Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AusLifter is offline New Member

Quick diet question - Milk!

Firstly I would like to say that this forum is the most informative and in depth resource for a subject I have ever come across. I have been reading unregistered for a couple of weeks now.

Now, before posting a question or a thread, I always make sure I use the search function. I couldn't come up with anything definitive on this particular subject.

I have designed myself a bulking diet using the guide posted in this section. I am fairly happy with my diet. However, I am utilizing no fat skim ( 1gram of fat/250ml serve ) milk for a big protein boost. I am drinking about 2 litres per day with my Whey protein powders.

My question is simple. Is this safe? Is this excessive? Are there any risks in drinking this much milk? I feel fine and very little bloat if any. I drink each shake over the period of around 1 hour or so.

Your thoughts?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    thanks for the compliments.. as far as excessive HELL YEA. check the sugar content per 8 oz... its going to be around 12g! chuck it out.. post up your diet and we could defrinately further critique

Lucky I only started this new diet a few days ago.

Sugar is 52 grams per 1 litre of skim.

I am at work and will post my diet later tonight.

The reason I included so much milk in the diet was because it's easy for me to get down over a period of time. I find it difficult to eat 8 meals religiously everyday for a couple of reasons. 1. work and 2. sheer lack of ability to consume that much food. I am not a big eater.

you could change taht try squeezing even 5-6 meals, smaller mroe frequent.

you can prepack for work

ALL LINKS, ID WATCH THEM IN ORDER MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE VIDS IN THE 1ST!
    those 2 links are the basis of what you need right now, come back with goals, proposed diet with macros (pro, carbs,fat) of all foods, meals, day along with calories. then post up your BMR and your CURRENT diet and that is what we need for a proper critiqe. GL
    So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS

youll feel better, healtheir, hungrier by eating smaller frequent meals your metabolism will naturally speed uP!

Thanks for the links.

I have read the BMR guide and went through every meal, every ingredient and worked out how many carbs/protein/fat and calories were in each item.

Adding everything up, at the end of the day I'm only consuming about 300-400 calories more than what I am currently. Slightly less than the guide suggests I need to add 1 lb of mass per week.

I will post it up my diet when I get home.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    When bulking, I allow myself 1 glass of my milk per day, and only with my last meal, because of the slow digesting protein that is in it, but I go all out and drink whole milk. When it comes time to cut, though, all dairy goes out the window, except maybe some cheese here and there.

Thanks mate.

I realise there is a lot of sugar in the milk, but I thought because I was still around the right amount of calories that I needed, it would be safe.

As you can probably tell, I am a novice here. The best thing I can do is post up my diet plan and let you fellas pick it to pieces

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AusLifter View Post
    Lucky I only started this new diet a few days ago.

Sugar is 52 grams per 1 litre of skim.

I am at work and will post my diet later tonight.
    52 x 2 = 104g sugar. 416cal

you can utilise those calories a lot better to make you feel fuller and also feel a lot better.

if you are looking to consume carbs with those calories, try things like brown rice/sweet potatos/oats any of those and there a lot more options.

i can see your in aussie from your nick, rye bread is not too bad also, very high in fibre and good for digestive balance.

If you really do love your milk minimise it somewhere like 250ml to 500ml max in my opinion since you are bulking, but if you were cutting i would completly cut it out.

Saying that i personally do not drink milk at all.

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    52 x 2 = 104g sugar. 416cal

you can utilise those calories a lot better to make you feel fuller and also feel a lot better.

if you are looking to consume carbs with those calories, try things like brown rice/sweet potatos/oats any of those and there a lot more options.

i can see your in aussie from your nick, rye bread is not too bad also, very high in fibre and good for digestive balance.
    I'm eating brown rice and whole meal pasta for carbs twice per day. I liked that the milk was fairly high in calories as I struggled to get to the calorie intake I needed to gain. I find it difficult to eat 6-8 large meals.

The milk was purely for a big protein hit with my whey.

I shall post up my planned diet in a few hours.

Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by AusLifter; 06-22-2009 at 01:06 AM.

If you really do love your milk minimise it somewhere like 250ml to 500ml max in my opinion since you are bulking, but if you were cutting i would completly cut it out.

Saying that i personally do not drink milk at all.
    Yep at this stage bulking.

I was never a huge milk drinker either but I prefer my protein mixed with milk rather than water.

Quote Originally Posted by AusLifter View Post
    Yep at this stage bulking.

I was never a huge milk drinker either but I prefer my protein mixed with milk rather than water.
    bro how many shakes are you drinking? you should be getting a great variety of food protiens please post up your diet

Godson is offline Associate Member
    i drink 2 cups of milk per day with a custom bulker shake i made

i recommend it for a bulking diet

sizerp is offline Banned
    Thought I'd just re-post this to shed some light on milk.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Approximately 70% of all American calories come from a combination of the following four foods: wheat, dairy, soy and corn - assuming, that is, we exclude calories from sugar.

Were it true that these four foods were health promoting, whole-wheat-bread-munching, soy-milk-guzzling, cheese-nibbling, corn-chip having Americans would probably be experiencing exemplary health among the world's nations. To the contrary, despite the massive amount of calories ingested from these purported "health foods," we are perhaps the most malnourished and sickest people on the planet today. The average American adult is on 12 prescribed medications, demonstrating just how diseased, or for that matter, brainwashed and manipulated, we are.

How could this be? After all, doesn't the USDA Food Pyramid emphasize whole grains like wheat above all other food categories, and isn't dairy so indispensible to our health that it is afforded a category all of its own?
    Unfortunately these "authoritative" recommendations go much further in serving the special interests of the industries that produce these commodities than in serving the biological needs of those who are told it would be beneficial to consume them. After all, grains themselves have only been consumed for 500 generations - that is, only since the transition out of the Paleolithic into the Neolithic era approximately 10,000 years ago. Since the advent of archaic homo sapiens approximately 300,000 years ago our bodies have survived on a hunter and gatherer diet, where foods were consumed in whole form, and mostly raw! Corn, Soy and Cow's Milk have only just been introduced into our diet, and therefore are "experimental" food sources which given the presence of toxic lectins, endocrine disruptors, anti-nutrients, enzyme inhibitors, indigestible gluey proteins, etc, don't appear to make much biological sense to consume in large quantities - and perhaps, as is my belief, given their deleterious effects on health, they should not be consumed at all.

Even if our belief system doesn't allow for the concept of evolution, or that our present existence is borne on vast stretches of biological time, we need only consider the undeniable fact that these four "health foods" are also sources for industrial adhesives, in order to see how big a problem they present.

For one, wheat flour is used to make glues for book binding and wall-papering, as well as being the key ingredient for paper mache mortar. Sticky soy protein has replaced the need for formaldehyde based adhesives for making plywood, and is used to make plastic, composite and many other things you probably wouldn't consider eating. The whitish protein known as casein in cow's milk is the active ingredient in Elmer's glue and has been used for paint since ancient times. Finally, corn gluten is used as a glue to hold cardboard boxes together. Eating glue doesn't sound too appetizing does it? Indeed, when you consider what these sticky glycoproteins will do to the delicate microvilli inside our intestines, a scenario, nightmarish in proportions, unfolds.

All nutrients are absorbed in the intestine through the microvilli. These finger-like projections from off the surface of the intestine amplify the surface area of absorption in the intestine to the area the size of a tennis court. When coated with undigested or partially digested glue (glycoproteins), not only is the absorption of nutrients reduced leading to malabsorption and consequently malnourishment, but the villi themselves become damaged/dessicated/ inflammed and begin to undergo atrophy - at times even breaking off. The damage to the intestinal membrane caused by these glues ultimately leads to perforation of the one cell thick intestinal wall, often leading to "leaky gut syndrome": a condition where undigested proteins and plant toxins called lectins enter the bloodstream wreaking havoc on the immune system. A massive amount of research (which is given little to no attention both in the mass media and allopathic medicine) indicates that diseases as varied as fibromyalgia, diabetes, autism, cancer, arthritis, crohn's, chronic fatigue, artheroscerosis, and many others, are directly influenced by the immune mediated responses wheat, dairy, soy and corn can provoke.

Of all four suspect foods Wheat, whose omnipresence in the S.A.D or Standard American Diet indicates something of an obsession, may be the primary culprit. According to Clinical Pathologist Carolyn Pierini the wheat lectin called "gliadin" is known to to participate in activating NF kappa beta proteins which are involved in every acute and chronic inflammatory disorder including neurodegenerative disease, inflammatory bowel disease, infectious and autoimmune diseases.

In support of this indictment of Wheat's credibility as a "health food," Glucosamine - the blockbuster supplement for arthritis and joint problems - has been shown to bind to and deactivate the lectin in wheat that causes inflammation. It may just turn out to be true that millions of Americans who are finding relief with Glucosamine would benefit more directly from removing the wheat (and related allergens) from their diets rather than popping a multitude of natural and synthetic pills to cancel one of Wheat's main toxic actions. Not only would they be freed up from taking supplements like Glucosamine, but many would also be able to avoid taking dangerous Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) like Tylenol, Aspirin and Ibuprofen, which are known to cause tens of thousands of cases of liver damage, internal hemorrhaging and stomach bleeding each and every year.

One might wonder: "How is it that if America's favorite sources of calories: Wheat and Dairy, are so obviously pro-inflammatory, immunosuppressive, and generally toxic, why would anyone eat them?" ANSWER: They are powerful forms of socially sanctioned self-medication.
    Wheat and Dairy contain gliadorphin and gluten exorphins, and casomorphin, respectively. These partially digested proteins known as peptides act on the opioid receptors in the brain, generating a temporary euphoria or analgesic effect that has been clinically documented and measured in great detail. The Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology in Magdeburg, Germany has shown that a Casein (cow's milk protein) derivative has 1000 times greater antinociceptive activity (pain inhibition) than morphine. Not only do these morphine like substances create a painkilling "high," but they can invoke serious addictive/obsessive behavior, learning disabilities, autism, inability to focus, and other serious physical and mental handicaps.

As the glues destroy the delicate surface of our intestines, we for the life of us can't understand why we are so drawn to consume these "comfort foods", heaping "drug soaked" helping after helping. Many of us struggle to shake ourselves out of our wheat and dairy induced stupor with stimulants like coffee, caffeinated soda and chocolate, creating a viscous "self-medicating" cycle of sedation and stimulation.

As if this were not enough, Wheat, Dairy, and Soy also happen to have some of the highest naturally occurring concentrations of Glutamic Acid, which is the natural equivalent of monosodium glutamate. [MSG]* This excitotoxin gives these foods great "flavor" (or what the Japanese call umami) but can cause the neurons to fire to the point of death. It is no wonder that with all these drug-like qualities most Americans consume wheat and dairy in each and every meal of their day, for each and every day of their lives.
    Whether you now believe that removing Wheat, Dairy, Soy and Corn from your diet is a good idea, or still need convincing, it doesn't hurt to take the "elimination diet" challenge. The real test is to eliminate these suspect foods for at least 2 weeks, see how you feel, and then if you aren't feeling like you have made significant improvements in your health, reintroduce them and see what happens. Trust in your feelings, listen to your body, and you will move closer to what is healthy for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I thought I'd bold out a few fun facts in this article -
    Written by my friend - Sayer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sayer Ji is a philosopher of nutrition and nutrition educator. Visit http://www.patienthealthyself.info for strictly scientific information on the therapeutic effects of herbs, foods, spices and vitamins. Without freedom of information, there can be no health freedom.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sayer_Ji
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Also - Arnold never drank milk, and said it was for babies! ; -)

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post

And why is it that you recommend it? I see so many people say this. I recommend it! Ok who are your Charles Barkley recommending Speed Stick?

Give us REASONS...this isnt a commercial and you're a celebrity recommending something, this is a FORUM where people come for answers to questions.

Milk is useless imo.
    I have stated it many many times. It is mucus forming, has additives it in and it pasteurized. This means all of the active enzymes, vitamins, minerals and immunoglobulins are denatured or GONE.

So other than that it is a source of mediocre protein with sugar on the side. Why is milk a better option than a meat source? Well, it isnt.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    And why is it that you recommend it? I see so many people say this. I recommend it! Ok who are your Charles Barkley recommending Speed Stick?

Give us REASONS...this isnt a commercial and you're a celebrity recommending something, this is a FORUM where people come for answers to questions.

Milk is useless imo.
    I have stated it many many times. It is mucus forming, has additives it in and it pasteurized. This means all of the active enzymes, vitamins, minerals and immunoglobulins are denatured or GONE

So other than that it is a source of mediocre protein with sugar on the side. Why is milk a better option than a meat source? Well, it isnt.
    Agreed...To an extent.

I have a strongman friend (Britians Strongest man for under 105kg) and he drinks organic unpasterized milk. Its hard to get, but its full of calcium, proboitics, vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, I do not have a farm near me that produces it.

Milk is useless imo.
    I have stated it many many times. It is mucus forming, has additives it in and it pasteurized. This means all of the active enzymes, vitamins, minerals and immunoglobulins are denatured or GONE.

good man, totally agree.

imo milk is not needed in any diet bulking or cutting, and in bold what you have said god damn its so true hehe..

when i used to drink milk first few years of bodbuilding, always without a doubt had upset stomach and at the end ended up in hospital for a while.

No one could find the problem, i eliminated milk and oh guess what im perfectly fine now.

makod is offline Associate Member
    OP if your serious about putting on some muscle get your diet up. DIET #1! (i cant wait to start f*cken bulking!!!!!!!!!)

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Agreed...To an extent.

I have a strongman friend (Britians Strongest man for under 105kg) and he drinks organic unpasterized milk. Its hard to get, but its full of calcium, proboitics, vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, I do not have a farm near me that produces it.
    Fair enough, if I could get organic pure goat milk I would drink it.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Fair enough, if I could get organic pure goat milk I would drink it.
    Food and thought may sell that - it tastes so goaty though. Like you're drinking milk from a goat nipple... Oh wait, you are.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I avoid all dairy products because of all the sugar in them.

Milk is useless imo.

is all that extra bitchin really necessary, just simply say
    " state your reasons for why milk should be drank"
    instead of being a dick

1. good/ quick source of liquid protein
    2. great source of calcium which results in stronger bones long term
    3. Milk is a nutrient dense food that is a "good" or "excellent" source of 9 essential nutrients, including protein, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins A, D and B12, riboflavin and niacin - not suggesting there aren't better sources to get these things from

and people suggest not to take it due to sugar, i understand all foods have pros and cons.. just like tuna vs mercury intake

but nobody recommends to stop eating tuna when FDA makes them warn us on their can about their mercury which is a poison.

--basically weigh pros and cons, see how your body reacts to sugar intake, try to remove it. trial and error, im satisfied with my results and i drink milk very often, its my only sugar intake. pros outweigh the cons to me obviously
    P.S
    Arnold in his "encyclopedia of body building" specifically suggest in all 3 of the diets he gives, for people to drink 8oz of milk
    even though he does mention milk is for babies in pumping iron

good enough explanation bino?
    Last edited by Godson; 06-23-2009 at 12:13 PM.

what if you're on creatine by the way?

don't mix with carbonated drinks because of the sugars you guys would say?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Re-read my post bro - milk is really bad for you. ; -( Sad but true.

bro arnold may have said drink milk in all three of his diets, that was back the 70s and 80s, bodybuilders of this day and age have advanced and look much different and better.

My personal advice though, i dont tell people keep away from milk just cause of the sugar, i just believe its not very healthy imo.

also if im going utilise my calories and carb source, i would rather have something like lentils,beans,brown,sweet potatoes or oats, rather than wasting it from the sugars in milk.

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member

Milk is useless imo.
    so so so so so true

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    milk supporters always seem to have the same argument...oh wait, maybe because they saw the same COMMERCIAL....or ADD.....or any other MONEY MOTIVATED propagandized media blurb......i JUST got in this argument with my GF about her constantly giving her 2 year old milk ..because "he needs milk"....????

yeah, when he was an infant suckling from HIS mothers mammary gland...not a toddler drinking hormone induced, mechanically altered and st****** of anything worthwhile, milk from ANOTHER MAMMAL'S MAMMARY GLAND......

when i present all ACCREDITED INFORMATION and RESEARCH ....i get the "i know your right but im a woman so i cant ever give in" look....lol..

but seriously, americans are brainwashed to believe they NEED milk .....

of course they are gonna tell us we NEED milk.....any idea how much that "GOT MILK" media campaign must cost???? Dairy farmers are a HUGGGGGGEEEEE special interest group in the United States...and after all, Capitalism isnt concerned with whats best for you, but whats best for the ones making MONEY OFF OF YOU!!

sorry guys, this milk thing just gets me ooober pissed....
    Last edited by thabeastmaster; 06-23-2009 at 04:41 PM.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    milk supporters always seem to have the same argument...oh wait, maybe because they saw the same COMMERCIAL....or ADD.....or any other MONEY MOTIVATED propagandized media blurb......i JUST got in this argument with my GF about her constantly giving her 2 year old milk ..because "he needs milk"....????

yeah, when he was an infant suckling from HIS mothers mammary gland...not a toddler drinking hormone induced, mechanically altered and st****** of anything worthwhile, milk from ANOTHER MAMMAL'S MAMMARY GLAND......

when i present all ACCREDITED INFORMATION and RESEARCH ....i get the "i know your right but im a woman so i cant ever give in" look....lol..

but seriously, americans are brainwashed to believe they NEED milk .....

of course they are gonna tell us we NEED milk.....any idea how much that "GOT MILK" media campaign must cost???? Dairy farmers are a HUGGGGGGEEEEE special interest group in the United States...and after all, Capitalism isnt concerned with whats best for you, but whats best for the ones making MONEY OFF OF YOU!!

sorry guys, this milk thing just gets me ooober pissed....
    Not to mention it's a psychotropic - a.k.a. addicting.

bro arnold may have said drink milk in all three of his diets, that was back the 70s and 80s, bodybuilders of this day and age have advanced and look much different and better.

My personal advice though, i dont tell people keep away from milk just cause of the sugar, i just believe its not very healthy imo.

thats incorrect arnolds schwazengger's encycolpedia or modern body building was released in 1998, just to prove another milk hater wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-S-Thompson View Post
    so so so so so true

milk is far from useless, how can you people even agree with that?

maybe your right
    9 essential nutrients, and protein is completely useless
    and creating healthier bones also ,very useless
    Last edited by Godson; 06-23-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    milk is far from useless, how can you people even agree with that
    http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/li...en_palmer.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...mogenized.html

http://www.organichealthandbeauty.co...k_ep_62-1.html

read up my friend, the list goes on and on and on and on and on

thats incorrect arnolds schwazengger's encycolpedia or modern body building was released in 1998, just to prove another milk hater wrong
    actually you just proved yourself, another misinformed milk cult member, wrong....the book was first copywritten in 1985...which would explain how i purchased a copy when i was in high school back in 95'......it was RE-PUBLISHED in 1998.....

no wonder why you think milk is essential, you probably misread an article saying how bad it was...

Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    actually you just proved yourself, another misinformed milk cult member, wrong....the book was first copywritten in 1985...which would explain how i purchased a copy when i was in high school back in 95'......it was RE-PUBLISHED in 1998.....

no wonder why you think milk is essential, you probably misread an article saying how bad it was...
    did he keep the same information when he re-published it in 1998?
    milk is still in there in this revised verison, for being a poison of a liquid according to you guys, im quite surprised he still suggested it in 1998
    Last edited by Godson; 06-23-2009 at 07:08 PM.

every food is gonna have cons to it , to me the pros of milk outweigh the cons thats all im saying

for people to claim milk is useless which means it has ZERO benefits, they're just ignoring the facts, clearly it does and clearly it has its cons also just like every other food

i can google milk benefits and post up a bunch of links and have the same exact counter argument

did he keep the same information when he re-published it in 1998?
    milk is still in there in this revised verison, for being a poison of a liquid according to you guys, im quite surprised he still suggested it in 1998
    does it matter???

you were quick to jump on somebody pointing out they were wrong in an attempt to discredit them and their argument ....when in fact you were wrong....

its one thing to be wrong...totally another when you try and slam somebody else for being wrong when your info is bogus itself....

your blender is calling you....MIIIIILLLLLLKSHAKE...MIIILLLLLLLKSHAKE

sizerp is offline Banned
    *burp!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information