time 4 a *CHANGE* is offline Associate Member

need info. im obese

im 19, 5-6, around 250, and have 41% bf. i plan on using steroids and from what i hear your diet has to be down pat before even thinking about steroids. so can someone point me in the right direction. PLEASE HELP.
    Last edited by time 4 a *CHANGE*; 06-14-2009 at 03:27 PM.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by time 4 a *CHANGE* View Post
    im 19, 5-6, around 250, and have 41% bf. i plan on using steroids and from what i hear your diet has to be down pat before even thinking about steroids. so can someone point me in the right direction. PLEASE HELP.
    Yeah - diet and training should be down, as well as BF%. So - with that said... lets get a bit more information.

What do you train like? And how often?

If you want to shred fat, your diet needs fewer calories from carbs and lipid than from protein.

Based on your stats - after some number crunching. BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) Equation is this:
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 x LBM in KG) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x yrs of age)

(BMR = 66 + [13.7 x 67kg] + [5 x 168cm] - [6.8 x 19yrs.]) = 1,694 kcal.

So with aprox. 1,700 kcal to maintain your current LBM, lets say you're moderately active - which means working out 3-5 days per week (Minimum for any steroidal ambitions) - and multiply BMR by 1.5.

1,694 x 1.5 = 2,541 kcal to maintain.

Now lets subtract 200-500 kcal from this for cutting, and then devide our macros.

2,541 - 500 = 2,041.

So at a LBM (Lean Body Mass) of 147lb (67kg) you're going to want at least 1.5g of protein/lb. So 147 x 1.5 = 220g. There's 4 calories per gram of protein and carbohyrate (9 cal per gram of lipid or fat).

220 x 4 = 880 calories.

2,041 x .43 = 877 = 43% protein (close enough to 220 grams [or 880 cal].

43% pro / 42% carb. / 15% fat (lipid)
    219g pro / 214g carb. / 34g fat (lipid)
    880 cal / 857 cal / 306 cal
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Devide daily totals into meals
    Lets say 6-8 meals.

Below are macros for what you should include in each meal.

219/6 = 36.5g pro.
    214/6 = 35.6g carb.
    34/6 = 5.6g lipid

Meal 1 : Breakfast
    1 whole egg (7g pro, 0g carb, 5g fat)
    10 egg whites ( 30g pro, 0g carb, 0 fat)
    3/4C oats (34g carb, 0 fat)

Now, you get the point. Continue to plan the other 5 meals for your day and you'll be golden. When planning, chose healthy wholistic foods with a good complex base for carbohydrate, and low fat/sodium content for protein.

By including olive oil, fish oil, and flax oil into your diet, it will help with basic nutritional needs such as O M E G A S 3,6,9 (EFA, essential fatty acids) which are important for building and maintaining healthy muscle fibers (Along with a vast array of other health and benefits).

Lastly - don't forget greens. 2-3 servings of healthy veggies will count as fibrous carbohydrate that will aid in digestion, not to mention the nutritional content, eat them preferably after your workout - you don't need them first thing in the morning really (your chocie). This is a good way to incorporate the EFAs into your meal plan.

**Forgot to mention (plan on eating meals 2.5 - 3 hours apart, depending on how may hours your awake for).

Hope this helps! Regards.
    Last edited by sizerp; 06-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Yeah - diet and training should be down, as well as BF%. So - with that said... lets get a bit more information.

What do you train like? And how often?

If you want to shred fat, your diet needs fewer calories from carbs and lipid than from protein.

Based on your stats - after some number crunching. BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) Equation is this:
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 x LBM in KG) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x yrs of age)

(BMR = 66 + [13.7 x 67kg] + [5 x 168cm] - [6.8 x 19yrs.]) = 1,694 kcal.

So with aprox. 1,700 kcal to maintain your current LBM, lets say you're moderately active - which means working out 3-5 days per week (Minimum for any steroidal ambitions) - and multiply BMR by 1.5.

1,694 x 1.5 = 2,541 kcal to maintain.

Now lets subtract 200-500 kcal from this for cutting, and then devide our macros.

2,541 - 500 = 2,041.

So at a LBM (Lean Body Mass) of 147lb (67kg) you're going to want at least 1.5g of protein/lb. So 147 x 1.5 = 220g. There's 4 calories per gram of protein and carbohyrate (9 cal per gram of lipid or fat).

220 x 4 = 880 calories.

2,041 x .43 = 877 = 43% protein (close enough to 220 grams [or 880 cal].

43% pro / 42% carb. / 15% fat (lipid)
    219g pro / 214g carb. / 34g fat (lipid)
    880 cal / 857 cal / 306 cal
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Devide daily totals into meals
    Lets say 6-8 meals.

Below are macros for what you should include in each meal.

219/6 = 36.5g pro.
    214/6 = 35.6g carb.
    34/6 = 5.6g lipid

Meal 1 : Breakfast
    1 whole egg (7g pro, 0g carb, 5g fat)
    10 egg whites ( 30g pro, 0g carb, 0 fat)
    3/4C oats (34g carb, 0 fat)

Now, you get the point. Continue to plan the other 5 meals for your day and you'll be golden. When planning, chose healthy wholistic foods with a good complex base for carbohydrate, and low fat/sodium content for protein.

By including olive oil, fish oil, and flax oil into your diet, it will help with basic nutritional needs such as O M E G A S 3,6,9 (EFA, essential fatty acids) which are important for building and maintaining healthy muscle fibers (Along with a vast array of other health and benefits).

Lastly - don't forget greens. 2-3 servings of healthy veggies will count as fibrous carbohydrate that will aid in digestion, not to mention the nutritional content, eat them preferably after your workout - you don't need them first thing in the morning really (your chocie). This is a good way to incorporate the EFAs into your meal plan.

**Forgot to mention (plan on eating meals 2.5 - 3 hours apart, depending on how may hours your awake for).

Hope this helps! Regards.
    yes it has. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. regular nutrionists told me take far less grams of protein in a day and something told that could not be true if i want to build muscle. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

sizerp is offline Banned
    yes it has. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. regular nutrionists told me take far less grams of protein in a day and something told that could not be true if i want to build muscle. THANK YOU THANK YOU.
    You're welcome. Try this out for a couple weeks - then adjust your diet accordinly with new numbers as you start to decrease your BF%. After every couple weeks your body will adjust it's metabolism if you're consistent with diet.

Also - when training remember to include cardio regularly. I'd recommend morning cardio - wake up drinnk 25-30g of whey protein with water (no carbs here), then low intensity speed walking, jogging, biking, elliptical, or whichever for 30-60 minutes x3-5+ days a week.

If you formulate a diet plan - post it up, with as accurate macros as possible and we'll critique it back for you!

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    You're welcome. Try this out for a couple weeks - then adjust your diet accordinly with new numbers as you start to decrease your BF%. After every couple weeks your body will adjust it's metabolism if you're consistent with diet.

Also - when training remember to include cardio regularly. I'd recommend morning cardio - wake up drinnk 25-30g of whey protein with water (no carbs here), then low intensity speed walking, jogging, biking, elliptical, or whichever for 30-60 minutes x3-5+ days a week.

If you formulate a diet plan - post it up, with as accurate macros as possible and we'll critique it back for you!
    is it alright if my protein powder has 4g in it?

sizerp is offline Banned
    is it alright if my protein powder has 4g in it?
    Yeah that's fine - 4g of carb (I assume) is 16calories which can be burned off quite easily.

However straight up Whey Protein is great for future - most has 0g carbs for simple caloric planning.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!

Orlando Rocket is offline Junior Member
    Steroids are the last thing that you should be thinking about. I was in your exact same position a few years ago (5' 9.5'', 25 yrs now, was 273lbs of lard then) now I'm a pretty hard 190, stronger than I ever have been, and still trying to get even leaner (I'm still 100% natty).

Eat a good clean diet that is composed of real food (don't focus on supplements right now) in the proper combinations at the right time, learn about foods GI and how it affects the body.

Keep track of your maco nutrients! Don't just count calories, know where they come from, and by this I don't mean "it was from a carbohydrate", know what kind of carb (ex: complex fibrous carb, complex starchy carb)

Start lifting NOW and don't loose more than 2-3lbs of fat a week. You don't want to loose any muscle if possible, you'd just end up being a smaller fat person.

Read, read, then read some more, if you really educated and apply yourself you should be able to gain a little muscle during your weight loss.

Get your BF down to about 10% so you can incorporate a bulking diet, train with weights for a few more years, THEN if your not happy with your body add the gear. You're only 19 and still have lots to learn, be patient and work hard.

Good luck bro, fall in love with the lifestyle (diet and exercise) and the results will come.

i know the guy in the dvd videos said to get protein from different protein sources because of getting allergic, but would it be allright to get all protein from shakes, like 23g? for ex. 1 to 1 and half hours?

i know the guy in the dvd videos said to get protein from different protein sources because of getting allergic, but would it be allright to get all protein from shakes, like 23g? for ex. 1 to 1 and half hours?
    first of all, you just answered your own question. 2nd of all shakes cannot substitute for food, that simple

sorry, that question just came across my mind.

Orlando Rocket is offline Junior Member
    Once you implement proper diet and stick to it (2-4 months down the road) you'll start to look forward to eating "health food". Lean steak, chicken, oatmeal, eggs, broccoli, I love em all and can't wait to eat them (during the proper times of course), I never thought that I would catch myself saying that a few years ago but your taste for food will adapt to your diet. Mix it up, add some hot sauce or spices, but the real food will fill you up and provide the best results (it took me a while to realize this), you don't want to drink shakes all day, they get boring and don't fill you up at all, nor do they have half of the benefits of real food. Don't get me wrong there's a time when shakes are beneficial but a good clean diet and eating habits are irreplaceable.

sorry, that question just came across my mind.
    dont be sorry, be glad you asked lol

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Rocket View Post
    Once you implement proper diet and stick to it (2-4 months down the road) you'll start to look forward to eating "health food". Lean steak, chicken, oatmeal, eggs, broccoli, I love em all and can't wait to eat them (during the proper times of course), I never thought that I would catch myself saying that a few years ago but your taste for food will adapt to your diet. Mix it up, add some hot sauce or spices, but the real food will fill you up and provide the best results (it took me a while to realize this), you don't want to drink shakes all day, they get boring and don't fill you up at all, nor do they have half of the benefits of real food. Don't get me wrong there's a time when shakes are beneficial but a good clean diet and eating habits are irreplaceable.
    Well said, I think the point about wanting to eat what you are eating is important. You taste WILL change! Keep at it!

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Well done fellas.

Thread Information