs, 40g protein, 15g fat

Meal 3: Sweet Potato, veggies (snow peas, squash, mushrooms, etc) and 8oz. of chicken or steak or fish - 40g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

Meal 4: 1/2 cup cream of whole wheat, 30g whey, 1 cup soy milk (One hour before workout) - 50g carbs, 40g protein

Workout

PWO - 30g whey,30g WMS

Meal 5: 1/4 cup brown rice, 8oz of steak, chicken, or fish

30g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

Meal 6:

1 cup egg whites, 15g whey, 15g soy protein, 1 cup soy milk, flaxseed oil

25g carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat

255g carbs (1020), 310g protein (1240) 45g fat (405)

Total - 2665 cals.

Alright, clearly I'm way below maintenance, which explains the amount of fat loss I've experienced over the first half of the cycle. As I explained, I had the defeciency, and was doing cardio to drop BF. I'm now on a higher dose of test, and added tren a, cut cardio, and want to bulk up now. (Test 550mg Tren 350 / week)

Where do the extra calories need to come from.? I'm 535 under maintenance. Do I really need to be eating 400g carbs?

Tear it apart guys...

Also, I throw in almonds in between meals when I'm on the road. I change some of this stuff as well, but as far as amount of nutrients in each meal, it stays consistent. I know I need to eat more, just want to make sure I'm adding in the right things at the right time.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by _CrossroadS_ View Post
    Current Stats

Height 6'1"
    Weight 217
    BF 10%

Started cycle at 215 and 12-13% BF. Low dose test, below maintenance cals, and cardio every day. I'm now at the stats above.

For my current stats, maintenance states for a couple hours of moderate activity and an hour of heavy activity each day I need 3200cals.

Meal 1:

1/2 cup oatmeal or oat bran, 1 cup egg whites, 15g whey, 1 cup soy milk - 50g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat
    id cut the milk and shake out. go more carbs and more egg whites

Meal 2:

1/4 cup brown rice, 2 cans tuna, flaxseed oil - 30g carbs, 40g protein, 15g fat
    1/4th cup cooked is liek nothing, id up that

Meal 3: Sweet Potato, veggies (snow peas, squash, mushrooms, etc) and 8oz. of chicken or steak or fish - 40g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

good
    Meal 4: 1/2 cup cream of whole wheat, 30g whey, 1 cup soy milk (One hour before workout) - 50g carbs, 40g protein

Workout

PWO - 30g whey,30g WMS

k

Meal 5: 1/4 cup brown rice, 8oz of steak, chicken, or
    i thinki your measuring uncooked, my 1 cup brown rice cooked=43g carbs

30g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

Meal 6:

1 cup egg whites, 15g whey, 15g soy protein, 1 cup soy milk, flaxseed oil
    you could just rotate protein sources here with like turkey or chicken and make a salad topped with a better EFA like olive oil

25g carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat

255g carbs (1020), 310g protein (1240) 45g fat (405)

Total - 2665 cals.

Alright, clearly I'm way below maintenance, which explains the amount of fat loss I've experienced over the first half of the cycle. As I explained, I had the defeciency, and was doing cardio to drop BF. I'm now on a higher dose of test, and added tren a, cut cardio, and want to bulk up now. (Test 550mg Tren 350 / week)

Where do the extra calories need to come from.? I'm 535 under maintenance. Do I really need to be eating 400g carbs?

Tear it apart guys...

whty would you cut out cardio? id keep it in and just add more food calories. as long as its low itnensity. you need more EFA's also dont have any slow digesting protein at night-you shuld get some lean beef or casein supp. go 40/40/20-being fats. your macro manipulation is good carb pre workout, and for PWO, just add more and more EFA's. keep cardio!

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    whty would you cut out cardio? id keep it in and just add more food calories. as long as its low itnensity. you need more EFA's also dont have any slow digesting protein at night-you shuld get some lean beef or casein supp. go 40/40/20-being fats. your macro manipulation is good carb pre workout, and for PWO, just add more and more EFA's. keep cardio!
    Cutting cardio isn't really a choice...tren kills it.

I was thinking I should probably be eating another big portion of protein right before bed.

I am measuring 1/4 cup of brown rice dry...32g carbs...so upping each of those servings to half a cup adds 60g carbs.

The change at breakfast would just be a full cup of oats then. Easy. This is actually a shake for me...I'll just cut out the milk, and make it 1 cup oat bran, 2 cups egg whites...am I ok to add a serving of flaxseed oil here? I make this a shake, blend it up and drink it.

Also, like I said, I eat at least an ounce of almonds every day. That's another 14g of good fats.

Also, I didn't realize, I changed brands of tuna, and the new ones are 35g protein per can, so I've actually been eating 70g protein in one sitting when I did the tuna.

So factoring in those changes,

It'd look like this:

Meal 1:

1 cup oatmeal or oat bran, 2 cups egg whites, flaxseed oil - 50g carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat

Meal 2:

1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cans tuna, flaxseed oil - 60g carbs, 70g protein, 15g fat

Workout

PWO - 30g whey,30g WMS

Meal 5: 1/2 cup brown rice, 8oz of steak, chicken, or fish

60g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

Meal 6:

8oz. of steak chicken or fish, Sweet potato

25g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

I also eat at least an ounce of almonds everyday - 6g carbs, 6g protein, 14g fat

320g carbs (1280), 345g protein (1380) 55g fat (495) -

Total - 3155 cals.

Still a little on the low side, basically right at maintenance for my weight. Where should we tweak from here?
    Last edited by _CrossroadS_; 06-03-2009 at 12:11 PM.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by _CrossroadS_ View Post
    Cutting cardio isn't really a choice...tren kills it.

I was thinking I should probably be eating another big portion of protein right before bed.

I am measuring 1/4 cup of brown rice dry...32g carbs...so upping each of those servings to half a cup adds 60g carbs.

The change at breakfast would just be a full cup of oats then. Easy. This is actually a shake for me...I'll just cut out the milk, and make it 1 cup oat bran, 2 cups egg whites...am I ok to add a serving of flaxseed oil here? I make this a shake, blend it up and drink it.
    keep EFA's for after post workout meals IMO

Also, like I said, I eat at least an ounce of almonds every day. That's another 14g of good fats.
    k account for those cals/fats and carbs as well for daily intake

Also, I didn't realize, I changed brands of tuna, and the new ones are 35g protein per can, so I've actually been eating 70g protein in one sitting when I did the tuna.

So factoring in those changes,

It'd look like this:

Meal 1:

1 cup oatmeal or oat bran, 2 cups egg whites, flaxseed oil - 50g carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat
    id personally take out the flax, there are better EFA sources out there, fish oil, almond/walnut oil, olive oil,

Meal 2:

1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cans tuna, flaxseed oil - 60g carbs, 70g protein, 15g fat

i only like shakes for PWO and casein at night

Workout

PWO - 30g whey,30g WMS

Meal 6:

8oz. of steak chicken or fish, Sweet potato
    im not into carbs after post workout bulk or cut. id throw taht in somewhere pre workout or is a good choice for PWO meal

25g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat

I also eat at least an ounce of almonds everyday - 6g carbs, 6g protein, 14g fat

320g carbs (1280), 345g protein (1380) 55g fat (495) -

Total - 3155 cals.

Still a little on the low side, basically right at maintenance for my weight. Where should we tweak from here?
    you could go get ON casein supplement take 1.5 scoops and take this with another EFA like fish oil, almond oil, etc. this will give you an extra like 300 cals or so, and you have to adjust off your current numbers not your calculated BMR.

Meal 1:

1 cup oatmeal or oat bran, 2 cups egg whites, - 50g carbs, 50g protein

Meal 2:

1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cans tuna, olive oil - 60g carbs, 70g protein, 15g fat

Meal 4: I can do 2 chicken sandwhiches on wheat here...this meal is on the road, which is why i did the shake, but this is easy enough, 4 slices wheat toast, two 4oz. chicken breasts - 55g carbs, 50g protein, 5g fat.

Workout

PWO - 30g whey,30g WMS

Meal 6:

Here you are saying cut out the carbs? So 8oz. of meat, and some veggies and EFA's? Easy enough

10g carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat

Casein/EFA's before bed right? this would be two back to back meals with EFA's in them. That ok? - (35g pro, 15g fat)

310g carbs (1240), 390g protein (1560) 75g fat (675) -

Total - 3475 cals.

Looks a little better.

Thread Information