aaron1mix is offline Junior Member

Need help placing fats and supps

I think I finally have my diet mostly tuned in. I am bulking right now but nto really to sure where to place my;
    Flax oil - how many grams
    Fish oil - how many grams
    I currently use a lot of EVOO in my cooking so I get most of that EFA already.

Supps: Currently I only take vitamin C. I get the rest of my multi vits from the Nitro Tech Whey Protein. I figured most of the amino's you need come from the good proteins so I don't take any extra pills.

Question is what supps if any should I add and can you also insert them into my Diet?

Also, when I am done with my bulk, can I go immediately to cut or should I throw a 2 week maintenance buffer in between? And how long can you bulk, until you achieve your goal, or should there be a break in there as well?

Height: 5'11"
    Weight:178
    TDEE:2900
    Cal/pro/carb/fat

06:30
    .25oz ground turkey breast
    1 cup real egg product
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    2 slices Ezeikel bread (low GI)
    460/58/40/8.5

09:00
    4 oz chicken breast
    1/2 cup oatmel
    1 cup milk (1%)
    490/47/42/13.5

11:30
    8oz halibut fillet
    1 cup brown rice
    2 cups broccoli
    578/63/52/10

1:30 - Workout

3:00 (pwo)
    2 medium bananas
    2 scoops whey
    430/43/63/5

4:00 (ppwo)
    4 oz chicken breast
    1 medium sweet potatoe
    355/34.5/24/12

7:00
    6 oz tri tip
    1 cup brown rice
    10 medium asparagus spears in olive oil
    601/44.7/50.5/24.5

9:30
    1.5 scoops Casein protein
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp olive oil
    420/43/21/20.5

Daily Total - 3370/317/292/105

I alternate the meats with Tuna, or Salmon, different steaks... but the macros remain fairly the same. I drop my calories by about 300-400 on non workout days.

Please help me place the flax and fish oil, as well as any supps that I might be missing. Maybe just insert them and there amounts next to the meal times.

Thank You

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Even though a lot of Amino Acid's are consumed from clean protein - it wouldn't help to add in an Amino supplement in the morning. I would take the Flax seed oil in the morning as well - it's what I do. I'm not sure why you would take fish oil as well - as FSeed contains more nutrients, healthy fats and o m e g a 's than Foil, however if your taking both, might as well take Fish Oil at night.

You can bulk for 10 years if you'd like - but that's not saying you can keep the same meals and portions. I recommend changing your diet every 6 months or so... I wouldn't worry about cutting right now - when your done your bulking diet and are satisfied with the mass you've put on - come back and you'll receive the help you want.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    there should be a break in between your cutting and bulking phases to create a set point. I am not sure how long it takes to do this but from what I understand it is a great idea.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    fish oil is the best oil to take....

read this from C Bino....

Oils

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
    Even though a lot of Amino Acid's are consumed from clean protein - it wouldn't help to add in an Amino supplement in the morning. I would take the Flax seed oil in the morning as well - it's what I do. I'm not sure why you would take fish oil as well - as FSeed contains more nutrients, healthy fats and o m e g a 's than Foil, however if your taking both, might as well take Fish Oil at night.

You can bulk for 10 years if you'd like - but that's not saying you can keep the same meals and portions. I recommend changing your diet every 6 months or so... I wouldn't worry about cutting right now - when your done your bulking diet and are satisfied with the mass you've put on - come back and you'll receive the help you want.
    Fish oil is absolutely hands down 200% better than flax.

I would take flax oil completely out of your diet.

I think I replied to one of your posts earlier about fats. I never mean to pick on anyone but man before you give out advice you better be sure its the right advice because both posts I just happened to read from you are terrible to be honest.

I can give further advice later to the OP. But as for now I suggest you all read the link posted to my thread on Oils.

I appreciate the help. I have read your thread and it makes complete sense. I am just having a hard time with the amount. I haven't been able to grasp that concept yet.

I am thinking that I can throw in fish oil in meal 1, PWO and PPWO. I am just not sure how much ie; 1-2 grams per meal?

I have heard so many different opinions and fish oil is the best but the quantity is where all the controversy lies.

Is 6 grams per day a good start, and should I start my morning with an amino supplement?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    6g per day is NOTHING.

From the looks of your diet you are getting around 100g fat for the day.

Why not get 2/3 of it from oils?

Take out the PB, take out the milk. Thats a start.

Then put 3-5g fish oil into all of your meals. When you do this than just cut the amount of EVOO in that meal accordingly. Alternate the rest of your oils.

Rather than PB use walnut oil, in another pro/fat meal use macadamia. Even if you want use liquid fish and do a full tbsp for one of your meals.

I dont have time to go over the entire diet right now. I will try to do it later.

But also if you are using a lot of oils in your diet (which I do recommend) it is also very important to keep your anti-oxidants high. It wouldnt even be a bad idea to get Vit E oil and squeeze a few drops into your bottles of oils to keep them from oxidizing.

Oils will heolp oxygenate the body but also oxidize and can cause free radical damage when AO's arent high enough.

For now eat those god damn fish oils you son of a bitch. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    6g per day is NOTHING.
    LOL, so I was a little off 6g or 50g, who's counting.... I think I am finally starting to understand how to mix it all up now.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    For now eat those god damn fish oils you son of a bitch. LMAO.
    Think I should probably up my qty a little huh... lol

You don't have to critique the whole diet, you answered my questions, unless of course you get really bored. Thanks for the help, that last reply was perfect. I can figure out the macro's, basically I just need to replace about 1/3 to 1/2 of my fat with the fish oil, no particular meals just get the shvt in their. Add some vit E and work the fvck out!

psst, you know where I can get a case of fish oil? j/k

Thanks!

Thread Information