green182 is offline Junior Member

Soy Milk Increases Estrogen Production?

Can drinking Soy Milk increase the estrogen in a man's body? Does it increase water weight? I try and stay away from as much dairy as I can because of the water retention and "puffy" look; hence the reason I have substituted Skim milk with SILK.

ANY COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

sizerp is offline Banned
    I would use Almond milk.

bumpster

jfalco is offline Member
    No definitely it does not.

The ties between soy and estrogen are basically BS.

AnabolicApocalypse is offline New Member
    Soy is an important protein just like the other proteins.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    as I understand it would take such a ridiculous amount of it to increase estrogen it is negligible

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    as I understand it would take such a ridiculous amount of it to increase estrogen it is negligible
    yup. you are correct.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    many studies have shown no connection between soy consumption and estrogen levels in men

things on paper often don't translate into real world effects becuase the human body is a very intricate machine

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Does no one use the search button anymore?
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Soy protein powder reduces endogenous testosterone by 19%.

You wouldnt give a shit if you were on cycle though.

Clinical and biological activity of soy protein powder supplementation in healthy male volunteers.

Goodin S, Shen F, Shih WJ, Dave N, Kane MP, Medina P, Lambert GH, Aisner J, Gallo M, DiPaola RS.

Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08***-2681, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE: To determine if a commonly used soy protein supplement exhibits biological activity in vivo and in vitro, we evaluated an over-the-counter soy protein powder supplement using blood from healthy male volunteers and in an estrogen receptor in vitro assay. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: We recruited healthy male volunteers 18 years of age or older that were in good health. Treatment consisted of consuming two scoops (56 g) of pure soy protein powder (Puritan's Pride, Oakdale, NY) daily for 28 days. Serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH) levels were collected on days -7, 0, 14, and 28 of therapy, and day 42. A reporter estrogen receptor (ER) assay was used to determine the effect on ER-beta and ER-alpha in vitro. RESULTS: Twelve subjects were enrolled with a mean age of 32.25 years (range 25 to 47). Serum testosterone decreased 19%(+/-22%) during the 4-week use of soy protein powder (P = 0.021) and increased within 2 weeks after we discontinued soy protein powder. Serum LH concentrations decreased during the 4-week use of soy protein powder then increased within 2 weeks after we stopped the soy protein powder, but the changes did not reach statistical significance (P = 0.20). Soy protein powder was found to induce agonist activity to ER-beta using a reporter estrogen receptor assay in yeast. CONCLUSION: Soy protein powder decreases serum testosterone levels in healthy men and acts as an ER-beta agonist; the significance of this biological effect with respect to cancer prevention needs further study.

Nark, can you comment on the above study? I am interested because i plan to take in at least 32 ounces of Silk Unsweetened ed for my bulk...

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Soy protein powder reduces endogenous testosterone by 19%.

You wouldnt give a shit if you were on cycle though.

Clinical and biological activity of soy protein powder supplementation in healthy male volunteers.

Goodin S, Shen F, Shih WJ, Dave N, Kane MP, Medina P, Lambert GH, Aisner J, Gallo M, DiPaola RS.

Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08***-2681, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE: To determine if a commonly used soy protein supplement exhibits biological activity in vivo and in vitro, we evaluated an over-the-counter soy protein powder supplement using blood from healthy male volunteers and in an estrogen receptor in vitro assay. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: We recruited healthy male volunteers 18 years of age or older that were in good health. Treatment consisted of consuming two scoops (56 g) of pure soy protein powder (Puritan's Pride, Oakdale, NY) daily for 28 days. Serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH) levels were collected on days -7, 0, 14, and 28 of therapy, and day 42. A reporter estrogen receptor (ER) assay was used to determine the effect on ER-beta and ER-alpha in vitro. RESULTS: Twelve subjects were enrolled with a mean age of 32.25 years (range 25 to 47). Serum testosterone decreased 19%(+/-22%) during the 4-week use of soy protein powder (P = 0.021) and increased within 2 weeks after we discontinued soy protein powder. Serum LH concentrations decreased during the 4-week use of soy protein powder then increased within 2 weeks after we stopped the soy protein powder, but the changes did not reach statistical significance (P = 0.20). Soy protein powder was found to induce agonist activity to ER-beta using a reporter estrogen receptor assay in yeast. CONCLUSION: Soy protein powder decreases serum testosterone levels in healthy men and acts as an ER-beta agonist; the significance of this biological effect with respect to cancer prevention needs further study.
    Above study is meaningless and it says so right in the abstract (bold). A sample size of 12 will never produce meaningful results.

right on man
    thanks for the replies
    i will be starting a detailed log of my bulk monday if any one is interested

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green182 View Post
    Nark, can you comment on the above study? I am interested because i plan to take in at least 32 ounces of Silk Unsweetened ed for my bulk...
    We've argued back and forth on this on this board and other boards... I don't think we'll ever come to an agreement.

For each study that says that soy lowers test, you'll find one that says it has no effect.

re: the above study, the sample size was too small... and the protein administered wasn't standardized.

i.e. No mention of the isoflavone/pytoestrogen content per 56gr etc.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

manhelthy is offline New Member

Soy Milk Increases Estrogen Production?

Yes, I agree with you dear

Thread Information