Thread: raw eggs?

tondi53 is offline New Member

raw eggs?

alright guys...was looking around at some of the morning protein shake examples and saw a bunch of eggs as ingredients...is it safe to eat raw egg whites right from the shell and put em in the blender...might be a dumb question but just making sure...i hope it is because that would be much more convenient for me in the mornings before work...thanks again fellas
    -tondi

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Try a search, been discussed 10000000000000000000000000000 times

haha knew that was comin..

ufcfighter4 is offline Junior Member
    I eat egg beaters raw but not eggs...I mix it with my pwo so there is some real food in there also when i am sick for some reason I can get them down better then any other food..

Blog Entries

haha nice pic..yea i read up and it says the white egg beaters r better for you ne way because they are pasteurized and during that process that are heated up to a certain temperature allowing the nutritional value of the protein to come out of the egg white "the yolk is nutritionally best when raw, and the whites when cooked so the perfect egg would be sunny side up" also the risk of salmonella decreases greatly with the pasteurized eggs

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    you've got it!

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    raw eggs are fine i have 5 every day

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by british bulldog 1 View Post
    really, and how much of the protein do you think your body is able to process from these raw eggs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by british bulldog 1 View Post
    This is a perfect example of why noobs shouldn't train other noobs.

To the OP, do some research on the boards, you will find a lot of info on the topic.

thebigfella is offline Associate Member
    i dont get it, i have raw eggs whites everyday, they work fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by thebigfella View Post
    i dont get it, i have raw eggs whites everyday, they work fine for me
    then stay tuned and you'll get to see both sides

(1*) is offline Member
    i don't buy the bioavailablity of raw egg only being 51%.
    a. the only study that i have ever been showed on this used a very small (5 or 6) amount of test subjects that aged from young all the way up to 76 years old. this is poor for a study.
    b. it was done with one yolk and 15 whites. whites are crap. the yolk is the good stuff.
    c. one scientist i read an article on argued against this study because one of the ways they measured the absorption was by measuring an added by-product chemical in the waste. the study showed that the raw vs cooked showed less chemical in the waste, thus showing that less protien was absorbed when, according to the said scientist, this could actually mean the opposite.

one study is not enough period. especially when it's done with so little test subjects.

plus i consume 8 a day. thats 560 cals, and 48 pro. if the bioavailibility was only 51% i would be loosing muscle and weight as my diet is mapped out to the T.

the body builder's of old built thier bodies from raw eggs. it's obviously beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by (1*) View Post
    i don't buy the bioavailablity of raw egg only being 51%.
    a. the only study that i have ever been showed on this used a very small (5 or 6) amount of test subjects that aged from young all the way up to 76 years old. this is poor for a study.
    b. it was done with one yolk and 15 whites. whites are crap. the yolk is the good stuff.
    c. one scientist i read an article on argued against this study because one of the ways they measured the absorption was by measuring an added by-product chemical in the waste. the study showed that the raw vs cooked showed less chemical in the waste, thus showing that less protien was absorbed when, according to the said scientist, this could actually mean the opposite.

one study is not enough period. especially when it's done with so little test subjects.

plus i consume 8 a day. thats 560 cals, and 48 pro. if the bioavailibility was only 51% i would be loosing muscle and weight as my diet is mapped out to the T.

the body builder's of old built thier bodies from raw eggs. it's obviously beneficial.
    first off, i was referring to raw egg white bioavailability, not the whole egg, there is a significant difference in the when the yolk is added into the equation

but to my point on the raw vs. cooked, here's a study

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

(1*) is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    first off, i was referring to raw egg white bioavailability, not the whole egg, there is a significant difference in the when the yolk is added into the equation

but to my point on the raw vs. cooked, here's a study

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716
    this is the same study i was reffering to. i hate this study. it's sloppy imo.
    plus everyone uses it to argue eating raw eggs which as we both noted, is not the same as egg whites.

do you by chance know of a study for raw whole eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by (1*) View Post
    this is the same study i was reffering to. i hate this study. it's sloppy imo.
    plus everyone uses it to argue eating raw eggs which as we both noted, is not the same as egg whites.

do you by chance know of a study for raw whole eggs?
    i don't think so, but i'll go see if i can find one over the next couple days

Thread Information