Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peanut butter

thai-lan is offline Member

peanut butter

alright guys i need opinions for peanut butter ....

why is it good? When is the best time to eat it??

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    its good because it tastes good.....lol.....i dont really know how good it is...but i have a tbl spoon on wholewheat toast before bed with my caesin shake....i have natural peanut butter....i love the stuff.

Rendogg is offline New Member
    It's a source of essential fatty acids.
    1-2 tbsp a day is plenty.
    I usually have mine with my first meal of the day so the extra cals (100cals/tbsp) do not go unutilized.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    You need to get all natural peanut butter. None of that hydrogenated oils crap.

1table spoon in the morning and one pre work out would be fine??

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thai-lan View Post
    1table spoon in the morning and one pre work out would be fine??
    Well let me ask you this. For what purpose?

Why those times? What do your meals look like at those times? What is your macro split? What are you trying to accomplish?

Just using PB at random times makes no sense. Well in fact I would never use it at all. Much better choices and better forms to get your EFA's in; namely pure oil.

Klimax is offline Member
    If you wanna use it, use it in the evening or in the late afternoon (not post-workout). Watch out the macros in your daily diet. Peanut butter is specially a fat source.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    i take mine at 3am every morning spikes my gh level

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ^^^^^^^^^ so do you actually wake yourself up for the peanut butter or do you get up at that time??

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I use it before I go to sleep

supragasm is offline Associate Member
    all natural almond butter for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
    If you wanna use it, use it in the evening or in the late afternoon (not post-workout). Watch out the macros in your daily diet. Peanut butter is specially a fat source.
    Whats wrong with having fats PWO?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    All natural is the way to go. A tablespoon of it makes a great snack.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont use peanut butter and there is nothing wrong with using EFAS for pwo.

and there is also nothing wrong with consuming from all 3 sources for most meals.

pro/carbs and fats. yes you heard it fats, nooo your all going be fatties. SIGH

Orlando Rocket is offline Junior Member
    This is for Bino and Collar: You guys are highly respected on the diet board so can you tell me what I'm not getting here regarding fats PWO.

1) I thought that fats are slow digesting, wouldn't that be counter productive PWO if you're already eating a semi-slow digesting meal (egg whites and oats)?

2) So you don't believe in the separation of fats and carbs? This probably wouldn't matter much if bulking but what about if cutting?

I'm assuming were talking about a significant amount of fat also like that in a tbps of peanut butter, not something like 5 fish oil caps.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I eat peanut butter for breakfast, PPWO meal, and my last meal of the day. Tastes great, good source of fat, protein, and fiber. I eat Naturally More peanut butter. 4 tablespoons = 20 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber. I never eat that much in one sitting though, but you get the idea. The protein is of course derived from peanuts, but also egg whites, whey, and it has added flax seed oil.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    correct me if im wrong but PWO if you are consuming a simple sugar to achieve the insulin spike wouldnt you not want to include fats unless bulking? i know mixing your carbs and fats while bulking will help achieve your best bulking results but while cutiting dont you recommend separating pro/carb and pro/fat meals? I'm not talking minimal fat intake (i consume fish oils throughout the day) but something in excess of say 14g.

Klimax is offline Member
    I thought that fat lowers glycemic index of your carb pw. It brings about a lower release of insulin . We don't want it pw, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Rocket View Post
    This is for Bino and Collar: You guys are highly respected on the diet board so can you tell me what I'm not getting here regarding fats PWO.

1) I thought that fats are slow digesting, wouldn't that be counter productive PWO if you're already eating a semi-slow digesting meal (egg whites and oats)?

2) So you don't believe in the separation of fats and carbs? This probably wouldn't matter much if bulking but what about if cutting?

I'm assuming were talking about a significant amount of fat also like that in a tbps of peanut butter, not something like 5 fish oil caps.
    I dont see the need to separate fats and carbs, it's all about amounts of each and timing of each. If you want to have the absolute best diet it isnt just about the choice of foods but the timing's as well. This is where most people go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    correct me if im wrong but PWO if you are consuming a simple sugar to achieve the insulin spike wouldnt you not want to include fats unless bulking? i know mixing your carbs and fats while bulking will help achieve your best bulking results but while cutiting dont you recommend separating pro/carb and pro/fat meals? I'm not talking minimal fat intake (i consume fish oils throughout the day) but something in excess of say 14g.
    I only comsume simple sugar's sometimes after workouts. Usually using slin. And even then I use waxy+BCAA/creatine/glutamine. 30min later use whey and fish oils. I have fat in EVERY meal, absolutely every meal...dieting or bulking.

I thought that fat lowers glycemic index of your carb pw. It brings about a lower release of insulin. We don't want it pw, do we?

Why do you need high GI after workout? To re-fill glycogen? That is a 48 hours process so dont trick yourself into thinking you can refill glycogen with one drink of sugars lol.

You all know that EFA's increase recovery, oxygenate the tissues, allow for greater blood delivery to tissues, facilitate an environment for higher GH output, decrease inflammation and a host of other benefits right?

i agree with everything bino has said, he hit it all on the head.

personally i dont have simple sugars for pwo.

for me thats just not realistic and waste of calories.

also i dont believe by having efas with every meal is causing any problem when your bulking or cutting.

if you are having low gi clean foods, you should be able to consume fats with every meal without a problem.

and for me the benefits of efas, outweigh the benefits of everything is else .

timing is the key to everything.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont see the need to separate fats and carbs, it's all about amounts of each and timing of each. If you want to have the absolute best diet it isnt just about the choice of foods but the timing's as well. This is where most people go wrong.

I only comsume simple sugar's sometimes after workouts. Usually using slin. And even then I use waxy+BCAA/creatine/glutamine. 30min later use whey and fish oils. I have fat in EVERY meal, absolutely every meal...dieting or bulking.

Why do you need high GI after workout? To re-fill glycogen? That is a 48 hours process so dont trick yourself into thinking you can refill glycogen with one drink of sugars lol.

You all know that EFA's increase recovery, oxygenate the tissues, allow for greater blood delivery to tissues, facilitate an environment for higher GH output, decrease inflammation and a host of other benefits right?
    Preach it, man.

Klimax is offline Member

You all know that EFA's increase recovery, oxygenate the tissues, allow for greater blood delivery to tissues, facilitate an environment for higher GH output, decrease inflammation and a host of other benefits right?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice!

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Fats PWO also aid in protein synthesis.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Fats PWO also aid in protein synthesis.
    interesting...I hadn't heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    interesting...I hadn't heard that before.
    Yup, its 100% true. But he said PWO...its not limited to that, they increase it in general.

cool then i guess i will add peanut butter to my pwo meal and i should be good for another 25mins then as soon as i get home have another meal

cool then i guess i will add peanut butter to my pwo meal and i should be good for another 25mins then as soon as i get home have another meal
    I would never suggest this. If you use any oils after workout make it fish.

you guys been saying that its good to eat it post work out , why do you say you wouldnt suggest it?

WiBballer is offline Junior Member
    I second the almond butter.

you guys been saying that its good to eat it post work out , why do you say you wouldnt suggest it?
    I said certain EFA's are beneficial. I never once advocated the use of peanut butter in ANY of my posts. In fact I stated I would never touch the stuff myself and lsited reasons.

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    i have peanut butter throughout the day, gret a source of good fats and protein.
    dont matter when or how much just eat it if you wanna get big

^^^^there are better sources of good fats.......

i like peanut butter but that statement is false mate.......it does matter how much you eat...and also you dont have to have PB to "get big"

Klimax is offline Member
    Pb is a good fat sources because it has a great taste, but if you wanna a perfect diet for bulking or cutting you can add it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by british bulldog 1 View Post
    i have peanut butter throughout the day, gret a source of good fats and protein.
    dont matter when or how much just eat it if you wanna get big

in another thread you bashed someone on how they look and that they shouldnt give advice.

sorry to say but the advice you have just giving is horrible and terrible.

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    I use extra virgin olive oil...tastes so much better than pb.

It does help with the recovery though. So what about that?

Klimax is offline Member
    Olive oil has a great taste but flax and fish oil are better sources of fat.
    With high gi carbs postwo you're more likely to store fat too, because you can't be sure thet your glycogen levels are completly depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    It does help with the recovery though. So what about that?
    So 50g of sugar will aid in recovery more so than 50g carbs from sweet potato?

How exactly does that work?

Olive oil has a great taste but flax and fish oil are better sources of fat.
    With high gi carbs postwo you're more likely to store fat too, because you can't be sure thet your glycogen levels are completly depleted.
    EVOO is better than flax. I wouldnt use any SEED based sources.

So 50g of sugar will aid in recovery more so than 50g carbs from sweet potato?

How exactly does that work?
    Timing matters:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information