Thread: is my diet ok?

Aus_lifter is offline New Member

is my diet ok?

i am currently on a diet of oats and water at 6:30am
    2 pieces of fruit and a protein shake at 10am
    lunch is either chicken and rice or chicken and pasta at 1:30pm
    a protein shake at 4pm, tea is usualy either steak and veg or some type of meat at 6:30
    and a protein shake with a couple egg whites b4 bed at round 9:30pm.

the protein is all no carbs or sugars and i train 5-6 nites a week. im 22, 6ft and 89kgs with some fat on my stomach and love handles only. is my diet sounding ok to loose a little of it or what are your thoughts??

slugtastic is offline Associate Member
    hey man how u goin??? another ozzy..... you should have a look through the diet threads, the 1 by leanmeout will tell you how to work out your bmr, then you'll have to work out your (macros) how much carbs, protien and fat you have through the day, i couldn't help u but i no if you dont work all that out neither will any 1 else.... 1 thing there going to tell you is to eat more and more regularly...... but listen to the guys that help because they not what they are talking about!!

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Welcome to the diet forum....

please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..

you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)

once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros

MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible

please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout

also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...

if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)

if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)

Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..

for example..

i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs

275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight

236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)

TDEE

Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...

you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you have your TDEE, i need you to watch these videos

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=323516

this video will give you a great idea as to what your diet should be looking like and the foods you should be eating..

it's also very informative as to how dieting works and what you need to be doing..

once you've aquired this vast knowledge and done what i'v asked of you, please post up a new diet for critiquing and finalization...
    please include macros and times just as before...

try to remember that dieting is not an overnight thing.. it takes time and patience....

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    calculate your macros and your daily intake for us with the above information that jamy has giving you.

Also just from look of what you have said in your post, way too many shakes.

but lets start by getting the right numbers.

Aus_lifter is offline New Member
    thnx heaps jamyjar im onto it ill book in for an assessment and post it all up in a couple days for ur feedback

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    I know you got a ton of information to process, but if it helps, here is a simple example of how to lay out your daily diet when you get around to it....

Meal 1
    xxxxxxx ( Cal xxg, Fat xxg, Protein xxg, Carbs xxg)

Meal 2

Meal 3

Meal 4

Meal 5

Meal 6

Totals: Cal xxg, Fat xxg, Protein xxg, Carbs xxg

Hope it helps a little

Thread Information