eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    is all that extra bitchin really necessary, just simply say
    " state your reasons for why milk should be drank"
    instead of being a dick

1. good/ quick source of liquid protein
    2. great source of calcium which results in stronger bones long term
    3. Milk is a nutrient dense food that is a "good" or "excellent" source of 9 essential nutrients, including protein, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins A, D and B12, riboflavin and niacin - not suggesting there aren't better sources to get these things from

and people suggest not to take it due to sugar, i understand all foods have pros and cons.. just like tuna vs mercury intake

but nobody recommends to stop eating tuna when FDA makes them warn us on their can about their mercury which is a poison.

--basically weigh pros and cons, see how your body reacts to sugar intake, try to remove it. trial and error, im satisfied with my results and i drink milk very often, its my only sugar intake. pros outweigh the cons to me obviously
    P.S
    Arnold in his "encyclopedia of body building" specifically suggest in all 3 of the diets he gives, for people to drink 8oz of milk
    even though he does mention milk is for babies in pumping iron

good enough explanation bino?

Actually it would be good if it were true. I suppose you didnt read my post at all. Milk IS PASTUERIZED...all those nutrients you speak of are boiled off and the amount you get is minimal.

Calcium? Ok and if milk is where we need to get calcium from then were do cows get their calcium? Hmmm could it be GRASS? Yup, green foods have MUCH better sources of caclium than milk EVER WILL.

Lets go on more about the calcium...if milk were such a great source of calcium..I mean you claim it is so lets just listen to you for a second.

If it is such a great source of calcium, than why in North America, where we are the LEADING CONSUMERS of dairy do we also have the highest rates of osteoporosis?

So, the nutrients are boiled off, the calcium is poorly absorbed. What else should we go in to?

You say its a good quick source of liquid protein? Ok, well I dont even know what to say here. Why is liquid protein good? You realize you body LIKES to diges tsolid foods right? Why do you think we take babies off liquid diets when their immune systems and digestive tracts are fully developed? Because its better for you plain and simple.
    The protein in milk isnt even absorbed as well as with meats or eggs.

So you made 3 points all of which have little validity or proof to back them up. So when you ask..is this good enough Bino, sorry I will have to decline.

But if you still think Im a dick I'll sing you a little song so you can drink your milk and go to bed

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    thats incorrect arnolds schwazengger's encycolpedia or modern body building was released in 1998, just to prove another milk hater wrong
    i aint a milk hater haha, thats just stupid.

as if i care what people, what works for you may not work for others.

Also i advice acording to past experience and past experience tells me milk is a no go zone for me, due to many issues came up while i was taking it.

Also that book could be brought out in 2025, it still could have old info in it.

what if you're on creatine by the way?

don't mix with carbonated drinks because of the sugars you guys would say?
    Carbonated drinks?

I sure hope you dont just get your calcium from milk or you are gonna be in trouble drinking those. You realize they are acidic and leach calcium from your bones right?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Actually it would be good if it were true. I suppose you didnt read my post at all. Milk IS PASTUERIZED...all those nutrients you speak of are boiled off and the amount you get is minimal.

Calcium? Ok and if milk is where we need to get calcium from then were do cows get their calcium? Hmmm could it be GRASS? Yup, green foods have MUCH better sources of caclium than milk EVER WILL.

Lets go on more about the calcium...if milk were such a great source of calcium..I mean you claim it is so lets just listen to you for a second.

If it is such a great source of calcium, than why in North America, where we are the LEADING CONSUMERS of dairy do we also have the highest rates of osteoporosis?

So, the nutrients are boiled off, the calcium is poorly absorbed. What else should we go in to?

You say its a good quick source of liquid protein? Ok, well I dont even know what to say here. Why is liquid protein good? You realize you body LIKES to diges tsolid foods right? Why do you think we take babies off liquid diets when their immune systems and digestive tracts are fully developed? Because its better for you plain and simple.

So you made 3 points all of which have little validity or proof to back them up. So when you ask..is this good enough Bino, sorry I will have to decline.

But if you still think Im a dick I'll sing you a little song so you can drink your milk and go to bed
    throw him a little of cocolate in his milk, so he can sleep happy.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    every food is gonna have cons to it , to me the pros of milk outweigh the cons thats all im saying

for people to claim milk is useless which means it has ZERO benefits, they're just ignoring the facts, clearly it does and clearly it has its cons also just like every other food

i can google milk benefits and post up a bunch of links and have the same exact counter argument
    I don't think it's fair to say that milk has zero benefits; but PASTURIZED milk has substantially less benefits than organic raw milk does. the cons of drinking pasturized milk outweigh the pros; which is why most people do not recommend it. Especially since there are other foods you can eat instead that provide way more benefits and none of the cons.
    Last edited by Polska; 06-23-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Godson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    does it matter???

you were quick to jump on somebody pointing out they were wrong in an attempt to discredit them and their argument ....when in fact you were wrong....

its one thing to be wrong...totally another when you try and slam somebody else for being wrong when your info is bogus itself....

your blender is calling you....MIIIIILLLLLLKSHAKE...MIIILLLLLLLKSHAKE
    im drinking milk right now, am i gonna be poisoned?

i was clearly not wrong, he REVISED his book in 1998 and ranks MILK yes MILK #4 as the most complete protein pg 704, and yes this is the revised copy in 1998, how am i wrong?

1998 is when he released the REVISED copy, therefore 1998 is the release date with updated material
    Last edited by Godson; 06-23-2009 at 11:22 PM.

why is protein a good quick source of liquid protein?
    you mean besides that its a complete protein? it provides all 8 essential amino acids to produce useable protein ,

let me repeat, milk is considered a complete protein
    along with eggs, meat, fish.

the total Net protein utilized from milk is 82%
    its only second to eggs ( whole ) which is 94%
    with fish coming in third for 80%

but you're gonna reply saying its garbage, is this enough proof to convince you that its a great source of protein ?

you can bash the nutrients in milk all you want.. i didnt say they were the best sources to get your nutrients from, but i said that it does in fact have contain those nutrients which makes it far from "useless "

how can one of the top complete protein sources ever be completely useless?

damn this milk shake is good

sizerp is offline Banned

i was clearly not wrong, he REVISED his book in 1998 and ranks MILK yes MILK #4 as the most complete protein pg 704, and yes this is the revised copy in 1998, how am i wrong?

1998 is when he released the REVISED copy, therefore 1998 is the release date with updated material
    That information is 10+ years old. Also, do you believe everything you read? Does he do scientific studies in this book? Just curious, not trying to be rude.

Berserker88 is offline Associate Member
    Guys, what is your opinion then on raw milk?

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    That information is 10+ years old. Also, do you believe everything you read? Does he do scientific studies in this book? Just curious, not trying to be rude.
    im sure milk didnt make a dramatic leap backwards in the last 10 years from its nutritional value ..it still has those 9 " burned out " nutrients according to bino, and it still is a complete protein, with all 8 amino acids

and its arnold schwarzenegger, if you don't believe him in diet and lifting who can you trust? he wrote his book with Jerzy W. Meduski who has a P.H.D, who gave his nutritional advice

do i believe everything i read? from a 6 time mr olympia, yea i guess i do..
    its funny you say that to me when i clearly have a valid source and not to somebody randomly claiming all milks nutrients are burned , who got it from some google website

i just wanted to point out that this logic is very flawed Bino

youre saying

If milk is a great source of calcium then if u drink it you shouldnt get osteoporosis

lets reverse that to see if its logical

if you dont have osteoporosis, then you drink milk

you see why that argument is never correct ? milk or calcium dont have a direct correlation with causing or preventing osteoporosis, im just saying it helps and it has calcium

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member

lmao

DUDE..u didnt even REALIZE it was REVISED until I told you!!!

smh....

if you're the new spokesperson for Milk id hate to be a dairy farmer...whats gonna be the new slogan...

"Milk, does a body good, cuz with an IQ like mine, i need the muscles"

i just went from wanting to flame you, to feeling sorry for you....

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker88 View Post
    Guys, what is your opinion then on raw milk?
    way better than the milk you buy in the grocery store....

but i prefer Tall cows...short cows drag their teets in the manure and i can never get the poop taste outta my mouth...plus i got a bad back so i can get to the taller cows udders easier...
    Last edited by thabeastmaster; 06-24-2009 at 10:24 AM.

but i prefer Tall cows...short cows drag their teets in the manure and i can never get the poop taste outta my mouth...plus i got a bad back so i can get to the taller cows utters easier...

whats even your counter argument, just bashing mine?
    are you claiming milk is useless like some of the others ? or that its a media conspiracy like you claimed in your earlier post which is just silly
    are you saying it has no benefits at all ? do you disagree with all the points i made on why milk is beneficial ?

or your single point in this thread is that arnolds revised book was release in 1985 instead of 1998 ?

you aren't adding knowledge to this thread what so ever, you're just being a idiot, delete your account and spare us from your 81 posts, make sure your gf keeps giving that 2 year old of hers milk.. its does a body good
    Last edited by Godson; 06-24-2009 at 09:23 AM.

but i prefer Tall cows...short cows drag their teets in the manure and i can never get the poop taste outta my mouth...plus i got a bad back so i can get to the taller cows utters easier...
    It's illegal in aus, but some beauty stores sell it in normal milk containers, including a use by date as a "skin" product haha. Its un-pastur and un-homo'd (hah!). not quite as raw as the milk u were talking about :O

whats even your counter argument, just bashing mine?
    YOU DONT EVEN HAVE AN ARGUMENT!! Unless you consider reading the benefits listed on the side of a carton of milk an argument...silly boy...

are you claiming milk is useless like some of the others ? or that its a media conspiracy like you claimed in your earlier post which is just silly

Silly? LOL...so you're saying that whatever you hear on TV is right? Ur saying that it is a silly suggestion that the Dairy Industry's special interest group has spent millions to promote the sale of Dairy products ...MILK...in the United States...REGARDLESS of possible negatives associated with milk? If so, then you are incredibly naive and ignorant (not that that wasn't obvious from your other posts).....FYI...in the United States there are chemicals, hormones, and drugs added to the milk that are BANNNNNED....YES...PROHIBITED...NOT ALLOWED...to be used in most other countries INCLUDING THE ENTIRE EUROPEAN UNION.....they dont say that in the commercial...common...

are you saying it has no benefits at all ? do you disagree with all the points i made on why milk is beneficial ?

YES I DO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON ALL POINTS....the processing of milk makes its nutrients non usable or SEVERELY degraded which inhibits their absorption and utilization in the human body.....milk has no benefits other than the mustache it gives you....

or your single point in this thread is that arnolds revised book was release in 1985 instead of 1998 ?

nope that wasn't my single point...but it was very insightful with regards to your utter ignorance and inability to even read the inside cover of a book properly

you aren't adding knowledge to this thread what so ever, you're just being a idiot, delete your account and spare us from your 81 posts, make sure your gf keeps giving that 2 year old of hers milk.. its does a body good

funny how the guy who's entire argument was read of the side of a milk carton is calling ME an idiot....

ok....MilkMan....if you are under the age of 21 then by all means, i apologize for being so .....so.....unforgiving of your ignorance.....and i do apologize because i should be trying to EDUCATE you instead of flaming you.....

BUT...if you arent....then FLAME ON ....and i pray you dont breed because that type of ignorance might be genetic......after seeing the movie IDIOCRACY i'm terrified of people like you....

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker88 View Post
    It's illegal in aus, but some beauty stores sell it in normal milk containers, including a use by date as a "skin" product haha. Its un-pastur and un-homo'd (hah!). not quite as raw as the milk u were talking about :O
    if it aint from tha titty, than its just plain $hitty

hehehehe

Udder Lovin

now thats how you drink milk boys......

im sure milk didnt make a dramatic leap backwards in the last 10 years from its nutritional value ..it still has those 9 " burned out " nutrients according to bino, and it still is a complete protein, with all 8 amino acids

and its arnold schwarzenegger, if you don't believe him in diet and lifting who can you trust? he wrote his book with Jerzy W. Meduski who has a P.H.D, who gave his nutritional advice

do i believe everything i read? from a 6 time mr olympia, yea i guess i do..
    its funny you say that to me when i clearly have a valid source and not to somebody randomly claiming all milks nutrients are burned , who got it from some google website
    You better not DARE be saying I get my info from google you insignificant prick. What are you 170lbs?

And your valid source is what...Arnold? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ya cuz Arnold was a nutritionist wasnt he? You have ZERO credibility when it comes to nutrition and clearly NO nutritional education.

I will not reply anymore in the thread because you are just embarrassing to have at this website. You have absolutely no valid information in any of your posts and you claim milk is great but get your information from Arnold's book and from milk commercials.

Go read some textbooks or scientific studies or maybe gain a little bit of muscle so you dont look like a highschool girl, then people can take you seriously.

I stand corrected...I see you're a whopping 155lbs.

GO MILK!

ok....MilkMan....if you are under the age of 21 then by all means, i apologize for being so .....so.....unforgiving of your ignorance.....and i do apologize because i should be trying to EDUCATE you instead of flaming you.....

BUT...if you arent....then FLAME ON ....and i pray you dont breed because that type of ignorance might be genetic......after seeing the movie IDIOCRACY i'm terrified of people like you....

hmm did you make a point in any one of your post yet? get your gf on here, if shes feeding her baby milk she knows more than you obviously

You better not DARE be saying I get my info from google you insignificant prick. What are you 170lbs?

And your valid source is what...Arnold? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ya cuz Arnold was a nutritionist wasnt he? You have ZERO credibility when it comes to nutrition and clearly NO nutritional education.

I will not reply anymore in the thread because you are just embarrassing to have at this website. You have absolutely no valid information in any of your posts and you claim milk is great but get your information from Arnold's book and from milk commercials.

Go read some textbooks or scientific studies or maybe gain a little bit of muscle so you dont look like a highschool girl, then people can take you seriously.

you people are pathetic, did you counter argue anything i said? which part of my last claim was incorrect?

what pissed you off more ?

that i destroyed your milk argument, citing why milk is a complete protein
    or that ridiculous logic you tried to pull with osteoporosis in america?

and you're saying arnold isn't a valid source? did i not say he wrote his book with help from a PH.D/M.D for his nutritional advice? or do you wanna ignore that fact too
    i think arnold knows a little something about nutrition, and why do you guys keep talking about milk commercials?

do you wanna deny that milk is a complete protein ? or is that invalid information also? why is it invalid if you think so, your just ignoring the facts?

your response wasn't an argument just more of the same, bitching because i clearly destroyed your point

before i posted on this thread ppl were convinced because of ignorant dicks like you milk is useless, it was stated multiple times, now that they got some knowledge from somebody that doesn't use google, i dont see anybody claiming milk isn't beneficial, just talkin shit cause they cant counter my points

take your tampon out , switch from google to yahoo and come back with a real opinion

maybe i weigh 155lb, cause i box and thats my weight class

come back with an actual point next time

sizerp is offline Banned
    Godson - you need to RE-READ this entire thread, and maybe then you'll see the validity of our argument.

Check out this website for some medical journals: It may intrigue you.

www.pubmed.com

There have been numerous studies done on the down-sides of milk and dairy in general. If you wish to ignore that and call us names, go for it, you're the one losing out. GL man.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Godson - you need to RE-READ this entire thread, and maybe then you'll see the validity of our argument.

Check out this website for some medical journals: It may intrigue you.

www.pubmed.com

There have been numerous studies done on the down-sides of milk and dairy in general. If you wish to ignore that and call us names, go for it, you're the one losing out. GL man.
    Dont bother responding to him anymore. He read Arnold's book so he is smarter than all of us.

I clearly stated the denaturing of enzymes, immunoglobulins, B vitamins and other water soluble nutrients. The piss poor obsorption and usable form of calcium in it and the fact that liquid proteins are not meant for our digestive tracts and make for lessened peristalsis in the lowe GI tract.

But remember, he read Arnold's book and saw a suggestion for milk so he has all the answers now. Then he says we can't counter his arguments. I didnt even see any valid arguments. He made a few and I shut them all down then he comes back and says we can't prove him wrong. He thought he was cool cuz he "proved" milk was a complete protein source LOL proved it? Anything with essential amino acids is a complete protein, hell quinoa is a complete protein, maybe that should be one of our protein sources lol cluelss shit.

So I would give the advice to put him on your ignore list, and anyone else who wants solid nutritional advice I would suggest the same.

But hey if you wanna be a 155lb boxer pony up and drink some milk. Me? I prefer to weight more than the average grade 8 kid.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Interesting read guys, try not to lock it lol.

So, the regular milk I buy at the store is pasteurized. Is organic milk pasteurized? Or does it have to be organic pure milk, or is there even a difference between organic and organic pure?

Also, I buy liquid egg whites that are pasteurized. Does that make them have less nutrients, vitamins, etc?

sizerp is offline Banned
    There are two ways to pasteurize milk - HSTS (High-temp, short-time), and UHT (Ultra-High Temp), or Ultra-Pasteurized (UP). You can look on the carton to see whether your milk is HSTS or UP.

HSTS is achieved using a temperature to heat the milk at 120-162 degrees for about 3-15 seconds. UP, they use an even higher temperature for even shorter period of time. The whole point of pasteurization is to allow the milk to stay fresh for a longer period of time, without added preservatives.

REAL MILK is Raw milk. Even organic can be pasteurized and still be organic. So, if you MUST drink milk - get the raw stuff.

It's not so much the pasteurization, or homogenization, but what's INSIDE of milk and dairy products, that make it unhealthy and addictive. There are numerous scientific studies and plenty of scientific research done on FOOD, and the cause and effect it has on the human body. Go read some!

There's always hype in the media about how unpasteurized (raw) milk can increase the risk of Salmonella... And puh-lease! For most of us, who eat upwards of a dozen or more eggs in 1 day, the fear of Salmonella has been pretty much eradicated.

I imagine the same goes for eggs that are pasteurized. They've basically already been denatured through heat exposure, thus altering the nutrient composition, color, flavor, and texture.

That's why when you cook up a cup of egg beaters, it's fluffy and yellow; unlike real organic O M E G A eggs which are almost pure white, and usually not as fluffy.

You're ALWAYS better off eating organic, unpasteurized foods. However, that isn't always a reality for convenience and expenses sake. Awareness is key though. No Nutricide for you!

im going to have to join bino and move on.....it was fun for a moment, but this kid's ignorance can only be laughed at for so long before it gets annoying...add in the fact that he is oblivious to sizerp's and binos PLETHORA of really good, and INTELLIGENTLY presented information....and he got a lil hostile when i corrected him about correcting somebody else......yeah, time to move on....

i hope Aus got some info for his originally question....this kinda got away from that, (and yes i contributed greatly to that! i just always loved to pin the tail on the donkey..cant help it)

yeah time for me to move on also
    BUT............ just before i do
    check this out.

farina vs traditional oats

post number six in that thread.

im going to have to join bino and move on.....it was fun for a moment, but this kid's ignorance can only be laughed at for so long before it gets annoying...add in the fact that he is oblivious to sizerp's and binos PLETHORA of really good, and INTELLIGENTLY presented information....and he got a lil hostile when i corrected him about correcting somebody else......yeah, time to move on....

i hope Aus got some info for his originally question....this kinda got away from that, (and yes i contributed greatly to that! i just always loved to pin the tail on the donkey..cant help it)
    Lets talk about xlxBigSexyxlx display pic instead...

you were sticking up for me bro
    got my back...

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    yeah time for me to move on also
    BUT............ just before i do
    check this out.

farina vs traditional oats

post number six in that thread.
    i dont know why wheat bread is better then white, or what GI means, but when it comes to milk i know EVERYTHING...

haha good catch collar

u should be more worried about your gf feeding that 2 year old kid that isnt yours ( sounds like somebody already pinned the nail on that donkey) that milk which has no benefits to the body at all, and actually causes more damage than good, save that baby from milk destruction
    Last edited by Godson; 06-24-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Dont bother responding to him anymore. He read Arnold's book so he is smarter than all of us.

I clearly stated the denaturing of enzymes, immunoglobulins, B vitamins and other water soluble nutrients. The piss poor obsorption and usable form of calcium in it and the fact that liquid proteins are not meant for our digestive tracts and make for lessened peristalsis in the lowe GI tract.

But remember, he read Arnold's book and saw a suggestion for milk so he has all the answers now. Then he says we can't counter his arguments. I didnt even see any valid arguments. He made a few and I shut them all down then he comes back and says we can't prove him wrong. He thought he was cool cuz he "proved" milk was a complete protein source LOL proved it? Anything with essential amino acids is a complete protein, hell quinoa is a complete protein, maybe that should be one of our protein sources lol cluelss shit.

So I would give the advice to put him on your ignore list, and anyone else who wants solid nutritional advice I would suggest the same.

But hey if you wanna be a 155lb boxer pony up and drink some milk. Me? I prefer to weight more than the average grade 8 kid.

so milk has no benefits right? none at all ?
    if milk truly does have no benefits,
    i just blame canada
    what do you even work out for anyways? i lift/condition/diet for a purpose. and my weight goes accordingly, i got some pretty good back development for the average weight of an 8th grader don't i?

if theres so many sources that qualify as complete proteins better than milk, i'd like to hear it --im pretty sure it goes
    1. whole eggs
    2. milk

owned

Alphatier is offline Member

if theres so many sources that qualify as complete proteins better than milk, i'd like to hear it --im pretty sure it goes
    1. whole eggs
    2. milk

owned
    Uhm, how about meats or chicken, or even fish?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Godson give it up man lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-S-Thompson View Post
    i dont know why wheat bread is better then white, or what GI means, but when it comes to milk i know EVERYTHING...

haha good catch collar
    thanks bro lol......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information