Thread: empty calories

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

Lightbulb empty calories

I am on a good diet right (perfected by phate and many others) and I am not gaining like I should be. I feel that my body plows through food way to quickly and maybe even does not absorb nutrients as well as other people. I was thinking of implementing empty calories in between meals to give my overall caloric intake a boost. I was thinking of drinking gatorade in between meals to give my body more fuel. My body runs very well on sugar and I need very little of it. I tried this once with a diet that was not as good as the one I am on now and I started to gain fat. So I guess I am asking: If my diet is good and I am still not gaining, then is there a way to utilize empty calories so that I will gain weight (quality weight). ps. I am on cycle of 100mgs of testosterone propionate injected every day.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    why would you want to have empty calories, you started to gain fat previously by doing this.. go figure most people would.. i have the solution

EAT MORE!

I am eating as much as I can. I added two meals to my diet and also get up at 5am to eat. I can't eat more without eq. so it would be useless and there is no way to utilize empty calories?

I am just talking about gatorade in between meals to give my body plenty of sugar to run on. that way I hopefully am not breaking down muscle and proteins to use as energy and the protein can be used for better purposes

well.. whats your BMR, stats, how many cals and macros are you eating per day, metabolism?

MEAL 1
    5 egg whites 14.3g protein, 1.2g carbs, 85.5 calories, 2.5 fat cal
    2 whole eggs 12.3g protein, 1.3g carbs, 166.9 calories, 110.1 fat cal
    1 cup oatmeal 6.1g protein, 25.4g carbs, 145.3 calories, 20 fat cal
    32.7g protein, 27.9g carbs, 266.7 calories – 132.6 from fat
    Optional: lean protein shake

MEAL 2
    6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast 31.9g protein, og carbs, 211 calories, 75.2 fat cal
    1 cup broccoli 4.4g protein, 13.2g carbs, 102.6 calories, 44.5 fat cal
    36.3g protein, 13.2g carbs, 313.6 calories, 139.7 fat cal
    add brown rice

WORKOUT

PWO NUTRITION
    Bcaa, atleast 40g protein, carbs – all from protein shake/ vitamins

MEAL 3
    4oz deli turkey 15.3g protein, 8.7g carbs, 127 calories, 30.6 fat cal
    2 slices whole wheat bread 5.7g protein, 24.5g carbs, 137.8 calories, 17 fat cal
    tomato slice .18g protein, .78g carbs, 3.6 calories, .33 fat cal
    21.18g protein, 33.98 carbs, 268.4 calories, 47.93 fat cal

MEAL 4
    Lean steak 8oz 67.7g protein, 0g carbs, 424 Calories, 135.6 fat cal
    1 cup brown rice 14.2g protein, 144.7g carbs, 687.8 calories, 42.6 fat cal
    81.9g protein, 144.7g carbs, 1,111.8 calories, 178.2 fat cal

Total: 162.08g protein, 219.78g carbs, 1960.5 calories, 498.43 fat cal

BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kilos) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
    Bmr = 66 + (13.7 x 70.3068065) + (5 x 172.72) – (6.8 x 21)
    66 + 963.203249 + 863.6 – 142.8

BMR = 1,750.00325
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375
    - If you are Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)
    1,750.00325 x 1.375 = 2,406.25447

daily caloric need – 2,406.25447

I also added meals not on this diet but look similar to these meals. plus my calculations are rounded down. I usually eat a pound of chicken and two 8oz steaks but I put what my diet would look like on a day with minimal eating.
    Genetics: bad! super skinny. I would guess that I am about 125 lbs without working out and still eating a shit load. when I don't workout I lose weight not gain weight. ex. got teeth pulled and couldn't eat anything but liquids for three days and lost 6 punds in those three days

yea you could be eating alot more then i could see if you were eating 4-5k calories a dahy but your eating liek nothing.. thats why your not gaining. try jacking up calories by 500 and gettign more carbs pre and post workout. your not distributing protein well one meal is 21g and another 81?

sizerp is offline Banned
    I agree with eatrainrest - you're fairly active, and 2,406 kcal would be for maintaining your current LBM. You need more especially if you have a fast metabolism. Try increasing your kcal intake as suggested previously. Come back 1 month and tell me you've gained some ; -)

I am only 155lbs. I don't think my body will take all 81 grams of protein. Wouldn't like 30g each meal be sufficient. Anything else is just better. Also I am
    Only awake about ten hours. So you think just eating more. Any ideas on how I an can eat all that? Like do you know any meals that are very dense in calories and nutrients but are not large foods? If that makes sense. I am saying I eat till I almost puke. Sometimes to then eat all over again. I have a space issue being only 155lbs can't eat like a 250lb body builder. I try though.

sizerp is offline Banned
    It is a process- if you're moderately active, even awake for only 10 hours, you should multiply your BMR by 1.50 or 1.55, not 1.35 as you have it.

So - over the process of 2 weeks minimum, by eating a lot like you are, and training correctly, you should gain some muscle mass and increase your metabolism.

Eat like crazy till you almost puke if that's the case, do it for 4-6 weeks and train, then try not eating like that one day and you'll be starving trust me.

It just takes time.

What kind of split do you do right now?

Also, read Ronnie's artcile about Slingshotting and you'll understand the importance of cycling your diet and routines. Hope this helps.

in regards to your protein intake per meal.. should be no more than 1.5g IMO, and should be equally distributed throughout all meals.

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    in regards to your protein intake per meal.. should be no more than 1.5g IMO, and should be equally distributed throughout all meals.
    Q1 what does this mean 1.5g?
    Q2 What are some meals that are packed with nutrients but is not a lot of food? any ideas? this would greatly help. like if your stomach was 1/4 the size it is now what would you eat?
    Ok I will try to eat more. I don't think I physically can though. I also read all ronnies stuff thanks guys

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Q1 what does this mean 1.5g?
    Q2 What are some meals that are packed with nutrients but is not a lot of food? any ideas? this would greatly help. like if your stomach was 1/4 the size it is now what would you eat?
    Ok I will try to eat more. I don't think I physically can though. I also read all ronnies stuff thanks guys
    1.5g of protein per pound of lean body mass.

Try taking your oats, regular quaker oats, and grinding them in a coffee grinder into powder - drink them down with some water. Much easier than eating a fully cooked cup.

thanks bro. any ideas like this appreciated

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    so your 155 and on a test cycle? how tall are you? your obviously not eating nearly enough, you should have worked out a diet that you knew youd gain on BEFORE starting steroids ...

lol I don't gain on any diet (without aas). I have some genetic issues that I have to deal with (not a cop out, internal issues). I have been on this site a long time and know diet training sleeping make up 98% of gains. some of us are not as blessed genetically as others. I seem to have gotten the worst from both parents. thanks for the concern though.

Thread Information