Orlando Rocket is offline Junior Member

Carbs in NO supplements (this is a diet question)

This is in the right threat category:

From a diet perspective: My pre workout NO supplement has 140 calories, which come from 36g carbs. I'm on a low carb diet (less then 150/day) and this is a significant amount of carbs for me. Would I benefit more by just not taking it and skipping the 36 carbs which would put me at about 115 carbs/day even though I'd probably be dragging ass in the gym?

Background:cutting, endo, carb sensitive

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    what kinda carbs are they??

check the ingredients

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Well i would imagine you would want to take in the bulk of your carbs when you wake up and before you workout.

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    what kinda carbs are they??

check the ingredients
    I would guess that they are simple carbs but I'm not really sure. I have two different types. The first one is BSN N.O.-XPLODE (which has 6 carbs per scoop, 0g sugar), the second is 6 Star N.O. Furry (this one is 9 carb per scoop, 1g sugar), I take 4 scoops before lifting. As far as an ingredient list goes, good luck. You know how the game is played with those damn supplement companies "proprietary blend" with a list of about 50 ingredients following. I'm trying not to cause any insulin spikes, aside from my whey shakes (with water) around workout time this is the only item in my diet that causes any concern to me of spiking my insulin.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Well i would imagine you would want to take in the bulk of your carbs when you wake up and before you workout.
    Well it is a pre-workout supplement so that is when I take it. The only other carbs during the day are upon waking and post workout, both of which are from oats.

So what's going to help me progress the most? Keep it or switch the available pre-workout carbs to oats? PS: I have quite a bit of the stuff but I got all of it for free, don't ask how

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Rocket View Post
    This is in the right threat category:

From a diet perspective: My pre workout NO supplement has 140 calories, which come from 36g carbs. I'm on a low carb diet (less then 150/day) and this is a significant amount of carbs for me. Would I benefit more by just not taking it and skipping the 36 carbs which would put me at about 115 carbs/day even though I'd probably be dragging ass in the gym?

Background:cutting, endo, carb sensitive

well thats all up to you and what your goals are and what you have achieved so far.

also personally i will not make up my carbs from supplements specially when you are on low amount of carbs, why not cut out the sup and replace with whole food complex carbs.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    how long have you used them for??
    and what your results so far??
    do you feel not much progression? if so switch it up to like i said in above post.

if you have just started perhaps if you want you can stick with it and experiment but i would just go whole food, i always believe in whole food over anything else.

specially cause i stay cut 99% of time, so i just prefer eating to keep me fuller.

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    how long have you used them for??
    and what your results so far??
    do you feel not much progression? if so switch it up to like i said in above post.
    I've been using for about a year and a half with an occasional break every now and then. The main reason I have been using for that long is because I read that the Vaso's and Creatin are the two most effective supps along with the fact that I could get the stuff for free. I'm not a big on supps though and agree that real food is where it's at. Progression has been OK (I haven't cycled AAS....yet), I'll definitely switch it up as recommended, track progress and how I feel for a month or so, then go from there. Thanks man

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Rocket View Post
    I would guess that they are simple carbs but I'm not really sure. I have two different types. The first one is BSN N.O.-XPLODE (which has 6 carbs per scoop, 0g sugar), the second is 6 Star N.O. Furry (this one is 9 carb per scoop, 1g sugar), I take 4 scoops before lifting. As far as an ingredient list goes, good luck. You know how the game is played with those damn supplement companies "proprietary blend" with a list of about 50 ingredients following. I'm trying not to cause any insulin spikes, aside from my whey shakes (with water) around workout time this is the only item in my diet that causes any concern to me of spiking my insulin.

Well it is a pre-workout supplement so that is when I take it. The only other carbs during the day are upon waking and post workout, both of which are from oats.

So what's going to help me progress the most? Keep it or switch the available pre-workout carbs to oats? PS: I have quite a bit of the stuff but I got all of it for free, don't ask how
    I would try to cut out as many supplements as possible. Try with just oats for a week and see how you feel.

Thread Information