dj_pacman51 is offline Junior Member

How's this lookin?

Aite so Im pretty new to all this and I've read through a couple threads and wanted to get some feedback on my diet. My former roomate was a personal trainer and he kinda gave me some basic guidelines on what a diet should look like so here it is...

Macros:Protein/Carbs/Calories/Fat

Breakfast:
    2 Turkey Sausage Patties
    8 egg whites
    2egg yolks
    1 Slice of wheat bread

65/11/406/18

Snack:
    Almonds
    Fuji Apple
    Glutamine Capsule 500mg

9.5/29/340/24

Lunch:
    2 cups spinach
    6 Boiled eggs
    1 package of tuna

52/2/511/30.5

Snack:
    Gladiator Protein Shake
    Fish Oil

45/1/190/1

Next Meal:
    12oz tilapia or chicken or lean beef
    1 can of spinach
    1 tbsp of Siracha Sauce(aka rooster sauce I love this shit!)

93/13/527/12

Pre-workout:
    Apple
    BCAA 1000mg

.5/22/80/0

Post Workout:
    Isopure Zero Carb Protein w/12oz of water
    1 Slice of whole wheat
    1tbsp of peanut butter

58/13/355/10

Before Bed:
    Water

Total: 323g protein/91g carbs/2409 calories/95.5g fat

I drink about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water a day. I'm 5'9 220 lbs 21 years old. I'll get my bf % on here when I get it checked at the gym. I weight train 5 days a week. Cardio 5 days a week either 3 mile runs at 60% of max heart rate or HIIT cardio between sets (ie jump rope or mat drills). I been consistently doing this for about 5 months now, minus a couple days of partying.(I'm a dj... it comes with the job lol) I'm not gonna lie there are days when I run out of food and I go get a McDonalds dbl cheese burger or some chinese take out(DAMN THEIR CONVENIENCY!!!). On the weekend tho I dont eat as much since my activity level is rather low. But all in all I been trying to stay pretty strict. In the past months I have seen signifcant gains such as fat loss and muscle gain. And I been doin it naturally. I guess my goal is to start cutting up while the summer time is still here and then I'll start bulking in the winter. I wanna kinda have a shredded up look by my b-day in October. But like I said I am very new to all this. My football coaches jux taught us to eat a shit load and workout. Nothing about what to eat and when to eat and what not. So any feedback would be much appreciated.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I'd lower the protein in take in meals. 90 grams will be too much for your body to utilize at once. What you should do is break those protein amounts off into the snack and pre workout meals you have and keep the protein intake the same. I personally wouldn't recommend over 45 grams of protein at once. So try to keep it like that and break it up better for better results

I'm guessing with the lower carbs your goal is to cut weight?? Once you get down to desired weight remember carbs are vital as this is your bodies primary energy source and trying to build muscle without them will lead to less than desired results. Use the protein to build and carbs/fats for energy when you do go back.

Get your body fat on here

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    I'd lower the protein in take in meals. 90 grams will be too much for your body to utilize at once. What you should do is break those protein amounts off into the snack and pre workout meals you have and keep the protein intake the same. I personally wouldn't recommend over 45 grams of protein at once. So try to keep it like that and break it up better for better results

I'm guessing with the lower carbs your goal is to cut weight?? Once you get down to desired weight remember carbs are vital as this is your bodies primary energy source and trying to build muscle without them will lead to less than desired results. Use the protein to build and carbs/fats for energy when you do go back.

Get your body fat on here
    Thanks dude. Yea I do wanna cut up while the summer is here. I'll try and split up the protein with more meals throughtout the day. My carb intake was higher but after I cut out alotta carbs I definetly noticed significant fat loss. I wanna say it was about 130g to 140g a day. But is my carb intake optimal as of rite now for cutting?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_pacman51 View Post
    Thanks dude. Yea I do wanna cut up while the summer is here. I'll try and split up the protein with more meals throughtout the day. My carb intake was higher but after I cut out alotta carbs I definetly noticed significant fat loss. I wanna say it was about 130g to 140g a day. But is my carb intake optimal as of rite now for cutting?
    Looks to be and if your seeing results go with it. However it can be dependent on ones training, cardio timing, and abilities as some can cut on much higher amounts of carbs.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Aite so Im pretty new to all this and I've read through a couple threads and wanted to get some feedback on my diet. My former roomate was a personal trainer and he kinda gave me some basic guidelines on what a diet should look like so here it is...

Breakfast:
    2 Turkey Sausage Patties
    8 egg whites
    2egg yolks
    1 Slice of wheat bread

65/11/406/18

Snack:
    Almonds
    Fuji Apple
    Glutamine Capsule 500mg

9.5/29/340/24

Lunch:
    2 cups spinach
    6 Boiled eggs
    1 package of tuna
    Fix macros, 6 boiled eggs should be 42g protein roughly, and I'm not sure what 1 package of tuna means - maybe you're right on - but if it's 1 can of tuna than you definitely have more than 52g of protein in this meal.
    52/2/511/30.5

Snack:
    Gladiator Protein Shake
    Fish Oil

45/1/190/1

Next Meal:
    1 can of spinach
    Who are you Popeye? J/K
    93/13/527/12

Pre-workout:
    Apple
    BCAA 1000mg
    I'd up BCAA to like 5-10g - and maybe split it up 5 pre-WO and 5 PWO. Add in some complex carbs for energy about 45min-1.5 hours before you train.
    .5/22/80/0

Post Workout:
    1 Slice of whole wheat
    1tbsp of peanut butter
    Do Yams or Sweet potatoes (starchy carb) PWO. White rice is OK too IMO.
    58/13/355/10

Before Bed:
    Water

I drink about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water a day. I'm 5'9 220 lbs 21 years old. I'll get my bf % on here when I get it checked at the gym. I weight train 5 days a week. Cardio 5 days a week either 3 mile runs at 60% of max heart rate or HIIT cardio between sets (ie jump rope or mat drills). I been consistently doing this for about 5 months now, minus a couple days of partying.(I'm a dj... it comes with the job lol) I'm not gonna lie there are days when I run out of food and I go get a McDonalds dbl cheese burger or some chinese take out(DAMN THEIR CONVENIENCY!!!). On the weekend tho I dont eat as much since my activity level is rather low. But all in all I been trying to stay pretty strict. In the past months I have seen signifcant gains such as fat loss and muscle gain. And I been doin it naturally. I guess my goal is to start cutting up while the summer time is still here and then I'll start bulking in the winter. I wanna kinda have a shredded up look by my b-day in October. But like I said I am very new to all this. My football coaches jux taught us to eat a shit load and workout. Nothing about what to eat and when to eat and what not. So any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Some people say that fat intake PWO increases glycogen replenishment, while others say combining fats and carbs slow the digestion/absorption rate of glucose/nutrients.

If you're cutting, maybe take out the natty PB PWO and keep the starchy carbs. You'll have to see what works for you. You may lose some STR being leaner, as the fat deposits in our muscles can help with leverage etc.

Try either for a week, maybe move the PB to before bed-time snack. GL!

collar is offline Anabolic Member

Breakfast:
    2 Turkey Sausage Patties
    8 egg whites
    2egg yolks
    1 Slice of wheat bread

65/11/406/18

Snack:
    Almonds
    Fuji Apple get rid off
    Glutamine Capsule 500mg save for first thing in morning or before bed, also consume about 5g atleast

9.5/29/340/24

Lunch:
    2 cups spinach
    6 Boiled eggs too many yolks
    1 package of tuna can move this to another meal

52/2/511/30.5

Snack:
    Gladiator Protein Shake
    Fish Oil does that mean 1 fish oil?? no enough

45/1/190/1

Next Meal:
    1 can of spinach

93/13/527/12

Pre-workout:
    Apple remove
    BCAA 1000mg save for after training
    .5/22/80/0

Post Workout:
    1 Slice of whole wheat not enough carbs for your pwo
    1tbsp of peanut butter save for last meal

58/13/355/10

Before Bed:
    Water

i would split some of your fats evenly, one of your meals has 1gram fat, which i can see from fish oil.
    Meaning purposly your trying consume some fats there, so i would try split the 24g in one meal into more even number between the two.

Also i would save your bcaas for post workout,
    remove the peanut butter from your post workout and bring it down to the meal before bed.

also consume something before bed more effective something like beef or some sort of clean meat.

another meals has 30g of fat from eggs, also split those up and bring some down to before bed, or you just dont need to consume so much fat in one sitting.

i am assuming your trying cut here..

even out the numbers wayyyy too many proteins, even out the numbers for your carbs and fats..

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Looks to be and if your seeing results go with it. However it can be dependent on ones training, cardio timing, and abilities as some can cut on much higher amounts of carbs.
    Ok cool. Yea at first when I cut the carbs down to the amount I did see myself getting tired more during workouts. I've been slowly but surely getting used to it tho and not getting as tired. My roomate always told me to workout past failure so is it good to be dead tired after working out? Mind you I workout at night after work then I go home and go to sleep a lil while later. Would I burn fat more if I got a lil more carbs in my diet?

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Some people say that fat intake PWO increases glycogen replenishment, while others say combining fats and carbs slow the digestion/absorption rate of glucose/nutrients.

If you're cutting, maybe take out the natty PB PWO and keep the starchy carbs. You'll have to see what works for you. You may lose some STR being leaner, as the fat deposits in our muscles can help with leverage etc.

Try either for a week, maybe move the PB to before bed-time snack. GL!

Yea i got the eggs macros from this site, http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/d...products/111/2

Each egg was 6g of protein and the spinach serving had 3g of protein and the pack of tuna has 13g of protein. Yea the packs of tuna are alot fresher than the can. Yea I saw this vid saying that eating simple carbs after workouts would put glycogen back in my muscles. B4 I would jux take down the ispure after and thats all. So now Im trying to eat a simple carb afterward and see how that works out. Is there something else besides sweet potatoes u would recommend? Call me crazy but I jux cant keep those down. Something from childhood or somethin lol. And yea I jux been recently having a craving for spinach lol. And I been getting popeye brand spinach.

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    i would split some of your fats evenly, one of your meals has 1gram fat, which i can see from fish oil.
    Meaning purposly your trying consume some fats there, so i would try split the 24g in one meal into more even number between the two.

Also i would save your bcaas for post workout,
    remove the peanut butter from your post workout and bring it down to the meal before bed.

also consume something before bed more effective something like beef or some sort of clean meat.

another meals has 30g of fat from eggs, also split those up and bring some down to before bed, or you just dont need to consume so much fat in one sitting.

i am assuming your trying cut here..

even out the numbers wayyyy too many proteins, even out the numbers for your carbs and fats..
    Yea dude the supplements like the Fish oil and what not, Im jux taking the recommended amount on the back of the bottle. I didnt know if it was ok to take more than the recommended dose. But I will start doin that tho. Also... I was told that a slow digesting carb like an apple was important b4 a workout for energy throughout the workout. It was some video with a guy with an accent explaining diet he had a blue shirt on... idk if you saw it. Anyway... I'll cut that out and see how it goes for awhile. So eating b4 I go to sleep is ok? Its not gonna store it all in fat?

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    about hour or so before bed your fine.
    for me straight before bed and i have no porblem, but generally people have their meal like an hour before bed.

you can keep the apple there if you want to, but you can use other stuff utilise your carbs and fullness.
    like oats and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    about hour or so before bed your fine.
    for me straight before bed and i have no porblem, but generally people have their meal like an hour before bed.

you can keep the apple there if you want to, but you can use other stuff utilise your carbs and fullness.
    like oats and some other stuff.
    Ok cool I'll start eating b4 bed then. I was jux worried it would get stored in fat. Yea and the apple I jux eat cuz of its conveniency. Thanx for the advice man I appreciate it.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Ok cool I'll start eating b4 bed then. I was jux worried it would get stored in fat. Yea and the apple I jux eat cuz of its conveniency. Thanx for the advice man I appreciate it.
    if your gnna have fruit it shoudl be a lower GI fruit liek, an apple and shoudl be included with your PWO or preworkout meal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    if your gnna have fruit it shoudl be a lower GI fruit liek, an apple and shoudl be included with your PWO or preworkout meal IMO.
    Yea thats what I usually do. I removed it as my mid day snack and im jux gonna utilize it as a pre work out. I need some kind of energy source or i'll run out of fuel b4 I hit cardio. I would do oatmeal but I jux feel too full after that.

Im sitting here revising my diet plan and Im stuck at my PWO. What would be a suitable simple carb for PWO that would be best for replineshing glycogen? All I land on is white rice.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Im sitting here revising my diet plan and Im stuck at my PWO. What would be a suitable simple carb for PWO that would be best for replineshing glycogen? All I land on is white rice.
    many methods... go 2:1 carb to pro liek waxy maize startch immediate wtih an hour later refeed pro/carb meal.

i currently dont have initial PWO shake and just eat oatmeal pancakes when i get home as my PWO meal because im cutting weight. on my refeed days i go

50g waxy
    25g WPI

1 hour refeed oatmeal pancakes.

will start followign this once the whey goes though...

50g waxy/trehalose
    10g BCAA

1 hour later refeed, oatmeal pancakes....

peoples anabolic windows are overratedd and think they need shit so quick when in reality its alot longer tahn people think.. your pwo shoudl vary on your goals at the givent time

many methods... go 2:1 carb to pro liek waxy maize startch immediate wtih an hour later refeed pro/carb meal.

i currently dont have initial PWO shake and just eat oatmeal pancakes when i get home as my PWO meal because im cutting weight. on my refeed days i go

50g waxy
    25g WPI

50g waxy/trehalose
    10g BCAA

peoples anabolic windows are overratedd and think they need shit so quick when in reality its alot longer tahn people think.. your pwo shoudl vary on your goals at the givent time
    Yea the goal is to cut b4 the summer is out. Yea I was under the notion that the anabolic window was short and I had to get everything in in a hurry. Btw... where would I get the recipe for oatmeal pancakes?

50g waxy
    25g WPI

50g waxy/trehalose
    10g BCAA

MInd you an hour or 2 later I go straight to sleep. So would all this carb consumption be ok since im no longer going to be active anymore?

Thread Information