Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ganu is offline Associate Member

Question help with bloating and food

hi guys..i need help with bloating..am on my 5th week of var/tbol cycle and gained 5kgs so far..i need to know what food is causing me to bloat up besides var and tbol..have a bulge on the stomach and when i squeeze my core can see those upper abs..so i know besides fat i have a bloated belly which is also hard.i also have partial bowel clearance which could add upto the bloat..just want to know if theres some food which is causing all these complications...
    my diet includes oats/pearl millet/sorghum/eggs/chicken/fish/fruits/almonds/veggies/brown bread/vitamin c,e/milk thistle/flax seed oil caps/phytosterols/policosanol/liv 52/antioxidants/multivitamin/protein isopure and 12hr dymatize/green tea/b6/cottage cheese/brown rice/lentils..
    can any of these have a reputation of causing stomach ailments or bloating

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    stats, goals, diet in detail (macros/calories), BMR..

Ht 5.11
    wt started with 72 now after 5weeks on 77 kgs(5kgs up)
    bf started with 18 now on 15%
    age 35 yrs

morning..creatin ethyl ester(cellmass) 1scoop empty stomach

after 20 min..bottle gourd juice 30ml with 2 glass warm water

after 15 min..breakfast..5teaspoon oats with water
    3 egg whites with mushrooms
    1 brown toast
    vitamins-co q 10-60mg/b6-100mg/1 neuroflex(which has alpha lipoic acid,methylcobalamine and vitamins)/bioidentical test transdermal application-400mgs
    green tea no sugar

after 1hr var 20mg/tbol 20mg

after 1 hrs..snack.........3 almonds/1 fruit apple or pear/1 veggie juice(beetroot/lemon/ginger/mint leaves/indian gooseberry) plus 4flax oil caps

after 2 hrs lunch..250gms chicken breast
    veggies
    2 sorghum bread
    lentil soup
    vitmamins..2 milk thistle and 2 liv 52

after 90min preworkout..no2 drink /30 tbol
    after 90min workout..creatine ehtyl ester 1 scoop
    after 20 min..vitamin e400/c1000/b6-100mg/1antioxidant/protein isopure(42protein,10carb,210calories,1gm fat)with glutamine

after 1hr 10var/10tbol

after 1hr..dinner..250 gms fish grilled
    1 sorghum bread(5 days)1/2 cup brown rice( 2 days a week)
    veggies
    vitamins..2 milk thistle 2 liv 52

after 1hr..night time protein(12hr dymatize-129 calories,21 protein,6 carbs,fat2gm )/2 flaxeed/2 cholestrol caps(phytosterols 800mg/epa180mg/dha120mg/policosanol 10mg

3teaspoon olive oil throughout the day used for cooking
    5/6 litre water
    bmr calculated to 2400 calories

will try and get detailed macros from my dietician but till then can you find out what is causing bloating and stomach irregularities
    Last edited by ganu; 06-15-2009 at 06:37 AM.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    i need u to should, in detail, how u did ur bmr calculation...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    If you are already have partial bowel clearance issues orals might not be the best thing for you as they can cause constipation and that may be what is contributing to your bloat.

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year

SO 66+(6.23X169.4 POUNDS)+(12.7X71 INCHES)-(6.8X35 YRS)=1785.062

If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55 .BEING ECTO I WORKOUT ONLY 3DAYS A WEEK AS DOING CARDIO I LOSE WEIGHT.. SO 1785.062X1.55=2766.8461

SORRY ITS 2767 INSTEAD OF 2400(WHICH I HAD CALCULATED WHEN I WAS 72KGS)
    Last edited by ganu; 06-15-2009 at 12:08 PM.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ganu View Post
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year

SO 66+(6.23X169.4 POUNDS)+(12.7X71 INCHES)-(6.8X35 YRS)=1785.062

If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55 .BEING ECTO I WORKOUT ONLY 3DAYS A WEEK AS DOING CARDIO I LOSE WEIGHT.. SO 1785.062X1.55=2766.8461

SORRY ITS 2767 INSTEAD OF 2400(WHICH I HAD CALCULATED WHEN I WAS 72KGS)
    i thought that was off a bit.. u need to eat 3200kcal to gain weight and bulk...

phat_matt85 is offline Member
    Maybe get off the creatine?..i know the kind your taking shouldnt bloat...BUT i dont think you need creatine with the stuff ur taking..I took var before and im im trying tbol now and i wouldnt never use any creatine with them too

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    only 20mg tbol a day?????
    hmmmmmmm
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    hmmmmmmm
    ok
    no he is taking 40 i think..but i would do 50 at least

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    hmmmmmmm
    ok
    Just what I was thinking.

after 20 min..vitamin e400/c1000/b6-100mg/1antioxidant/protein isopure(42protein,10carb,210calories,1gm fat)with glutamine

after 1hr 10var/10tbol

so its 40mg

after 15 min..breakfast..5teaspoon oats with water
    3 egg whites with mushrooms
    1 brown toast
    vitamins-co q 10-60mg/b6-100mg/1 neuroflex(which has alpha lipoic acid,methylcobalamine and vitamins)/bioidentical test transdermal application-400mgs
    green tea no sugar

after 1hr var 20mg/tbol 20mg

after 1 hrs..snack.........3 almonds/1 fruit apple or pear/1 veggie juice(beetroot/lemon/ginger/mint leaves/indian gooseberry) plus 4flax oil caps

after 2 hrs lunch..250gms chicken breast
    veggies
    2 sorghum bread
    lentil soup
    vitmamins..2 milk thistle and 2 liv 52

after 1hr 10var/10tbol

30var/60tbol or 40var/50tbol.total 90mgs

Quote Originally Posted by phat_matt85 View Post
    maybe get off the creatine?..i know the kind your taking shouldnt bloat...but i dont think you need creatine with the stuff ur taking..i took var before and im im trying tbol now and i wouldnt never use any creatine with them too
    does it have any negative impact...ethyl esther is supposed to help when you next workout the same body part..

sizerp is offline Banned
    hi guys..i need help with bloating..am on my 5th week of var/tbol cycle and gained 5kgs so far..i need to know what food is causing me to bloat up besides var and tbol..have a bulge on the stomach and when i squeeze my core can see those upper abs..so i know besides fat i have a bloated belly which is also hard.i also have partial bowel clearance which could add upto the bloat..just want to know if theres some food which is causing all these complications...
    my diet includes oats/pearl millet/sorghum/eggs/chicken/fish/fruits/almonds/veggies/brown bread/vitamin c,e/milk thistle/flax seed oil caps/phytosterols/policosanol/liv 52/antioxidants/multivitamin/protein isopure and 12hr dymatize/green tea/b6/cottage cheese/brown rice/lentils..
    can any of these have a reputation of causing stomach ailments or bloating
    There are certain foods which really do a number on our digestive system.

The bloating is one of the symptoms included in Celiac disease.

Maybe take out grains which include gluten from your diet (wheat, most grains).
    ~~~
    Also, drinking tea immediately after a large meal may inhibit the absorption of the mineral iron. The tannins in tea are metal ion chelators, and tannin-chelated metal ions are non-bioavailable.

However you should be OK because it only effects the bioavailability of plant sources of iron, and any animal sources won't be affected.

Sometimes in sensitive individuals a large intake of tannins can cause bowl irritation, kidney irritation, liver damage, irritation of the stomach, and gastrointestinal pain.

SO, drink your tea in between meals.

Lastly, integration of vitamin C in your tea will help neutralize the tannin's toxicity and negative effects on iron absorption.

Prolonged iron deficiency can lead to anemia.
    ~~~
    You could try: Adding bromelaine (digestive enzyme) into your diet, or getting some aloe vera juice, drink about 2 ounces per supplement. Try this a couple times a day, as it's supposed to aid in digestion.

GL!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Stop taking the creatine if you don't want to put on water weight! It doesn't matter what kind of creatine I take, I still put on water...so, I simply don't take it when trying to get lean.

thanks for the brilliant insight sizerp..
    will get some aloe vera but i did not get the dose correct..2 ounce per supplement,can you elaborate on this..
    Last edited by ganu; 06-17-2009 at 02:07 PM.

does green tea contain tannins?

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Stop taking the creatine if you don't want to put on water weight! It doesn't matter what kind of creatine I take, I still put on water...so, I simply don't take it when trying to get lean.
    thanks bro will do that..cheers

thanks for the brilliant insight sizerp..
    will get some aloe vera but i did not get the dose correct..2 ounce per supplement,can you elaborate on this..
    sizerp you there

As far as I know it doesn't contain tannins...however it is a good natural diuretic!

As far as I know it doesn't contain tannins...however it is a good natural diuretic!
    can aloe vera and fennel tea do the job..also what to add if i quit oats from the breakfast

sub with another LOW gi carb... but why would you quit oats

sizerp is offline Banned
    Yeah it does contain tannins - so just try and drink the tea like 30 minutes after or sometime between meals, not with them! ; -)

sizerp you there
    Sorry - Yeah dose the aloe vera juice as directed on the back, but I usually take 1 tablespoon with water before each meal. GL!

sizerp is offline Banned
    can aloe vera and fennel tea do the job..also what to add if i quit oats from the breakfast
    You could add Quinoa to supplement for the oats, or Amaranth. Oats protein avinin is very similar to that of gluten in wheat and other grains. So if you're sensitive, or celiac cutting oats is probably a smart thing, unless you get it from the health food store, in which case it should special gluten free oats. However, in most cases the avinin found in oats don't affect most people, only the severely sensitive individual.

Choice is yours! Remember, it never hurts to cut something out of your diet for 2 weeks, and see how your body reacts. Process of elimination works best at times. GL!

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    You could add Quinoa to supplement for the oats, or Amaranth. Oats protein avinin is very similar to that of gluten in wheat and other grains. So if you're sensitive, or celiac cutting oats is probably a smart thing, unless you get it from the health food store, in which case it should special gluten free oats. However, in most cases the avinin found in oats don't affect most people, only the severely sensitive individual.

Choice is yours! Remember, it never hurts to cut something out of your diet for 2 weeks, and see how your body reacts. Process of elimination works best at times. GL!
    thanks bro,great help

Yeah it does contain tannins - so just try and drink the tea like 30 minutes after or sometime between meals, not with them!
    Did I miss something...why shouldn't you drink green tea with your meals?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Did I miss something...why shouldn't you drink green tea with your meals?
    Well - drinking "true tea" with high fat meals can actually help out with breakdown. However, if you're eating a salad or any meal with a high-intake of non-heme iron (from plants), the tannins in tea will effect the absorption rate.

Since most of us aren't vegetarian or vegan we can drink as much tea as we want before, during and after our meals. (Provided heme iron is present).

Tannins in tea chelate non-heme iron. They form an insoluble bond with some of the iron molecules making them indigestible.

Drinking teas an hour before or after helps reduce the inhibition of non-heme iron absorption.

So realize what you're eating, and decide whether to drink tea with your meal or not. If you have cereal, legumes, or leafy greens planned for consumption, merely avoid the tea for an hour.

We know vitamin C is found in teas, along with some other acids, and may aid in non-heme iron absorption, and even counteract some of the static interference caused by tannins. It does this by adding an electron to the iron molecule, changing it from its ferric form to ferrous, making it easier to digest. Therefore a little lemon in your tea goes a long way.

Also, I'll admit, a splash of milk in your tea can help bind tannins to the calcium molecules, instead of non-heme iron molecules (which we want).
    However, I'd rather just drink it separately.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Well - drinking "true tea" with high fat meals can actually help out with breakdown. However, if you're eating a salad or any meal with a high-intake of non-heme iron (from plants), the tannins in tea will effect the absorption rate.

Since most of us aren't vegetarian or vegan we can drink as much tea as we want before, during and after our meals. (Provided heme iron is present).

Tannins in tea chelate non-heme iron. They form an insoluble bond with some of the iron molecules making them indigestible.

Drinking teas an hour before or after helps reduce the inhibition of non-heme iron absorption.

So realize what you're eating, and decide whether to drink tea with your meal or not. If you have cereal, legumes, or leafy greens planned for consumption, merely avoid the tea for an hour.

We know vitamin C is found in teas, along with some other acids, and may aid in non-heme iron absorption, and even counteract some of the static interference caused by tannins. It does this by adding an electron to the iron molecule, changing it from its ferric form to ferrous, making it easier to digest. Therefore a little lemon in your tea goes a long way.

Also, I'll admit, a splash of milk in your tea can help bind tannins to the calcium molecules, instead of non-heme iron molecules (which we want).

sizerp you are like a dictionary man..super

thai-lan is offline Member
    lol i know off topic but i cant hold myself...two almost same kind of orals !! like running eq and deca in the same cycle ,

Quote Originally Posted by thai-lan View Post
    lol i know off topic but i cant hold myself...two almost same kind of orals !! like running eq and deca in the same cycle ,
    same?..eq and deca are not the same dear..one keeps you lean and other bulks you up..tbol and var both keep you lean,no water weight my friend..one is know to be a muscle builder with increase in libido where as the other gives you strength,tight vascular muscles with an aid to fat loss...want more

Do you see anything wrong with having green tea (w/ splenda) with either of these meals?:
    1 cup of oatmeal, 1 can chunk lite tuna, 3 egg whites, and 1 tbls of fish oil
    or
    10 oz of grilled chicken breast with broc or a spinach salad

Thanks for your help!

sizerp is offline Banned
    Do you see anything wrong with having green tea (w/ splenda) with either of these meals?:
    1 cup of oatmeal, 1 can chunk lite tuna, 3 egg whites, and 1 tbls of fish oil
    or
    10 oz of grilled chicken breast with broc or a spinach salad

Thanks for your help!
    I see no problem with drinking the green tea with the first meal you mentioned. However, the second one has leafy greens, and the tannins will inhibit the full potential of non-heme absorption there.

After your second meal, wait 30 minute- 1 hour and have the tea!

mmmm green tea... good stuff!

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    same?..eq and deca are not the same dear..one keeps you lean and other bulks you up..tbol and var both keep you lean,no water weight my friend..one is know to be a muscle builder with increase in libido where as the other gives you strength,tight vascular muscles with an aid to fat loss...want more
    what is up with that avatar? lol

dear? im not your dear !!! i never said var and tbol are same as eq and deca . i said running two similiar compounds like running eq and deca together in a same cycle

Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    what is up with that avatar? lol
    he's an elite b-boy AKA Bellydancing boy and thats his elite picture

Quote Originally Posted by thai-lan View Post
    he's an elite b-boy aka bellydancing boy and thats his elite picture
    ha ha..thats the son i had with your girlfriend when i put her iN the a s s

Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    what is up with that avatar? Lol
    same like yours but a bit less petrified about HOW TO POSE FOR A PICTURE...WHATS UP WITH YOUR AVTAR BRO..KANYE WEST ON ELECTRIC SHOTS
    Last edited by ganu; 06-24-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information