Thread: diet any good

bigboydan111 is offline Junior Member

diet any good

7am 3 weetabix with 200ml milk , can of baked beans on 2 pieces of wholemeal bread . cals 764 protein 42g

10am 1.5 chicken breast salard mixed , 1 apple . cals 246 protein 48g

1.00pm home made chicken soup 2 pieces of whole meal bread , 1 apple , 1 protein shake . cals 590 protein 52g

4.30pm can of tuna, protein shake . cals 292 protein 62.5g

8pm chicken breast, salard , 5 boiled pototoes . cals 467 protein37g

10.30pm 1 can rice pudding, protein shake with 1 shot of olive oil . cals 574
    protein 38g

total 2933 cals 279.5 protein

3 weeks ago i was 155pound now am 160pound my bf is 13.7
    id like to add more weight bit quicker can i increase the portions add more to the cals or add other meal?
    any help wound be great

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?

take a look at these vids....theyl give you a good understanding of what you should be aiming for.......

ok il watch vids , my diet is no good then ??

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    not really mate........you could change weetabix to oats.....eggs instead of baked beans....id take out the chicken soup and add chicken breast....id lose the rice pudding aswell maybe add some cottage cheese if you want something quick......

if you get a diet posted up Jamy....fireguy..eat...klimax...and a few other guys will be able to help you sort out your macros.....

also you should cut down on the pro shakes and substitute for real food...everyone has dif opinions on the amount of shakes......i have 1 post workout (whey) and 1 before bed (caesin).....also add some EFAs..

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    where are the macros, bmr/tdee?

werent sure on the macros so looked it up and calculated them my bmr is 1743.7 and my tdee is 2400 i read u times your body weight times 15
    im 25
    so im 5ft 7 , 13-14% bf and 160lbs
    i was 155lbs 3 weeks ago so put on 5 lbs
    im not to keen on eggs nor cheese thats y i choose baked beans and rice pudding but il try to eat if needed
    id like to get to 180lbs lean i know its going to be hard work. thought bout gear lots of mates do it there put on a lot of weight but i know its water and there diet is shite so want to get mine in check
    Last edited by bigboydan111; 09-12-2009 at 02:08 PM.

without putting up a detailed diet with macros how could i help you?? i need that info

i thought i wrote my diet above , i gave u my bmr and tdee i thought they were macros ?
    i googled it came up with nothing , is all new to me never heard of them until u asked for them soz for being dumb lol

Welcome to the diet forum....

if you have not already done so, post up your stats

height
    bf
    goals.. be specific

please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..

you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)

once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros

MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible

please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout

example:

6am pro/carb/fat/cal
    10 egg whites 50/0/0/200
    1/2 cup oats- 3/50/2/218
    53/50/2/418

REMEMBER

1g protien - 4cal
    1g carb - 4cal
    1g fat - 9cal
    1g alcohol - 8cal (some would argue 7)

also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula #1 (if you bf is high, use this one... you need an accurate bf reading)

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...

if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)

if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)

Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..

for example..

i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs

275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight

236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)

BMR formula #2 (only to be used if your bf is low)

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

female BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

TDEE

Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...

you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you have your TDEE, i need you to watch these videos

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

this video will give you a great idea as to what your diet should be looking like and the foods you should be eating..

it's also very informative as to how dieting works and what you need to be doing..

once you've aquired this vast knowledge and done what i'v asked of you, please post up a new diet for critiquing and finalization...
    please include macros and times just as before...

try to remember that dieting is not an overnight thing.. it takes time and patience....

Thread Information