Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Monty2312 is offline New Member

Need a bit of advice please!

hi. i am very new to all this. i have worked out for three months now to get my muscles use to the new regime.

I'm 18.... 5Ft 6".... 150lbs.... bf% 18
    im being vey honest with my stats as i have decided its time to cut and i am also dedicated to the regime. i have a few questions im not to sure about. any help is greatly appreciated and all will be taken into account.

i would appreciate if all answers were serious and not makin fun of any of this thanks. most of my questions are about a diet log i wish to keep.

1) if i burn less calories do i burn less fat?
    2) is kcal the same as calories?
    3) if i do not know the macros from an item i eat is there sumwere i can get it from?
    4) if i cannot find the macros for an item i eat do i substitute in the macros for the closest item in?

thats all for now but i will be back! thanks for reading...

any tips for diet log also welcome.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty2312 View Post
    hi. i am very new to all this. i have worked out for three months now to get my muscles use to the new regime.

im being vey honest with my stats as i have decided its time to cut and i am also dedicated to the regime. i have a few questions im not to sure about. any help is greatly appreciated and all will be taken into account.

i would appreciate if all answers were serious and not makin fun of any of this thanks. most of my questions are about a diet log i wish to keep.

3) if i do not know the macros from an item i eat is there sumwere i can get it from?
    various internet sites, fitday.com, caloriecount.com
    4) if i cannot find the macros for an item i eat do i substitute in the macros for the closest item in?
    you shoudl be able to find them allk

ALL LINKS, ID WATCH THEM IN ORDER MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE VIDS IN THE 1ST!
    those 2 links are the basis of what you need right now, come back with goals, proposed diet with macros (pro, carbs,fat) of all foods, meals, day along with calories. then post up your BMR and your CURRENT diet and that is what we need for a proper critiqe. GL
    So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS

thanks eatrainrest!
    really appretiate it man...

will post back here in next day or two with what ive got!
    thanks

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    thanks eatrainrest!
    really appretiate it man...

will post back here in next day or two with what ive got!
    thanks
    no problem brotha

sizerp is offline Banned

1). When you move your body, it needs energy. Your energy levels are measured with units of heat, calories. Your energy sources are usually fat, and carbohydrate (glucose), and can sometimes be protein. When you burn fat, your body is utilizing lipid metabolism for it's source of energy. When you exercise, your body will burn carbohydrate calories first, as it's faster and easier, whereas fats are favored under low-intensity activity. So therefore, unless you're glucose stores (from carbohydrate) are depleted, you won't start burning fat as fuel.

2). 1 kcal = 1 Calorie = 1000 calories. Basically it's the same, for scientific purposes.

3). Try www.calorieking.com or www.nurtitiondata.com for food labels etc. However keep in mind every brand differs slightly. It's best to try and purchase foods with the proper nutrition label displayed somewhere on the packaging. Then you don't have to guess.

4). Basically yeah - try and find a product with similar properties. Also, most foods you'll be consuming for a healthy diet will have similar properties, so no worries. Nit-picking can wear you down.

Hope this helps.

thanks sizerp..... helping me alot understanding this thing.

Thread Information