Tjohn6231 is offline Associate Member

Milk during bulking

I cant stay away from milk. I will usually drink skim milk during breakfast, and whole milk in the evenings. Is there anything wrong with milk during bulking? I probably have about 5 or 6 cups in a day which includes my pro shakes.
    For post workout, Ill usually mix 50/50 skim, and water.

sizerp is offline Banned
    My friend Sayer is a brilliant nutritional expert. Here is an article he wrote. You may find it interesting.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/21582...Soy/Page1.html

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    can we get a cliff note version

grinchinit is offline Associate Member
    basically wheat, dairy, soy, and corn can cause lots of different diseases and the food pyramid was created by industry leaders to sell their products. about right?

green182 is offline Junior Member
    Diseases?

jadsgame is offline New Member
    milk is good no doubt it gives you quality carbs and protein, but its also got unwanted saturated fat in it. so i would suggest keeping your whole milk to a minimal so 20% of your total milk intake and the rest be skimmed. and regarding mixing your post workout shake with milk, you can actually skip that as it would slow down absorbtion since the milk has got slow digesting carbs. i would suggest you to instead substitue it to your preworkout shake as the carbs in the milk would help you through the workout. thats the only shake i would mix with milk. the rest of the milk, you can have it as a inbetween meal snack... hope that helped

all the best,
    jads
    Last edited by jadsgame; 09-15-2009 at 12:34 PM.

AnabolicApocalypse is offline New Member
    Milk is full of good protein but the knock on milk is that almost any kind of milk you buy will have a lot of sugar and saturated fat, with the exception of skim milk or soy milk(not actual milk). Definately a no-no on a cutting cycle and on a bulking cycle it is okay but too much will lead to unnecessary fat gain. I admit, I use silk in my protein shakes because using water makes me want to gag.

Thread Information