Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keto diet

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    im having second thoughts only because before i run a keto like diet, i want more LBM and weight... i just started dieting right and have been so for quite a while so ive been caloric deficient for quite some time.. i think its time to put on a little more mass so im going to probably run a low carb bulking diet until like october november when im going to start my slingshot bulking diet and that will take me into probably march before i go back to low carb/ keto.... carb cycling was just too hard lol
    it shouldn't be, what were the amount of carbs on your low med and high day?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    it shouldn't be, what were the amount of carbs on your low med and high day?
    my one weekly carb up day was probly around 400g. with my workout days being 150g and non workout days around 110g. doing 30 minutes of LI cardio PWO and pretty intense 8-12 rep sets. the workout days arent bad because i have 1 meal then hit the gym.. its the off days lol and especially after my refeed day.

(1*) is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    my one weekly carb up day was probly around 400g. with my workout days being 150g and non workout days around 110g. doing 30 minutes of LI cardio PWO and pretty intense 8-12 rep sets. the workout days arent bad because i have 1 meal then hit the gym.. its the off days lol and especially after my refeed day.
    IMO your carb cycling is off.. not enough carbs on work out days.

low carb bulks suck man. it's much harder than cycling or keto. it's like being a hamster in a wheel.

you could try bulking on keto. high protien and high fat.
    the body needs the energy source of either fat or carb if you want to bulk.. just up the cals with the same % if you want to do it keto. if not i recommend you carb away for the bulk. 400 to 500 on high carb day. 0 to 100 on low carb day and right near the middle on normal days.

my 2 cents

a little update, day 3 of keto, currently showing negative traces of ketones through the keto stix... havent had THAT bad of cravigns for carbs as i thought i would have had.. am losing a bit of water pretty quick.. am monitoring strength and mirror as indicators. hopefulyl ill kick into ketosis sometime soon!

makod is offline Associate Member
    Make sure u keep us updated. You have gone down the same track as me lately - carb cycling then keto. Carb cycling was not for me - too many ups and downs.

Keto was interesting. I probably could have continued on it but due to a few different situations I couldn't stay on it. Very strong diet and will probably go back on it mid-September/October.

Currently on 250p 150c 40f (2000cal). 50/30/20.

lol new update, i quit the diet and am going back to just a lower carb lifestyle

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    ^well, that didn't last long.

what happened that made you discontinue the proposed diet?

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    ^well, that didn't last long.

what happened that made you discontinue the proposed diet?
    i know... thanks to crash dieting in the winter i had lost alot of size and have been working hard to gain and lose at the same time. right now im not happy wiht my weight condition being onnly 170 from 192. so im going to work on staying lean, gaining a little this summer and follow through with another bulk.. ill be running keto for 6 weeks probably around april of next year. thanks for all the help tho!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    ah, gotcha.

well good luck, bro.

jpl315 is offline Junior Member
    i don't understand why people always say they lose so much mass on a keto...i'd say i eat about 12 eggs and 2 lbs meat and i feel like i dont lose any muscle or even need a carb up....its just hard to have such a restrictive diet

makod is offline Associate Member
    eat are you going to use your knowledge to diet low carb or r u posting up a diet? i would be interested i think we have similar body types.

Quote Originally Posted by makod View Post
    eat are you going to use your knowledge to diet low carb or r u posting up a diet? i would be interested i think we have similar body types.
    im in the middle of reconstructing, but would you liek me to post up my diet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information