Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice...

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    your missing one big point... protein should be equally distgributed throughout every meal
    yep yep

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe85 View Post
    i have not been eating before i go to the gym in the morning. --will a bannana be good just before and just after my workout?

i do heavy cardio on the stair stepping machine.

i have 3 fish oil capsules at home i can start taking

so would would my diet look more like this:

4:30ish bananna
    add 20g lean protein here
    4:30ish work out

5:30ish bannana
    if it takes you just an hour to workout what are you doing? just cardio, if so we'll have to change your diet to reflect, i was assuming you were lifting weights with a proper routine
    7am at work

7am beef jerkey with yam and fish oil
    no yam here, veggies, starchy carbs pre and post workout only
    10am swanson chicken in a can or beef jerkey
    add veggies if you can, if not it's okay, add fish oil to make sure fat is where it should be if needed
    1pm beef jerkey, yam and fish oil
    no yam, veggies
    4pm beef jerkey
    can add veggies
    7pm fish oil
    add lean protein and veggies
    is this closer for a start that i should be doing??? im only gonna be able to eat a mouth full or two at each sitting though at first.
    that's okay, you don't have to eat it all at one sitting, eat it throughout the hour, eat some, wait 20-30minutes, then eat a little more

Cloe85 is offline Female Member
    Last edited by Cloe85; 07-03-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: realized question was already partially answered

ok, as of today i have changed my work out schedule:

1 hr rotating:
    hanging leg lifts
    flutter kick
    the bending forward equipment that has adjustable weight
    sitting and pulling handle thing forward with back straight with weight
    leg press thing...

1hr
    stair stepping equipment with the arms on handles going back n forth

so with this work out schedule, would the diet above work for me now?

by the way, this was the hardest workout ive ever done in my life... thought i was gonna through up
    Last edited by Cloe85; 07-03-2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: what i wrote was not applicable

Originally Posted by 48volts
    I actually just learned that in my nutrition class. For the first 20 minutes of activity, the body use glycogen in the liver and the muscles for energy. When the body's glycogen runs out, the second option becomes for the body to break down amino acid into glycogen. However, after 20 minutes, and if the activity continued at a low-moderate pace (60-75% of MHR) then the body will use stored fat for energy.

I think it makes perfect sense to take a little protein before cardio, since that's what's gonna be used in the first 20 minutes anyways.

Also, I know I just basically repeated what Phate said. Whatever.

Originally Posted by Phate
    agreed, i've also read studies that show that fat is best burned in an oxygen saturated(that's kinda obvious since fat is oxidized) and a water super saturated environment, which makes sense as well

this supports the theory that low intensity aerobic cardio is best for fat burning

so if i understand this and some of what ive read... i want low or no carb and want protein before aerobic cardio to loose as much fat weight possible??? is that correct or did i miss something?
    we were arguing the point of using protein or bcaas before glycogen depleted cardio

for your goals i would get a bcaa supplement(pills or powder is fine), it should contain leucine, isoleucine and valine, and take 5g precardio

sorry i was writing while you were replying. i understand what you mean about the above.

so would the diet work for me now with the new schedule?

sorry i was writing while you were replying. i understand what you mean about the above.

so would the diet work for me now with the new schedule?
    if you are going to glycogen depleted cardio(cardio first thing in the morning) then you can't workout afterwards(until you eat something) as lifting weights is very anaerobic and you'll burn through muscle

so i you want to use am cardio you will have to go back to the gym later in the day to workout

but yes, the diet will work well in conjunction with this type of routine though you will get better benefits with a proper training routine(which we will help you with if you like)

remember that right now you are WAAYYY in a calorie deficit so don't overdo it with cardio or your lean body mass will suffer and gradually increase calories from a week to week basis

ok, i posted the workout that i did today in the work out room...

i do need help lol

ok so this diet will work, Great!

i am trying to eat solid food and i keep getting very sick from it and i have to drink a slim fast under protest just for some nutrients.

any suggestions on how to start eating solid food? i mean i am crunched in a ball for like 3hrs when i try to eat solid anything... i tried some beef jerkey = sick as ever then that night i tried 1/2 cup of pasta (plain) and 1/2 a cup of spinach = sick all over again...

so what i guess i really need now before i can really start that diet is to know how to eat solid foods again... what should i start with???

i screwed up so badly doing this slimfast diet...

ok, i posted the workout that i did today in the work out room...

i do need help lol

ok so this diet will work, Great!

i am trying to eat solid food and i keep getting very sick from it and i have to drink a slim fast under protest just for some nutrients.

any suggestions on how to start eating solid food? i mean i am crunched in a ball for like 3hrs when i try to eat solid anything... i tried some beef jerkey = sick as ever then that night i tried 1/2 cup of pasta (plain) and 1/2 a cup of spinach = sick all over again...

so what i guess i really need now before i can really start that diet is to know how to eat solid foods again... what should i start with???

i screwed up so badly doing this slimfast diet...
    we'll get to work on your training program, how many days do you go to the gym in a week?

as far as solid food goes, it's going to take some getting used too, describe what you mean by sick exactly? might be a problem with digestive enzymes?

i go to the gym 5 days a week, usally.

by sick, i mean:
    severe stomach pain and nasea... yesterday it went on for about 8 - 9 hrs. finally i was able to eat some rice cakes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information